Community Member

Default Construct Essence and Empower Healing (also heal/repair skill)

Hi all,

EDIT2: This is now redundant. I just noticed I will never qualify for this feat on this build. Meh. Still, the question stands, is there a meta which will help me heal? Maximise?

Looking for the advice about self-healing on my new TR. I'm going 12 Arti/6 Ranger/2 Rogue. So far I am up to 4/2/1 and will take rogue at 8th for Evasion.

This is an Int based build, and as such I have absolutely boxloads of skill points - enough that I can afford to invest in either Heal or Repair - but with Construct Essence on a Drow, which one actually helps me? I'm assuming Repair (which actually helps me, as it keeps Fido up a bit longer), but because I'm a fleshy, could it be heal??

Along the same lines, I want to maximise my healing, and am happy to spend a feat doing it - but does Empower Healing work with Repair spells? Do Repair spells benefit from this meta? I've read the Wiki but still can't find the answer to this.

Thanks for any advice (before I get in trouble and have to see Fred :P)

Aes.

EDIT: Poor phrasing, made me look like a Barb with it's gigantic smelly orc-foot in it's mouth. Corrected :P
    Last edited by Istaria1; 08-29-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    Hi all,

EDIT2: This is now redundant. I just noticed I will never qualify for this feat on this build. Meh. Still, the question stands, is there a meta which will help me heal? Maximise?

Looking for the advice about self-healing on my new TR. I'm going 12 Arti/6 Ranger/2 Rogue. So far I am up to 4/2/1 and will take rogue at 8th for Evasion.

This is an Int based build, and as such I have absolutely boxloads of skill points - enough that I can afford to invest in either Heal or Repair - but with Construct Essence on a Drow, which one actually helps me? I'm assuming Repair (which actually helps me, as it keeps Fido up a bit longer), but because I'm a fleshy, could it be heal??

Along the same lines, I want to maximise my healing, and am happy to spend a feat doing it - but does Empower Healing work with Repair spells? Do Repair spells benefit from this meta? I've read the Wiki but still can't find the answer to this.

Thanks for any advice (before I get in trouble and have to see Fred :P)

Aes.

EDIT: Poor phrasing, made me look like a Barb with it's gigantic smelly orc-foot in it's mouth. Corrected :P
    Are you casting spells to heal yourself? Are you drinking potions/whipping wands/reading scrolls?

All healing spells that I can think of are improved by positive spell power and the heal skill increases your positive spell power.

Scrolls/wands/potions are not increased by positive spell power. To boost them, you need to take Wand and/or Scroll Mastery enhancements.

When using the repair spells you get as Artificer, those are buffed by the Repair skill (even though you're a fleshy, you're using the construct essence to emulate a construct).

As for the repair spells, empower heal won't impact them, you can Empower and maximize them though to boost the effects of the spells.

-JJ

Community Member

Thanks JJ, that was the answer I hoped to hear.

Incidentally, you're not Irish are you? I ask because I am, and if you are, then hello from Waterford

Aes.

Community Member

You do qualify for Construct Essence (req: Arti 3), but you have to decide as a fleshie Arti which path you want to follow:

Positive Path - Don't take Construct Essence, and you're relying on your Admixtures to heal. You can't get Critical Admixture (req: Arti 18), so the best you'll have is the equivalent of Cure Serious Wounds, except it takes longer to cast than the CSW spell. However, you can use all 3 Metas on Admixtures (Emp, Emp Heal, Maxi), and it benefits from your Positive spellpower (and Ranger gets a cheap +75 Positive). In that case, you'd want to put your extra points in Heal

Repair Path - take Construct Essence, and rely on your Repair skills. They're faster than Admixtures and better in-combat, which is the main selling point here; however, you wont get Reconstruct with your class build, and you're always going to suffer from -50% Repair Amp so they'll never be as good as fleshie Positive healing. Plus you get a -25% Healing Amp penalty, which means it'll be tougher for your hireling/party members to heal you. You'd take Repair, in this case.

Personally, I'd go with the Positive route on your build. Saves you a Feat, gives you access to Empower Heal (which Artis don't usually get), keeps you healable by hirelings, and since you have Ranger, you should be able to get your Positive spellpower up high enough that your Serious Admixture should be a serviceable heal.

Positive-boosted Serious Admixture > Repair Critical with -50% Repair Amp, basically, even though you cant cast it in-combat as conveniently.