Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
    They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.
    What about the "Special" affixes?

Lacerating? Warding? Thousand Suns? Mauling?

Those were AWESOME. I'd hate to see such good work becoming grandfather-only and unaffordable for new players.

And I certainly don't want to see them removed, either.

Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
    They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.
    *cough*

Release Notes/Known Issues
    * The following effects have been temporarily removed from the game and may return at a later date: ABC, XYZ, LMNOP, etc

*cough*

Communication.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Actually, Ghost Touch was combined with Undead Bane.
    It's called Ghostbane now. It gives Ghost Touch plus Bane damage versus Undead.

So far we're seeing encouraging results. The changes made are making it easier for characters at all levels of play to find suitable weapons for the challenges they encounter.

Undead were one of the sore spots that had the potential to turn new and low level players off from DDO, so we're happy we were able to introduce a better tool to help overcome that challenge.

Really appreciate the communication on this.

My 2c is that:
    - 10/20/30 heal amp (convalescence) on bracers
    - radiance on weapons (if the changes are directed at levelling players, radiance weapons turn solo rogue levelling from a chore into a pleasure).
    - obscenity (or some other level draining effect) on weapons.
    all leave a big gap in random gear.

Happy to wait for combined-with-something-else-better versions if that's going to be a thing, but they were all pretty top end already.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Please bring back the others, especially the MoTU ones. I have been very unhappy with the loot re-do (and I am a massive fanboi) as it makes loot feel very bland and simplistic now. If it is just a step and re-vamping all of those enchantments into this new system is to come, then that is just fine. I think you will find a near universal sentiment variations in equipment enchantment is is a very positive thing.

Even if bursting is gone (which is fine under the new model) please try to re-work those old enchaments back in. Maybe Magma becomes a DoT. Maybe Sun's Fury becomes Fire IV and blind on a vorpal. Or whatever... but more effect and variation is always better.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

These bracers I bought before the expansion hit but as you can see they have been updated so my guess is that there is still a ton of effects that need adding properly to the loot tables in order for us to start pulling them in chests. This would also explain why all loot seems to be Ghostbane, Solar etc etc.

Stoner81.

As long as epic ward gives mobs 90% stat-damage immunity there is not point at all in making higher-level weapons that do stat-damage. Either remove this ward or don't bother.

And I'm still bitter about your changes making what was an level 16 +5 icy-burt WoP rapier now a level 20 weapon and useless.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 08-30-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    - 10/20/30 heal amp (convalescence) on bracers
    And while you're at it put it on Yellow-crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    As long as epic ward gives mobs 90% stat-damage immunity there is not point at all in making higher-level weapons that do stat-damage. Either remove this ward or don't bother.

And I'm still bitter about your changes making what was an level 16 +5 icy-burt WoP rapier not a level 20 weapon and useless.
    Unless they give us wounding I-X. That would be satisfactory at epic levels lol.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

So far we're seeing encouraging results. The changes made are making it easier for characters at all levels of play to find suitable weapons for the challenges they encounter.

Undead were one of the sore spots that had the potential to turn new and low level players off from DDO, so we're happy we were able to introduce a better tool to help overcome that challenge.

But you also removed obscenity. This is the worst of the removals as there are so few weapons in DDO that can level drain. I farmed Cormyrian weapons forever also to discover that the level drain property is bugged and not functioning correctly.

I understand keeping level drain rare, but at least fix it on Cormyrian weapons so players can farm for them and eventually get them. It takes an average of 20 turn ins to get one, and with 3 quests, accounting for deconstruction of items for materials back, I would say it requires 120 runs (40 runs of each challenge) to get one. It's an insane grind, so please FIX this property.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am not aware of any missing item properties that were not deliberately removed as part of the switch over to various tiered levels of item properties. If you feel an item is missing that should not be, send in a bug on it and someone can take a look.
    Then..

A) you have absolutely no clue about loot.
    B) you haven't had time to play with the release.

Feather has corrected this somewhat but in general...

Stunning, Vertigo, Shatter have been renamed.
    Bodyfeeder and lifeshield are gone.
    True Law and True chaos have been absorbed into a a general anarchic or axiomatic.
    As the above, the same has happened with elemental and force damage. i.e. there is no more blazing, but there is fire which will do 2d8.
    Force is now known as Eldrich.
    Burst modifiers seem to have been removed.
    maiming appears to have been removed.
    Special 'types' such as Desert Sand, Of the Sun, Rebel, divine light, etc. seem to have been removed.
    There are no more "banes" other than ghostbane which feather has commented on.
    Smiting, Paralizing, Vorpal, Bansihing, Disruption drop less, can happen on any weapon type, and at the upper levels have an improved version. (I don't know if paras actually have an improved version)
    Stat damage has been removed (see feather's comment again)
    poison (hp damage) only seems to be happening on named items.

This pretty much sums up what I've seen. Which I'm sure other people have posted before.
    Last edited by Missing_Minds; 08-30-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Then..

A) you have absolutely no clue about loot.
    B) you haven't had time to play with the release.
    In his defense he didn't say nothing was missing, he said nothing was missing that they didn't do on purpose.

What he should have done is forced who ever is holding out on the info to release a list of the changes and what was deliberately removed so that we could bug report the things that were not deliberate. But apparently someone at turbine has a great love of sorting through useless bug reports.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Unless they give us wounding I-X. That would be satisfactory at epic levels lol.
    It's why all those poison weapons were laughable . . . give us a cool effect for which the mobs are 90% immune? utterly pointless.

The absence of any new form of Heal Amp is very troubling. Many people are still using the horribly out-dated PDK Gloves from Motu, simply because they are a rare source of 30% heal amp. It would be nice to have heal amp added to the list of new item prefixes that can drop.

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    *cough*

Communication.
    Yes, a little clearer communication would have been ideal. The whole loot world turned upside down and we have almost nothing to go on as far as what is supposed to be happening and what did happen.

Turbine, if we don't have any idea what the changes are supposed to be, how are we to know what is or is not working as intended?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I've not seen convalescence dropping in loot tables since the update. Any Banes or Greater Banes from anything except Ghostbane is missing (which is a huge absence. There is more than undead in the game...). I've not seen metalline. I've not seen Good Luck. Lots of those sort of things.

I think the player base would like to know if these items are going the way of Guild Slots and being de-implemented or if they are going to make a return. A master list of old prefixes/suffixes and a corresponding "Now called XXX" or "Removed" or "Temporarily Unavailable" would be great.

Also, at what point will Cannith Crafting be updated to be in sync with the new loot gen descriptions? I'd think new players would be greatly confused by the differences between what they pull in chest and what they can craft. I guess the same applies to GS crafting, Alchem Weapons Crafting, and DT Armor Crafting.
    Asheras - Velania - Ventarya - Renvar - Vallorynn - Officer - Loreseekers and Sentinels Guilds - Khyber

We are deliberately removing anything and everything that contains: flavor, pizazz, zest and amusment. Please do not report this as a bug. If you have any questions or would like a preview of our plans, please refer to the "augment" system.

If you do not like vanilla, may we please offer you cardboard? We believe this will service the general populace of numb minded generation x-boxers much better than a rich, vibrant system of complex gear options.

Please be happy with your "deadly" prefix. We will be patching the game to increase monster hit points as soon as we feel everyone has had a chance to equip their new goggles/helmet/bracers/boots/armor/necklace or whatever else gear is best suited for increasing damage numbers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Yes, a little clearer communication would have been ideal. The whole loot world turned upside down and we have almost nothing to go on as far as what is supposed to be happening and what did happen.

Turbine, if we don't have any idea what the changes are supposed to be, how are we to know what is or is not working as intended?
    Absolutely, this. I'll admit, I'm more than a little bent out of shape over the loot "revamp".

So undead was the thing holding new players back? Okay.
    Does ghostbane hit the ghostly skeles in Deleras like a PG weapon? If it does, there's no mention of "good aligned" in the descriptor.

What properties were dropped? The ones that were introduced barely a year and a half ago?

Metalline still around?

Since cannith crafting still has the old properties (and is suddenly useful again), should we expect that to get feathered as well?

Here's the thing: we knew the enhancements were coming; at least we had the chance to prep for that. Shifting gear on us without warning, and not relating the changes fully in the release notes? That's low. When the players learn to expect the worst, that's the kind of garbage we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post

Turbine believes it's player's time is best spent filling out bug reports rather than enjoying the content. This is why we are being told to bug report everything rather than being given clear information as to what is and isn't an intended change, so that we can bug report just those things that are not intended. The bugs themselves are the new feature of DDO. The next raid they put out will require you to fill out a bug report as a standard part of completion.

Seriously turbine if you are going to use your player base to alpha and beta test your product, then at least give clear information so we can test it for you.
    Matt Walsh:

Community Member

Why was it made a suffix then, when Ghost Touch was a prefix? Now you cant get Ghost Touch of Disruption weapons, which were the ideal for taking on Undead-heavy quests with lots of incorps (Necro II, ie).

Sure, you can get Incorp bypass with certain named accessories, but it'd be even nicer if Ghost Bane was a prefix like Touch was, so you could get Ghost Bane of Disruption.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    Except for the fact that Undead bane was also granting a flat bonus to to-hit and damage via enhancing the enhancement bonus.
    Except it actually wasn't granting that, because it was bugged...
    I mean, I didn't actually test undead bane, and it was a couple months ago, but I did test reptilian, construct and ooze bane and the enhancement bonus just wasn't there.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast