Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is a tech change at this point, but offering Heroic loot for heroic 20th completion lists and epic loot for Epic 20th completion lists is one of the reasons this change was made. Whether that becomes something offered in older raids, or is something that comes with future raids, will ultimately depend on various developmental decisions.
    That is some questionable decision making there. It is like Turbine is not even half finishing systems now before rolling them out on live.

Why in the world would any decent manager have code go into the game which serves no purpose yet and may never serve a purpose?

Code which serves no useful purpose is only there to cause possible bugs. It is hardly a shocker that such a well thought through decision as this one resulted in exactly that.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    That is some questionable decision making there. It is like Turbine is not even half finishing systems now before rolling them out on live.

Why in the world would any decent manager have code go into the game which serves no purpose yet and may never serve a purpose?

Code which serves no useful purpose is only there to cause possible bugs. It is hardly a shocker that such a well thought through decision as this one resulted in exactly that.
    signed
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Quote Originally Posted by Durkun View Post
    Wipes count against your Completions now :P
    Reference? How do you know?

Community Member

Why the developers borked something that was working is beyond me. My friend ran his 20th ADQ last night and got no named items. His counter even says 20. He was ****ed. Then I ran CITW with him on EH and he pulled the twilight. Although it was EH it was not even upgraded. He was so ****ed he logged off and is taking a break from the game.

So question: if I run my 20th CitW and don't see any named loot in the end-quest reward screen, can I simply not take anything and wait for a fix, then maybe see a correct list?

Vast & Mysterious since '06!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Why the developers borked something that was working is beyond me. My friend ran his 20th ADQ last night and got no named items. His counter even says 20. He was ****ed. Then I ran CITW with him on EH and he pulled the twilight. Although it was EH it was not even upgraded. He was so ****ed he logged off and is taking a break from the game.
    I think the upgraded stuff is only for FoT, not CitW...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    Since the heroic game just flies by these days, you've just ensured that there will be no more heroic raiding. "Well, I'm not going to hold level 18 for 20 completions, so might as well run 0".

There's also the thing I've been wondering about. We knew what U19 was (FR content), we know what U21 will be (FR content), but the only thing we know about U20 is that it will include Epic TR... I kind of imagine them epifying another Eberron pack for U20... but they haven't said what... Epic Vale? Sorry TRs, no more twink gear for you since there'll be no more heroic raid LFMs! ... What other pack out there is worth Epifying? Epic Necro IV?
    Epic Titan has been in the minds of many folk. Epic Abbot would be pretty sweet too.
    Thelanis - Active Toons -> Gyversix, Lootforge, Reyvhin, Darkmeat, Yukka, Raypac

Leader of Solid

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rev09 View Post
    So question: if I run my 20th CitW and don't see any named loot in the end-quest reward screen, can I simply not take anything and wait for a fix, then maybe see a correct list?
    Happened on my FVS and I went thru hell trying to see if I could wait and get my list. I was told by GM's and Account Support/CS over the phone that I was SOL. Supposedly this is fixed now tho.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this change is implemented for the older raids. I would love to see the raiding scene look like it used to, and frankly, I would love an opportunity to get some of the gear that I would never waste my time trying to get currently.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 09-01-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    Wow guys. While I respect your relentless, thoughtless negativity, is it really more important to make obnoxious comments than get nice gear for your characters?

There have been plenty of threads in here about how the raid scene is not what it used to be. This change helps that. It also should make hard to get items like the ssr and esos more attainable. How on earth could anyone voice opposition to either of these things?

You know how people say "You can't please all the people all the time"? In here it's more like "You can't please any of the people any of the time." Hell, if they give people changes they have been clamoring for, they are likely to get nothing but threads condemning the changes in return.

I'm just stunned that this is being complained about.
    You've got it completely backwards. We are stating our discontent about the system change that counts raid completions. They have NOT stated that epic items will be in end rewards. This change is only to allow them to count epic raids if, one day in the future, they decide to do it. They have not decided to do it.

And most people aren't complaining about the possibility of getting epic items on rewards list, but rather they chose to release an untested system design change that broke raid counters as they stand right now. All for something that might never happen. Then have a audacity to come out and give faulty information and flat out refuse to fix most of the problem.

People have every right to be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystera View Post
    Just a FYI CITW weaps aren't upgraded by difficulty to confirm what another said so him being upset over that is him just being wrong. The other is a valid reason to be upset over and believe Turbine did state yesterday 20's should be fixed with this patch if get a list that you are not supposed to gm's can now fix it and get you the correct llist.

That being said they really borked this and not running anyone close to a 20 until a confirmed fix is in place.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    You've got it completely backwards. We are stating our discontent about the system change that counts raid completions. They have NOT stated that epic items will be in end rewards. This change is only to allow them to count epic raids if, one day in the future, they decide to do it. They have not decided to do it.

And most people aren't complaining about the possibility of getting epic items on rewards list, but rather they chose to release an untested system design change that broke raid counters as they stand right now. All for something that might never happen. Then have a audacity to come out and give faulty information and flat out refuse to fix most of the problem.

People have every right to be mad.
    Yes, I read through the dev tracker and changed my post as you were posting. I agree that the raid counters need to be fixed to work properly ASAP. I wouldn't go so far as to say the current bugs (Citw counters for example) anger me, but I do feel temporarily inconvenienced. I'm not clear on how they are refusing to fix these bugs.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 09-01-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234