Community Member

Default Tentatively, nice job with the patch.

Assuming the fixes work, it's good to see this quick a turnaround on some major issues.

Now would someone qualified please give some attention to the loot tables and what are actually dropping? There are a good number of other issues in this thread that could stand to be addressed, or at least acknowledged, so people can plan accordingly.

Community Member

Haven't logged in yet, but if this actually works I have to say a big Kudos. Fast fixes to a number of major bugs that did not benefit the players. Very nice.
    My 2 copper,
    Rawel

Community Member

They fixed a tiny number of things in a decent amount of time. This is what a developer does, I don't think nice job has anything to do with it

when they fix stuff like no chests appearing in quests or the COMPLETELY BROKEN raids, you could say nice job

Community Member

This reminds me of Chris Rock's old comedy routine...bragging about $hit that you're just suppose to do.

I fixed some of the things that were broken in the game!

Good for you, you're suppose to fix the broken $hit, what do you want, a cookie?!

"I stay outa jail!", "I look after my kids!"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    They fixed a tiny number of things in a decent amount of time. This is what a developer does, I don't think nice job has anything to do with it

when they fix stuff like no chests appearing in quests or the COMPLETELY BROKEN raids, you could say nice job
    Just throwing them a bone. For a team that took six months to fix a five-minute, level 3 quest, I think a week turnaround on that much stuff is an improvement.

Compared to how well the people on the forums are working on their attitude, theyre doing an amazing job.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    This reminds me of Chris Rock's old comedy routine...bragging about $hit that you're just suppose to do.

Good for you, you're suppose to fix the broken $hit, what do you want, a cookie?!
    When I finish mowing the lawn, trimming the bushes, and pulling weeds, my wife has a cold beer and a kiss waiting for me when I come inside.

That motivates me to mow the lawn again next week.

If she just said, "You're supposed to mow the lawn, what do you want, a cookie?", I might not be as motivated.

I like the idea of motivating devs to work hard on this game, instead of treating them like dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

The Hatchery

There's no devs in this thread. There's no bragging, just "hey, thanks for that thing you did."

Yeah, it's their job, but you must work for one hell of an ******* if you think praise for something you're paid to do is some alien concept.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    There's no devs in this thread. There's no bragging, just "hey, thanks for that thing you did."

Yeah, it's their job, but you must work for one hell of an ******* if you think praise for something you're paid to do is some alien concept.
    If my employees were suppose to install a new roof, but it ended up having leaks that they had to go back and fix, I wouldn't be heaping praise on them for doing a good job.

These aren't 2 year olds learning to use a potty, these are adults doing a job they are paid to do.

Community Member

If my employees were suppose to install a new roof, but it ended up having leaks that they had to go back and fix, I wouldn't be heaping praise on them for doing a good job.

These aren't 2 year olds learning to use a potty, these are adults doing a job they are paid to do.
    You're very clearly not familiar with programming if you expect something of this size to be bug-free in any reasonable way. I'm sure you can find lots of quotes of famous people (in the programming world) attesting to that fact.

Baseball players get paid millions of dollars (even more than Turbine employees!), and yet most of them can barely do what they're paid to do (hit) more than 30% of the time.

Also your analogy is off, as this game isn't required for a house to be functional, like a roof is. It would be more appropriate to compare it to, say, a closet and its squeaky and not-opening-all-the-way door.

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post

It's a waiter's job to take my order and bring me stuff, I still say "thanx" and leave a tip.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Community Member

Be polite.

Can't hurt.

Might help.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    Haven't logged in yet, but if this actually works I have to say a big Kudos. Fast fixes to a number of major bugs that did not benefit the players. Very nice.l
    Well, in fairness the fast turnaround was likely spurred on by the closing of the massive exploit people were abusing nonstop. My impression is that this patch was rushed out in order to fix it.

They even listed it in the release notes, surprisingly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    When I finish mowing the lawn, trimming the bushes, and pulling weeds, my wife has a cold beer and a kiss waiting for me when I come inside.

That motivates me to mow the lawn again next week.

If she just said, "You're supposed to mow the lawn, what do you want, a cookie?", I might not be as motivated.

I like the idea of motivating devs to work hard on this game, instead of treating them like dirt.
    I'm a Master Gardener, among other things. The value and pride I hold in my work isn't dependant on others. Also, one's paycheck is a good motivation, usually.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    It's a waiter's job to take my order and bring me stuff, I still say "thanx" and leave a tip.
    Even if they suck, are moody, etc?

Default Understatement of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Compared to how well the people on the forums are working on their attitude, theyre doing an amazing job.
    Cheers to that. The amount of whining is a real turnoff in reading the forums. Kudos to those who take the high road. I just read through the latest patch thread, and it made me sick to see all the bitter whining and complaining.

I hope the silent majority have a better outlook, and are leading healthier lives than the people I see lashing out here.