Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I'm more concerned about the bugs that prevent my EiN counter incrementing and how I mysteriously neg level myself and those around me without activating any enhancements.

Those are bugs that affect my gameplay.

Someone getting a different reward from a quest than the one they expected doesn't rate as a priority to me.
    I wholeheartedly agree! Im the original poster here and this bug may have just been a 1 time abnormality. The real problem here is that I believe there is a major problem with the game code as a whole., theres way too many strange things. going on. For example:
    I have a level 25 monk on Khyber , started the Wheloon prison quest chain with the main questgiver for the series, then proceeded to the questgiver for the first quest in the series and completed it, got my end reward and went back to the main questgiver. Well, all I got was some text over his head saying something to the effect of he has been busy with all the problems and the prison and couldn't talk to me, and for me to come back another time. Well, I went back to him the next day and still got the same dialog, couldn't advance the series. So, I just did all the quests in the series and didn't get any end reward. The funny thing is, any other character I've tried can advance this series with no problem. I even tried to reset the series with this monk, but it wont let me. This same monk cannont use the new Rise of the Phoenix, nothing happens. Its scary that theres problems on a character basis, some serious bugs here.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    What some of you call "bugs that benefit players" are grossly unbalancing exploits. They have a much more major impact on the game than occasionally getting stuck on a ladder, as annoying as that is.

There are bugs that "benefit players" that persist for weeks or even months. I know of one personally that's been around for a long time and still has not been corrected. (No, it's not this, and not Beguile, and I'm not saying what it is.)
    I know of 2.
    Also I just did von1, didnt even know about this gh stuff and I dont see whats the big deal, you get en gh stuff and relics, so whats so special about that?
    Usually you would be able to get random loot and a chance at +3 tome.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

You're making excuses for cheating, period.
    Read what I've posted again once you get down from your high horse.

I'm not making excuses for cheating or justifying cheating.

I'm stating in what I hope are very clear terms that I consider any positive "undocumented features" in the game to be insignificant compared to much more serious negative bugs.

Trying to make some correlation between my opinion and how your kids defend themselves when caught doing something you consider to be wrong is irrelevant.

Community Member

Read what I've posted again once you get down from your high horse.
    I've read everything you've posted. You keep replying to me talking about bug exploitation with comments about bugs that affect players. You're either making excuses for cheating or trying to change the subject.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    They were so excited about how they beguiled the red name at the end. I mean, it would have taken another 5 seconds to kill it without the exploit. It's not like we would have wiped without it or something.
    Blah blah blah. . . That's just something finally working the way it should. Red-name immunities are prime examples of stupid, lazy design in both quests and foes. Sadly, a lot of players are fans of stupid, lazy design that doesn't require thought beyond auto-attack.

You've got enough red herrings here to feed the Swedish army.

I never said anything about being happy about bugs that inconvenience players. I said that they are not a justification for bug exploitation.

What you are doing is like when one of my kids is caught doing something wrong and tries to justify it based on some grievance of his that is at best tangentially relevant.

You're making excuses for cheating, period.

And the implication, yet again, that Turbine only fixes problems that benefit players is complete nonsense.
    In my opinion your going about it the wrong way. Think from a perspective that doesn't benefit you solely.

Bug A gives you something for nothing.
    Bug B gives you something for nothing but also might effect something it shouldn't.
    You can only fix 1 bug within a few days the other one a few months.
    Which one do you choose?
    Put yourself into the position of the opposite choice you chose and you might actually understand what the other 100% of people who are not you feel.

Ladder bug has been around since creation. I know dev's have stated each ladder is fixed on a single basis as reported. But I think we all know what really happens. Therefore, I nominate Qaliya to create a new thread that will list ALL ladders that are broke, and the time they were reported from this date on in the main post, keeping it updated with new broke ones. With Qaliya to maybe also remove them from the list as patches/updates and such come by and they get fixed.

Community Member

I think this particular glitch should be left as-is, for one reason:

I don't care if people waste time farming lowest-tier, mid-level gear, but I'd like to know when those people hit my lfm. Sort of a heads-up of what to expect player-wise.

I think many people justify cheating as a way to "get back at the man," since Turbine has a proven track record of completely ignoring most bugs that cause inconvenience or outright break certain aspects of the game for players, but prioritizing fixes for anything the least bit exploitative.

Does that make it right? No, but that's the logic many people use.

Also, this bug was fairly insignificant in the scheme of things, considering you have Pale Masters being affected by Death Ward which prevents them from self-healing and people unable to get the proper rewards from 20th lists. The items from the GH list were epic normal versions so they were neither rare nor valuable. It needs to be fixed, yes, but it shouldn't be their top priority at the moment.

All you sinners must go to church on Sunday and make your confessions about cheating in DDO. Sarcasm aside now, bottom line is it's a game; there is no virtual right or wrong in playing the game. Some might place themselves in the high pedestal in attempts to elevate themselves to the next pedestal but that’s virtual also. So be happy play the game and leave your moral obligation with your significant other(s) and real life ventures. Who knows it might even get you somewhere, but I have my doubts.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    Well, heres a new one for you... Was running favor last nite on Sarona, and did Tharask Arena on hard. Went to get my final reward and lo and behold, there was serveral level 12 named items from GH in the end reward list. :-) I took the spiked boots. I mean, it certainly was a much welcomed end reward, but really, like the old saying says: "Splain it to me Lucy"
    LOL!

Everyone and their mothers were farming the hell out of it since the expansion came live...
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.
    GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.
    LMAO! M...D...? Seriously? - You have received an infraction...

Community Member

I am just learning of this issue and have to say, things like this bring out the worse possible traits in people. I am equally disgusted by this situation. People will argue, it's just a game, it doesn't hurt anyone...and so on. I call BS on that simply because if presented iwth the opportunity to scam someone or an ograniisation in real life they probably would do it...what does that say about people exploiting this situation? This is nothing more than people showing their true colours...

IF a gas station had posted their price to be $1.30 per litre (I know metrics messes up you folks south of the border...but anyways) and after you fill your tank and realise that you only paid $0.13 per litre, would you be honest enough to pay the actual price and mention it to the attendant or would you keep your mouth shut and go back and fill up your other vehicles exploiting the situation?

I see no difference bewtween the two...cheating is cheating regardless of how much justification you try to asociate to it. When you cheat you end up doing more that getting something you didn't earn or deserve, you make a statement about the kind of person you are.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    I think many people justify cheating as a way to "get back at the man," since Turbine has a proven track record of completely ignoring most bugs that cause inconvenience or outright break certain aspects of the game for players, but prioritizing fixes for anything the least bit exploitative.

Does that make it right? No, but that's the logic many people use.

Also, this bug was fairly insignificant in the scheme of things, considering you have Pale Masters being affected by Death Ward which prevents them from self-healing and people unable to get the proper rewards from 20th lists. The items from the GH list were epic normal versions so they were neither rare nor valuable. It needs to be fixed, yes, but it shouldn't be their top priority at the moment.
    now where have I seen this before DJL ? BTW ...nice to see you here again...

I was always a fan of Monopoly. Bank error in your favor, collect 5 elven relics.

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    I am just learning of this issue and have to say, things like this bring out the worse possible traits in people. I am equally disgusted by this situation. People will argue, it's just a game, it doesn't hurt anyone...and so on. I call BS on that simply because if presented iwth the opportunity to scam someone or an ograniisation in real life they probably would do it...what does that say about people exploiting this situation? This is nothing more than people showing their true colours...

IF a gas station had posted their price to be $1.30 per litre (I know metrics messes up you folks south of the border...but anyways) and after you fill your tank and realise that you only paid $0.13 per litre, would you be honest enough to pay the actual price and mention it to the attendant or would you keep your mouth shut and go back and fill up your other vehicles exploiting the situation?

I see no difference bewtween the two...cheating is cheating regardless of how much justification you try to asociate to it. When you cheat you end up doing more that getting something you didn't earn or deserve, you make a statement about the kind of person you are.
    To make a full decision other things need to be in consideration. Was the mistake by the company a first time thing or is it a pattern of sloppiness and perhaps lazy work that is causing those mistakes to come forth to begin with?
    Instead of holding the people who take "advantage" of it responsible hold the company or someone in charge responsible. Sure some mistakes happen, but when they happen regularly and show a pattern something needs to be changed where the problem originates from. Imagine if there were actual repurcussions for all the bugs introduced instead of a silent D'OH moment in your office telling yourself better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellifera View Post
    World's are coming down for an emergency hotfix.

hmmmm.....................
    From the release notes:
    Tharashk Arena
    • Fixed an issue with the end reward list.

I'm assuming that means now it will give end rewards that properly scale to the quest level so that EE items will drop on elite difficulty. Also, I'm looking and swear that I could see they are fixing the fact that my druid's sla's don't work. Nah, who am I kidding, but they did fix beguile.

Of all the player "positive" bugs (from dowsing rods, to challenge chests, to twists, to trading bound epic ingredients) I feel this one was the least disruptive to the game so can't muster up any righteous indignation that people were running the quest a lot, nor was I motivated much to run this quest for it.

For now I'll sit back with some popcorn to watch people egg the OP even though this was likely in the works to be fixed anyway. Turbine's turn-around time from this post appearing to hot-fix, coincidental as it was, will surely be enough to keep the forum tin foil hat providers in full demand for a while.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by sk3l3t0r View Post
    I was in a local shop yesterday and the girl behind the counter gave me too much change back. I corrected her and gave her back change to sort it. Understandably being a small business she was grateful for my honesty.

If my utility provider made an error on my bill and undercharged me I would be less concerned and would let them work out the mistake themselves. Does that make me dishonest for not going out of my way to notify them?

I was in a local shop yesterday and the girl behind the counter gave me too much change back. I corrected her and gave her back change to sort it. Understandably being a small business she was grateful for my honesty.

If my utility provider made an error on my bill and undercharged me I would be less concerned and would let them work out the mistake themselves. Does that make me dishonest for not going out of my way to notify them?
    If that girl behind the counter constantly gave you the wrong amount back would you correct her each time or after a certain time decide enough is enough she will have to learn. Just curious and don't think it really has anything to do with you though.
    Me personally, I would feel the way you do, but after awhile that girl kept giving me wrong amount I wouldn't say anything.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    If that girl behind the counter constantly gave you the wrong amount back would you correct her each time or after a certain time decide enough is enough she will have to learn. Just curious and don't think it really has anything to do with you though.
    Me personally, I would feel the way you do, but after awhile that girl kept giving me wrong amount I wouldn't say anything.
    I'd recommend that she gets a new till that allows her to put in the amount tendered and works out the change for her

Much like putting in a bug report offering some advice

Community Member

Poppycock. Taking an end reward from a game has zero impact on real life. To even make the connection between the two is seriously strange. I have killed many a human in DDO...and never once killed one in real life. Thats my story....and I'm sticking to it. rofl. What a bunch on nonsense....

Community Member

There is no order of magnitude when it comes to lying or cheating, regardless of how isgnificant / insignificant you asses te situation to be. It's black and white, not shades of grey.

Just because one orgasniation is bigger, richer or more complex than another doesn't make the situation right or acceptable. You are simply appeasing your own moral judgement by the fact that it's large organisation with lots of money or too complex to fix the problem themselves in a timely manner. if a small vendor accidently gives a person the wrong change it could affect them dramticaly, if a large vendor makes a mistake and loses millions it can also hurt them...there is no difference. a mistake was made and people either chose to do the right thing, or ignore ithe problem, and take advantage it's as simple as that.

Nobody is perfect, and if I discovered this situation playing the quest by chance I would have left it at that and not replayed it simply because I know it's broken, even if it works out to my advantage, at the end of the day I am only cheating myself.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast