Community Member

Default Just a brief reminder that Envenomed Blades Drow Enhancement is broken.

Erm, just as long as you're releasing frequent hot fixes to resolve small bugs with major consequences. The fact that you cannot use the Drow Envenomed Blades enhancement after you've logged off is a bit of a blinder and really should be fixed by now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brendael View Post
    Erm, just as long as you're releasing frequent hot fixes to resolve small bugs with major consequences. The fact that you cannot use the Drow Envenomed Blades enhancement after you've logged off is a bit of a blinder and really should be fixed by now.
    It is not just the Envenomed blades! As far as I can tell the only thing from the drow tree that works is the ability enhancement. Everything else does NOT work when you log back in. The SR enhancements will fade after log out. The prereq for Envenomed blades that gives Poison DR won't work after log out (tested very controlled in a PVP area against the slavers hand X-bow). I dumped everything from the Drow tree except the arcane fluidity and resetting the tree when I am doing something where a little spell fail is not acceptable. 3 points to reset and it takes 4k plat when I do. Also since the expansion, the Divine ability "Undying Call" does not function at all( Elf lvl 13 fvs/fghtr 1). When put on the action bar from the feats menu and selecting an appropriate target UC does not activate. Does not even register that I clicked the icon. Cmon Devs. You guys fixed the Arena End reward in no time..........How about a little love for the elves.

Xendrik weapons is broken
    Stat points are not constant
    SR is not constant

Drow are hosed here... can we get a fix please? I mean really, you have a splash screen that says "play a drow, they're just that cool." right now, us drow are broken...
    /sigh

Community Member

yeah my drow fighter/monk/rogue is pretty annoyed his racial weapons lines, and two weapon bennies dont seem to be working at all either.

Go figure a pay for race has its entire racial line failing, and the devs worry over a little not so special named loot being gained for completing a quest. Go figure I mean which is more likely to hurt your pocket book turbine, players of a race they may very well have payed to access feeling totally jipped, or players who bought a pack at some point enjoying a little semi useful twink loot only gained upon completing a quest which may not be the content that loot was meant for, but its still content being played through and completed to gain said rewards.

Which deserved more dev attention really tell me.

It's not just the Drow version. The assassin version of the same enhancement doesn't work either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    It's not just the Drow version. The assassin version of the same enhancement doesn't work either.
    Define doesn't work.

The only issue I'm having with the assassin version is it turning off after resting, even though it's showing on. Annoying? Yes. Doesn't work at all? No
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Define doesn't work.

The only issue I'm having with the assassin version is it turning off after resting, even though it's showing on. Annoying? Yes. Doesn't work at all? No
    That's broken. It's a toggle, which is supposed to be always on, and it's not always on. Thus, broken, not WAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    That's broken. It's a toggle, which is supposed to be always on, and it's not always on. Thus, broken, not WAI.
    Correct. There is a difference however between broken and doesn't work. Your initial statement was it "doesn't work". It does. Does it work correctly? No. As I said. So yes it is broken. But it does work correctly if you remember to switch it back on after resting. Hardly the most broken think in the world and a far cry from "it doesn't work"
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

for an player who uses assasinate it is broken because it will go off first and will break your stealth.
    But then again just learned that if you don't send it in a sbug officially it doesn't matter how many complained. (so going to do it next time I play)

So report it ask others who experience it to report it also. And hope it comes in their official bug list decently

Solution : don't play a drow. This update might finally fix the number of gimps ! Muahaha.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

So has anyone at Turbine acknowledged this issue yet? I'm losing patience now.

I have "Goobye cruel world" posts but the reality is that Turbine's useless QA, ghost town servers and customer feedback means that I log on once a week or so instead of three or four times*.

This makes me sad.

* Or in terms Turbine might understand, I've gone from spending $15-$40 on Turbine Points each month to not spending any money on points in the last two months and I don't see myself buying any in the immediate future either.
    Last edited by Brendael; 09-07-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Community Member
    still fighting the unending armies of shavarath

I just wanted to add, because the issue may be related to what some have said that most of the drow tree isn't working... The other day I earned and had spent an AP in my epic destiny tree. Immediately after applying the change, all of my enhancements in the drow tree (in the enhancements) had immediately disappeared, and I got the on screen message that I had xx action points to spend on enhancements. This happened after spending in the destiny system. Very strange.

So just thought I'd throw that one out there for the devs.

...J
    Thelanis: HoeLee, Rasminder, Cerinah, Arlinah, Shrenn, Rowkhan, Paladonis - Jakburton's Porkchop Express (now hiring)

Sarlona: Aingell of Death, KimberLee, Soullaris the Divine, Bendyr - The Order of Cygnus