Community Member

Default can't see electric traps

are electric traps invisible on purpose or is it some kind of bug? I can see when other traps do their effects but when an electric trap comes up it just looks like a mouth with nothing coming out of it. usually I buff jump and jump over the face but I can't tell where to jump sometimes seeing as I have no visual way of telling what's in front of me.

at first I thought it was because I kept my graphics low so the game is faster so i cranked it up to ultra to see if that was the problem but the traps still look blank.

Community Member

The lightning bolts in the harbor lighthouse quest were also missing for me. Would this be graphics or quest problems for a bug report? Or just "Other"? Ugh, there needs to be a sticky on what types of things go into which category. Brother Malden's "in progress" quest text is all wrong now too, but what category is that? I don't want to just put everything in "Other", as it's not just a typo there.

Hero

Just ran Tide Turns in House D, the lightning traps on the second floor are missing their lightning bolts as well.

Community Member

I have never seen an electric trap in action it's been an invisible guessing game.

I always see electric traps, both electric floors and the lightning wall/bolt ones. I'd assume it's about your graphics settings. Did you try to switch to Dx9 or disable bloom for testing purpose? There is a Level 2 quest in the Marketplace just next to the Rusty Nail, easy to access with lots of electrical traps, where you can test settings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhelin View Post
    I always see electric traps, both electric floors and the lightning wall/bolt ones. I'd assume it's about your graphics settings. Did you try to switch to Dx9 or disable bloom for testing purpose? There is a Level 2 quest in the Marketplace just next to the Rusty Nail, easy to access with lots of electrical traps, where you can test settings.
    I'm guessing I haven't seen them since the update. The chains on the harbor bridge are missing too. I thought they had just removed them but now I'm thinking it may be the same issue. I've run through all the preset graphics options in DX11 and DX9, and no lightning traps.

Quote Originally Posted by Frotz View Post
    I'm guessing I haven't seen them since the update. The chains on the harbor bridge are missing too. I thought they had just removed them but now I'm thinking it may be the same issue. I've run through all the preset graphics options in DX11 and DX9, and no lightning traps.
    Unfortunately you're right and I'm wrong. I can't see electrical traps either as it used to be. Must be a Bug in U19 or one of the hotfixes. Electrical spells are not affected, only traps - which makes eg. the Quest "The Tide Turns" nearly undoable when one have to pass the multiple electrical traps in the tower.

It's a new "feature" called GUESS WHAT TRAP I AM, ELECTRICALLLLLLLLL ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAP your dead.

I encountered this problem in Fleshmakers the other day. I saw the electrical blasts, but not the bolts.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    I encountered this problem in Fleshmakers the other day. I saw the electrical blasts, but not the bolts.
    Same thing here- we ran it today, and I could hear them, but none of us could see the bolts. Good thing I had evasion.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

They have new random appearances? Only running on an even or odd schedule to reduce carbon footprint?
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Community Member

I've had the problems with chains missing from the Harbor bridge and lightning missing from the Missing In Action quest ever since the update.

I have not had issues with what used to be the Harbor Lighthouse quest. Well, not graphics issues anyway -- when run on Elite it seems there are essentially no safe zones from the lightning, and places that people used to "know" were safe can now get you killed. Makes it hard to disable them using the INT runes when everywhere near the runes is part of the danger zone!