Community Member

Default Noob Question: Does the latest expansion pack include the previous expansion packs?

Hey all,

I appreciate any help that is offered. I started playing a few months ago and am getting to the point where I am running into content I am unable to do with a VIP membership. If I buy the latest Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion pack, does it include all previous expansion packs or does it only include the content for SC?

Thanks again for any help offered!

Community Member

Nope.

Each "Expansion" is separate.

Community Member

That is what I feared...

Thanks for the speedy answer, Archangel.

Community Member

Ran into the same prob myself a couple of weeks ago...

However, if you add one to your cart, you'll get an option for a discount on the other. It didn't work out too bad for me at all.

Aes.

Quote Originally Posted by thereasoning View Post
    Hey all,

I appreciate any help that is offered. I started playing a few months ago and am getting to the point where I am running into content I am unable to do with a VIP membership. If I buy the latest Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion pack, does it include all previous expansion packs or does it only include the content for SC?

Thanks again for any help offered!
    There is a common complaint seen on the forums made by VIP subscribers that the expansion packs should be included in the subscription. Perhaps the argument could be made that the content (quests and raid) could be made available for free to VIPs. But currently, if the description is correct, the only purchasable expansion version that is currently content only is the MotU (Menace of the Underdark) in the DDO store, cheapest version. All other forms of purchasing either expansion come packaged with extra items, some of which are currently unavailable for purchase separately. Pre-purchasing expansion packs before their release has included goodies that are not available and probably will never be available again. Purchasing through the DDO Market will most likely get you more extras than purchasing in game using Turbine Points.

You can of course TR at level 20 and not have any need for the higher level content or Epic Destinies. And I suppose such could be used in Turbine's favor in the argument that the higher level content is optional and thus can be sold as an expansion as opposed to being included in the VIP subscription.
    Last edited by DDO_University; 08-31-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    DDO University : A player run organization with the goal of trying to enrich the playing experience and community of those who play Dungeons and Dragons Online through education and research.

Visit http://ddouniversity.wordpress.com/ for more information