Default The new stuff : How it works and what does it work with Metas/stacking/spellpower/etc

Note: please see second post for question that we need answers to

I know I just posted a question asking if anyones tested two handed fighting with alternative damage stats that PDK's Dwarves and Elves get. Then I came up with a couple other questions that were not fitting that title... actually what we need is a thread about new stuff and how it interacts, stacks or works (or doesn't). Seeing as I can't edit the other threads title, consider this a re-do:

Reserving this post for Answers, next post for outstanding questions, please post a question you have or an answer that you've tested, and I will add it in.

Does "Faster Sneaking" in Rogue/Ranger/Monk Enhancement trees stack:
    Yes all three stack and you are faster than run speed, two stacked = identical (or close as "one Mississippi" can measure) to run speed.

Do alternative Ability stats for to-hit and/or damage give 1.5 bonus for two handed weapons (Dwarven Con to damage, Elven "grace" Dex, PDK CHA, etc.)
    Yes they do.

Divine Might extendable = No

Do new epic spells and Destiny feats take meta magics, crit lore and spell power bonuses.

Yes they do

Again see below for outstanding questions people can test, and help answer some of these, also feel free to post your own "how does it work" question there are lots of new things especially with ED feats, as so few have reached high levels to test them out.
    Last edited by IronClan; 08-30-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Reserved for outstanding questions.

Does Vault, or Shadow Jaunt share a cooldown with any other leap ability?

Does "Improved Martial Arts" which works with "Ki weapons" give Kensei Tier 5 centered weapons a +.5[W]?

Whats the cool down on the new Epic spells (ED destiny feats)
    Hellball
    Frog
    Forced escape

No one else has interaction questions on the new stuff?
    Last edited by IronClan; 08-30-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Added some stuff, can anyone test if Divine Might can be extended? Surely there's a cleric out there with extend, I need to swap a feat to test it (150k + a couple hundred K flawless shard), but someone with extend can just add it from protector tree for a couple k plat.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Does "Faster Sneaking" in Rogue/Ranger/Monk Enhancement trees stack:
    Yes all three stack and you are faster than run speed, two stacked = identical (or close as "one Mississippi" can measure) to run speed.
    It's probably not WAI, and may be fixed (eventually). Sneak Freedom will also increase your speed greatly if you use it with these enhancements.

Someone needs to make a toon with all three Faster Sneak enhancements, sprint boost and Sneak Freedom and see how fast it is.

cumon step it up

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Does a Fighter Kensei need 8 fighter class levels to get tier 5 +1 to Critical range enhancement
    No, 8 levels of fighter is only needed to take the Centering weapon enhancement (due to Weapon Specialization feat requirement) that synergizes with monk so well. (saw someone erroneously stating this in game, figured a debunk is the same as "how it works")
    Is the chain on the wiki not right then? I could have sworn that's what it looked like n live but I haven't checked recently.

"A good death" (the +1 to crit range) requires "Weapon Group Specialization" (which requires fighter 8 for the feat greater weapon focus)

Can Divine Might be extended (don't have a Pali or FvS that currently has extend)
    No extend has no effect on divine might (at least for Paladins don't have a cleric)

Community Member

I'm 99.9% positive "Keen Edge" +1 crit range in Kensai does require Fighter Level 8. It requires Weapon Specialization tier 4 which requires Greater Weapon Focus which can only be taken as a feat from a Level 8 Fighter.

"One with the Blade" requires "Keen Edge" and "Deadly Strike" so they both require Fighter Level 8 in essence.

Community Member

Spells including epic feat spells, SLA's which mimic spells in spell books, and ED abilities that specifically state they can be meta'd can be metad.

Community Member

Reserved for outstanding questions.

Do Meta magics, lore or spell power work on Epic/Epic destiny feats like:
    Hellball
    Ruin
    Forced Escape

Do DC check Epic feats/ED feats benefit from "spell focus" DC items and feats. (like Mass Frog)
    Yes to both of these. The epic feats are considered actual spells and are thus affected by DC boosting items/metas in the same way actual spells are (except heighten as they have a static 10 for spell level). As such, metas increase the cost of those spells as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Is the chain on the wiki not right then? I could have sworn that's what it looked like n live but I haven't checked recently.

"A good death" (the +1 to crit range) requires "Weapon Group Specialization" (which requires fighter 8 for the feat greater weapon focus)

No extend has no effect on divine might (at least for Paladins don't have a cleric)
    You are right I am wrong, not sure how I missed that weapon group specialization requires a focus/specialization feat at every tier. Must have seen Improved critical feat requirement and thought they changed it to that.

Adding no extend thanks, was hoping that since it now uses spell points it would be extendable

Quote Originally Posted by John_Rove View Post
    Yes to both of these. The epic feats are considered actual spells and are thus affected by DC boosting items/metas in the same way actual spells are (except heighten as they have a static 10 for spell level). As such, metas increase the cost of those spells as well.
    sweet adding that, haven't tried to take them on a character so I haven't seen the real in game decription, wiki is still low on updated info.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    It's probably not WAI, and may be fixed (eventually). Sneak Freedom will also increase your speed greatly if you use it with these enhancements.
    Wait wut? Sneak Freedom? I missed an entire ability somehow? So wassat?

The Hatchery

Wait wut? Sneak Freedom? I missed an entire ability somehow? So wassat?
    It's from Shadowdancer.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Adding no extend thanks, was hoping that since it now uses spell points it would be extendable
    The paladin version still uses turn undeads.

Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar

Heres a question, half/elf dilettante says:Proficiency with all martial ranged weapons, and can add up to 2 points of your Strength bonus to bow damage. Able to use wands and scrolls as if you were a level one ranger.
    This insinuates it's a simple bonus damage rather then a capped damage modifier, does this mean that if you have some way to add your dex to damage (elf or ninja spy), this would stack with that?

The lacerating shots enhancements from rogue mechanics doesn't state a cap on the bleed. How high does it cap up to or does it cap at all?

Are the alchemical trap enhancements from rogue mechanics affected by spellpower?

As for the faster sneaking, how does this interact with other speed boosts like haste or sprint boost? One of my toons is a monk/ranger/rogue split, so I tried all 3 of them with him, but while his unbuffed running speed while sneaking was faster then his unbuffed running speed without sneak, when I used both haste and sprint, his buffed running speed without sneak was faster then his buffed running speed with it.
    Edit: in fact, after testing it some more, I don't think sprint boost affected his sneaking speed at all.

In the case of the extra shurikens thrown by ninja training or shuriken expertise, can they proc doubleshot?
    Last edited by threefeetunder; 08-30-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Community Member

Default Divine Might Enhancement not working

The 2nd & 3rd tier of the Divine Might enhancement is supposed to extend the duration but 3rd tier is not working on my FvS, I still get only 60 seconds instead of 120. I put in a bug report, but wondering if others have this problem.

EDIT*: Well, i figured out the problem. You need to drag the DM icon from your enhancement tab to hotbar AFTER training the upgrade. Even though the icon is the same, it seems to work like the old ones that had different icons for different levels of ability.
    Last edited by HedgeHogShadow; 08-31-2013 at 10:46 AM.