Community Member

Question Serious Issue, Anyone else having this problem?

So on the first day of the expack I spent my time just fixing characters and their enhancements, today I went back to a couple of them and discovered I CANNOT reset their trees with platinum only A$tral$hard$. That is I can hit the reset tree button but the option to do so with plat is greyed out and only the paid for option with A$ is available. I don't mind spending money on the game, I bought the expack afterall, but with all the bugs and issues being discovered as we play right now its not right that the only way to reset our trees is with A$.

So far the two characters that I have noticed this issue on are drow, both have bard levels, and on both I could not reset either their racial tree or their Spellsinger tree with platinum only A$.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, has anyone found a way to workaround it? I tried logging off and back on, no success.

Community Member

Haven't seen that one yet. I been getting the partial enhancement point reset whenever I take a point in my ED bug.

Community Member

I have a drow ROG/ART and the plat option is usabale (not greyed out) both reset specific and all trees.
    But still got the racial tree reseted on login.

Before today's patch you could unset the tab for a pre (via the pulldown at the bottom of the tab) and it would give you a reset of the enhancements in that tree. No idea if that behavior changed after today's patch, but its worth a try.

Do you simply have enough plat for the reset ?
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Thank you for any and all responses so far. I'll give it a try TPickrell. I wish it would reset with pts spent in ED Chauncey, no such luck.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    One of the two is my hagglebard, so definitely not the issue on her. I'll take a gander at the other one to see what her plat levels are but most of my alts have at least 20k plat.

The Hatchery

Quote Originally Posted by angelamm View Post
    A$tral$hard$
    For some raisin this bothers me more than people who say Micro$oft.

It's not clever, and if you do it more than once in a post it's just obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post

I am not a fan of raisins either my$elf.

Community Member

Sorry if it bugs you but hey I only wrote it out that way once and referred to them henceforth as A$. They are a currency, where our real world money is turned into a virtual currency only applicable in this particular virtual world, but somewhere along the line some portion of them represent real $$. Typing it this way is a reminder not just to others but also to myself. I find it obnoxious that they have been added to the game at all, and shoved in my face in so many ways.

First they put them on a little clicky on my inventory screen that could be immediately spent on repairs and such. (And the day they did this I could no longer allow my son to play my character in the harbor and korthos because he unknowingly spent them all. C'est La vie.) A$ to reset Epic Destinies. Then they added the A$ AH. A$ for augments. A$ to overcome optional quest objectives. Now we have A$ to reset heroic enhancements and to reroll chests. And icing on the cake we have a little A$ counter right there on our main playing screen as if it were too much trouble to open the inventory with the I button and check if we wanted. So you go ahead and feel annoyed by how I choose to write that word and i'll go ahead and feel annoyed by this being added to the game.

Back to the main topic. I reset my Epic Destiny on my hagglebard (Shadowdancer currently) and now her heroic enhancement resets are working fine again. I'll try it on my other character tomorrow. Its obvious something is conflicting between epic destinies and heroic enhancments what with some of the other bugs that have shown up such as spending a point in EDs causing heroic enhancements to reset on their own or things like Fey Favor not counting sometimes after the Enhancement Pass without the whole ED being reset. Here's to hoping everything works properly eventually.

For some raisin this sounds like sour grapes...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

how about ? instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-Hawkeye View Post
    how about ? instead?
    sigh, nvm... and I can't edit the post...

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    +1

Plat needed is scaled by level, as well as how recent you reset the Enhancements previously.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5072388

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Haven't seen that one yet. I been getting the partial enhancement point reset whenever I take a point in my ED bug.
    Is THAT what that is? I was wondering. I'd done a few different things right after logging in, before deciding to step into a quest. Noticed I had no Damage Boost, wondered what caused the partial reset. Good to know, I can look for it next time and do a proper bug report.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Is THAT what that is? I was wondering. I'd done a few different things right after logging in, before deciding to step into a quest. Noticed I had no Damage Boost, wondered what caused the partial reset. Good to know, I can look for it next time and do a proper bug report.

That's what's happening to the 2 toons I've been leveling up since the enhancement pass. It's always the race enhancements.
    And it starts out with about 15 points to spend, then I spend them, hit "accept" and BAM! 25 or so points to spend. Then it takes.
    It's like the game is asking..."Are you SUUUURE you want to spend those points THERE? How about spending points on something you have absolutely NO interest in at all?"

Community Member

So brought up my pure drow bard and reset her Fatesinger ED, only two points in so no biggie, and viola her heroic enhancements could be reset with plat again. Yay. But encountered another bug. Booo! Paid 4k+ plat to reset her racial tree and it only partially reset, kept points spent in Xendrik wpns and venomed blades, the part i most wanted to reset btw, so I paid 6k+ plat to instantly reset them again in the hopes it would actually completely reset her racial tree this time. Yay, second try worked.

So to sum up. I spent plat to reset her ED (not much). This made her heroic enhancement reset work with plat again. But I had to pay twice to get it to completely clear the drow race tree. But it worked, so I'm content.

Sheesh, I sure hope this bug doesn't show up often.