Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a box.
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Tentatively, nice job with the patch.

    Assuming the fixes work, it's good to see this quick a turnaround on some major issues.

    Now would someone qualified please give some attention to the loot tables and what are actually dropping? There are a good number of other issues in this thread that could stand to be addressed, or at least acknowledged, so people can plan accordingly.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Haven't logged in yet, but if this actually works I have to say a big Kudos. Fast fixes to a number of major bugs that did not benefit the players. Very nice.
    My 2 copper,
    Rawel

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    They fixed a tiny number of things in a decent amount of time. This is what a developer does, I don't think nice job has anything to do with it

    when they fix stuff like no chests appearing in quests or the COMPLETELY BROKEN raids, you could say nice job

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    222

    Default

    This reminds me of Chris Rock's old comedy routine...bragging about $hit that you're just suppose to do.

    I fixed some of the things that were broken in the game!

    Good for you, you're suppose to fix the broken $hit, what do you want, a cookie?!

  5. #5
    Community Member Limey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    393

    Default

    "I stay outa jail!", "I look after my kids!"

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a box.
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    They fixed a tiny number of things in a decent amount of time. This is what a developer does, I don't think nice job has anything to do with it

    when they fix stuff like no chests appearing in quests or the COMPLETELY BROKEN raids, you could say nice job
    Just throwing them a bone. For a team that took six months to fix a five-minute, level 3 quest, I think a week turnaround on that much stuff is an improvement.

  7. #7
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    6,517

    Default

    Compared to how well the people on the forums are working on their attitude, theyre doing an amazing job.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  8. #8
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    This reminds me of Chris Rock's old comedy routine...bragging about $hit that you're just suppose to do.

    I fixed some of the things that were broken in the game!

    Good for you, you're suppose to fix the broken $hit, what do you want, a cookie?!
    When I finish mowing the lawn, trimming the bushes, and pulling weeds, my wife has a cold beer and a kiss waiting for me when I come inside.

    That motivates me to mow the lawn again next week.

    If she just said, "You're supposed to mow the lawn, what do you want, a cookie?", I might not be as motivated.

    I like the idea of motivating devs to work hard on this game, instead of treating them like dirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

  9. #9
    The Hatchery
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    This reminds me of Chris Rock's old comedy routine...bragging about $hit that you're just suppose to do.

    I fixed some of the things that were broken in the game!

    Good for you, you're suppose to fix the broken $hit, what do you want, a cookie?!
    There's no devs in this thread. There's no bragging, just "hey, thanks for that thing you did."

    Yeah, it's their job, but you must work for one hell of an ******* if you think praise for something you're paid to do is some alien concept.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    There's no devs in this thread. There's no bragging, just "hey, thanks for that thing you did."

    Yeah, it's their job, but you must work for one hell of an ******* if you think praise for something you're paid to do is some alien concept.
    If my employees were suppose to install a new roof, but it ended up having leaks that they had to go back and fix, I wouldn't be heaping praise on them for doing a good job.

    These aren't 2 year olds learning to use a potty, these are adults doing a job they are paid to do.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DakDeFrosted View Post
    If my employees were suppose to install a new roof, but it ended up having leaks that they had to go back and fix, I wouldn't be heaping praise on them for doing a good job.

    These aren't 2 year olds learning to use a potty, these are adults doing a job they are paid to do.
    You're very clearly not familiar with programming if you expect something of this size to be bug-free in any reasonable way. I'm sure you can find lots of quotes of famous people (in the programming world) attesting to that fact.

    Baseball players get paid millions of dollars (even more than Turbine employees!), and yet most of them can barely do what they're paid to do (hit) more than 30% of the time.

    Also your analogy is off, as this game isn't required for a house to be functional, like a roof is. It would be more appropriate to compare it to, say, a closet and its squeaky and not-opening-all-the-way door.

  12. #12
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    They fixed a tiny number of things in a decent amount of time. This is what a developer does, I don't think nice job has anything to do with it

    when they fix stuff like no chests appearing in quests or the COMPLETELY BROKEN raids, you could say nice job
    It's a waiter's job to take my order and bring me stuff, I still say "thanx" and leave a tip.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

  13. #13
    Community Member Tscheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,981

    Default

    Be polite.

    Can't hurt.

    Might help.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    Haven't logged in yet, but if this actually works I have to say a big Kudos. Fast fixes to a number of major bugs that did not benefit the players. Very nice.l
    Well, in fairness the fast turnaround was likely spurred on by the closing of the massive exploit people were abusing nonstop. My impression is that this patch was rushed out in order to fix it.

    They even listed it in the release notes, surprisingly.

  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    When I finish mowing the lawn, trimming the bushes, and pulling weeds, my wife has a cold beer and a kiss waiting for me when I come inside.

    That motivates me to mow the lawn again next week.

    If she just said, "You're supposed to mow the lawn, what do you want, a cookie?", I might not be as motivated.

    I like the idea of motivating devs to work hard on this game, instead of treating them like dirt.
    I'm a Master Gardener, among other things. The value and pride I hold in my work isn't dependant on others. Also, one's paycheck is a good motivation, usually.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    It's a waiter's job to take my order and bring me stuff, I still say "thanx" and leave a tip.
    Even if they suck, are moody, etc?

  17. #17
    Community Member Sarkastik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    87

    Default Understatement of the year

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Compared to how well the people on the forums are working on their attitude, theyre doing an amazing job.
    Cheers to that. The amount of whining is a real turnoff in reading the forums. Kudos to those who take the high road. I just read through the latest patch thread, and it made me sick to see all the bitter whining and complaining.

    I hope the silent majority have a better outlook, and are leading healthier lives than the people I see lashing out here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload