Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Hello? Feather, Cordovan... anyone?

So there's been a few threads about it now, but no official response I can find.

Feather of Sun, you were communicative and helpful in the thread about min level adjustments, so why are you silent/absent now?

What happened to all the missing affixes? Sun's Fury, Crusader, convalescent etc... Oh, and "clickies," are those supposed to be gone as well? Feather, in all the "loot adjustment" conversations, you never mentioned (that I can find) anything about "certain affixes & clickies are being removed as part of this systems change." So is this an unintended issue that's being "looked into," or is it an intentional change to the loot table that was not deemed worth mentioning in a thread reply or release notes?

Just when the communication was improving, y'all clam up about this one...

So, can we get an official word on this?

Wether it's "oops" or "go suck eggs & like it!" anything would be appreciated over unresponsive silence.

Please?
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 08-30-2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Forgot about the missing clickies!
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

They can't see the loot section. They probably can't see general either....

Still waiting on my fix for the epic Flameward too
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    So there's been a few threads about it now, but no official response I can find.

Feather of Sun, you were communicative and helpful in the thread about min level adjustments, so why are you silent/absent now?

What happened to all the missing affixes? Sun's Fury, Crusader, convalescent etc. Feather, in all the "loot adjustment" conversations, you never mentioned (that I can find) anything about "certain affixes are being remoted as part of this systems change." So is this an unintended issue that's being "looked into," or is it an intentional change to the loot table that was not deemed worth mentioning in a thread reply or release notes?

Just when the communication was improving, y'all clam up about this one...

So, can we get an official word on this?

Wether it's "oops" or "go suck eggs & like it!" anything would be appreciated over unresponsive silence.

Please?
    While open communication is surely better for everyone involved, it lets the player base get a feel for why things are going on as opposed to just having to deal with what happened.

But I wonder, if the answer is "Go suck an egg we like it" do they really need to express that on the forums? I am sure if it is a bug, they are looking into it, I am equally sure that if this was all intended, then this is how it will stay.

Since it all seems to work, that is a good thing. I mean some effects have gone away, like Ghost Touch, but other effects have been lumped into a single effect, like retributive now encompasses every single guard, and some other kinds of effects, so you don't know the have all, end all bit about gear by seeing the name alone, you have to stop and look it.

Anyway, right now the labor day holiday is coming up, I am sure they are like everyone else looking forward to a long relaxing weekend.

To the staff, have a good one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    But I wonder, if the answer is "Go suck an egg we like it" do they really need to express that on the forums? I am sure if it is a bug, they are looking into it, I am equally sure that if this was all intended, then this is how it will stay.
    If there's something you don't like about a product you've purchased at a store and you call up the manufacturer, which would you prefer, that they tell you "sorry, we can't change that" or they just let the phone ring without ever picking it up?

It might be the same thing that happened at motu, and the old ones have been accidentally removed, or it might be intentional. (Paralyzing for example vanished for a while, and nobody was certain if it was intentional or not)
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    If there's something you don't like about a product you've purchased at a store and you call up the manufacturer, which would you prefer, that they tell you "sorry, we can't change that" or they just let the phone ring without ever picking it up?
    What would happen is that you get the CS person, who listens to you whine like a child making threats about how you will never use their product again because it is worthless trash and then after fussing at them for however long till you run out of stuff to hate, they then tell you "Sorry we can't change that" and then they suffer through listening to you whine again spewing hate and frustration at them even more because the answer they gave them is the not the answer you want.

Maybe you might feel better after that exchange, but the reality is the person on the other side of phone sure doesn't, and really builds an astounding apathy for the customers, the truth is if the company knew ahead of time what you were calling about, they would not pick up the phone, let to go to voice mail that said "Sorry that problem can't be fixed" and the only reason why they even bother to have a Phone number is because, there are the few times that they can do something about it.

The truth is, if it is a bug or not WAI, they will some day in the future get around to fixing it. If it is WAI, and this was what they want, then things will be as they will be.

Would it make any real difference if one of them posted something here to that effect or would it just be a chance to jump on them if you did not like the idea?

Community Member

What would happen is that you get the CS person, who listens to you whine like a child making threats about how you will never use their product again because it is worthless trash and then after fussing at them for however long till you run out of stuff to hate, they then tell you "Sorry we can't change that" and then they suffer through listening to you whine again spewing hate and frustration at them even more because the answer they gave them is the not the answer you want.
    The OP is not whining like a child. He/she is asking a perfectly reasonable question.

Would it make any real difference if one of them posted something here to that effect or would it just be a chance to jump on them if you did not like the idea?
    Yes, it would make a real difference. To me and others.

Even the threads where someone jumps in and says "read by a dev" are better than the ones that twist in silence.

Communication is essential. And people who feel heard are people who feel valued.

I'm pretty sure it will fall under:
    Quote Originally Posted by Release Notes
    Since many effects now scale to match player power, several effects have been removed, including Bane/Greater Bane and Burst effects. These effects will still appear on items that were acquired prior to the release of the Shadowfell Conspiracy.
    But it would still be nice to have confirmation. Also, there's not really a reason to have removed them, as they could have been added to the scaling, but whatever I guess.
    Combinations of effects were interesting. Burst was interesting. Blast/AOE effects on vorpal were interesting.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Since it all seems to work, that is a good thing. I mean some effects have gone away, like Ghost Touch, but other effects have been lumped into a single effect, like retributive now encompasses every single guard, and some other kinds of effects, so you don't know the have all, end all bit about gear by seeing the name alone, you have to stop and look it.
    I don't necessarily see this as a good thing on it's own.

It does however give us yet more reasons to ask for a proper search option for the AH where we can search by the attributes on an item not just based on a sub-string search of the item's name,

I want to be able to list any weapons with a red slot, or any items with a large guild slot.
    I want to be able to search for Deadly IV, Deadly V, Deadly VI (etc) effects so that I can see if there is better than what I have already available on the AH.

Potentially good changes, but like other recent changes where we're gaining things like increased sneak attack range on ranged attacks .... we're suffering from a lack of systems to support these. Improved AH searching would be great, and a vastly improved character sheet is essential - dev's have already confirmed that they can get a list of every single effect and attribute on their characters when testing so the data is there, we're just not being allowed to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post

Please?
    Come on, don't you know that RANDOM is FUN? What could possibly be more fun then random effects on named items? Oh, I know. Each patch randomly removing and adding different effects to the already random loot. It will keep things exciting and FUN.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Community Manager

I am not aware of any missing item properties that were not deliberately removed as part of the switch over to various tiered levels of item properties. If you feel an item is missing that should not be, send in a bug on it and someone can take a look.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am not aware of any missing item properties that were not deliberately removed as part of the switch over to various tiered levels of item properties. If you feel an item is missing that should not be, send in a bug on it and someone can take a look.
    Could you tell us which ones were deliberately removed? So far it looks like all the interesting combo ones added in MoTU are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Could you tell us which ones were deliberately removed? So far it looks like all the interesting combo ones added in MoTU are gone.
    They probably are gone and it is probably intentional, which is very unfortunate in my opinion. I have a Flaming Burst Kukri of the Icy Depths on my rogue and it is one of my favorite weapons. I will be sad to bank it when he reaches level 20. I quite liked several of the other enchantments that were available in the last year, as well, though I have collected very few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Yes, it would make a real difference. To me and others.

Even the threads where someone jumps in and says "read by a dev" are better than the ones that twist in silence.

Communication is essential. And people who feel heard are people who feel valued.
    Gonna go out on a limb here and say you don't work in CS.

Color em impressed. Thanks for the heads up, and info. Have a great Labor day weekend.

I mean some effects have gone away, like Ghost Touch
    Actually, Ghost Touch was combined with Undead Bane.
    It's called Ghostbane now. It gives Ghost Touch plus Bane damage versus Undead.

So far we're seeing encouraging results. The changes made are making it easier for characters at all levels of play to find suitable weapons for the challenges they encounter.

Undead were one of the sore spots that had the potential to turn new and low level players off from DDO, so we're happy we were able to introduce a better tool to help overcome that challenge.

Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
    They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.

It's a bit surprising that all the special pre- and suffixes introduced with MotU (all those which make a random item BtCoE) can't be found on loot anymore.

A complete list can be found on the ddowiki: http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_14_na...m_enchantments

Can you give any Developer Insight on why the design effort on these items is being wasted? Will the same happen with the next expansion pack?

Edit: Ninja'd by FoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Except for the fact that Undead bane was also granting a flat bonus to to-hit and damage via enhancing the enhancement bonus.

Some other missing effects are only gone temporarily, such as Bodyfeeder or ability score damage on hit.
    They will be re-introduced once higher-level versions are created so that you can continue finding better versions of them as you level.
    What about item enhancements which already exisited as a multiple-tier, high-level enhancement, like Major Luck and Greater Luck? Or Watchfulness/Wariness/Alertness/Omniscience?

Why did they have to go?

Also: Isn't this info something which could have been put into the patch notes, instead of a non-descriptive
    There are many new item effects and higher bonuses to find!
    ?
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 08-30-2013 at 11:23 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Maybe you might feel better after that exchange, but the reality is the person on the other side of phone sure doesn't, and really builds an astounding apathy for the customers, the truth is if the company knew ahead of time what you were calling about, they would not pick up the phone, let to go to voice mail that said "Sorry that problem can't be fixed" and the only reason why they even bother to have a Phone number is because, there are the few times that they can do something about it.

The truth is, if it is a bug or not WAI, they will some day in the future get around to fixing it. If it is WAI, and this was what they want, then things will be as they will be.

It'd make a better difference if, instead of going to the forums and grandstanding for attention by making threads calling out to the devs, people submitted BUG REPORTS. That's why they exist, folks. If you complain here about a bug, the devs just have to go in and put the bug in the system themselves anyway, possibly with less information because you only made a few brief remarks about the actual problem, and spent the rest of the time demanding an immediate response to your absolutely world-changing problem.

Seriously folks, the forums is not your first stop for finding a bug where you immediately demand dev response. Bug reports. Report the bugs. Use the bug report function. Report the bugs with it. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    Seriously folks, the forums is not your first stop for finding a bug where you immediately demand dev response. Bug reports. Report the bugs. Use the bug report function. Report the bugs with it. Etc.
    But then, it's not a good thing to have false-positive bug reports which create more white noise. What's wrong with asking and trying to find out if something unusual was a deliberate design decision?
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post

So far we're seeing encouraging results. The changes made are making it easier for characters at all levels of play to find suitable weapons for the challenges they encounter.

Undead were one of the sore spots that had the potential to turn new and low level players off from DDO, so we're happy we were able to introduce a better tool to help overcome that challenge.

May I put my finger into this a little deeper? Please advise, Feather, if there will be a rework of Canith Crafting in the nearer future as well?

1.) We would like to see the new prefixes and suffixes on custom made weapons as well.
    2.) We would like to be able to do better weapons than x of good II(+2) for higher levels. We are still missing the higher +x effects like vorpal in crafting.

Same goes for Shroud crafting and Alchemical...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast