Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Who can keep track of all the flights and hotels?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    For all, who did not know yet... Santa Clause is not real.
    You shut your mouth...

I refuse to believe this, he HAS to be real!!!

Knorgh (Pally/monk) Currently on life number 32

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I'm rather disgusted at the cavalier attitude so many take towards rampant bug exploitation. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given how many DDO players seem to care much more about "getting more stuff" than actually playing the content.

It's cheating, nothing more, nothing less. Even if Turbine knows about it but takes too long to fix it.
    Very much this.

I'm not saying people shouldn't run it like normal to advance the chain, you shouldn't hurt your game play due to a favorable bug. However, it's straight out wrong the amount of LFMs I've seen with people chain running it just to try to get the higher end loot that they don't want to have to work to earn.

-JJ

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    Very much this.

I'm not saying people shouldn't run it like normal to advance the chain, you shouldn't hurt your game play due to a favorable bug. However, it's straight out wrong the amount of LFMs I've seen with people chain running it just to try to get the higher end loot that they don't want to have to work to earn.

-JJ
    That might have something to do with a large portion of the loot being made somewhat obsolete.

Why put too much effort into getting something that is redundant with the next pack/expansion whatever you want to call it?

You know what disgusts me? The bugs which hinder the playerbase and yet get ignored.

My current favourite is Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm not incrementing EiN charges.

My Monk has all Epic Destinies capped (Yes, I'm one of those mythical eight), and has all Fate Points and Twists.

I TR'ed her and was looking forward to running in GMoF with all the nice Twists ready when she hit 20.

Only now EiN, the capstone ability of GMoF is an absolute pain in the arse to charge.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Yepp, I know, but they don't need my full name. I don't ask for an audience, I want to show them a mistake. If they want my full name + toilet habits they shall ask the NSA.
    Lol. You don't actually need to give them your full name

Next you'll be telling me that you put your mother's actual maiden name as the answer to online security questions?

World's are coming down for an emergency hotfix.

hmmmm.....................

Quote Originally Posted by jackabat View Post
    The point of being a pure rogue isn't handling traps, it's murdering people.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    That might have something to do with a large portion of the loot being made somewhat obsolete.

Why put too much effort into getting something that is redundant with the next pack/expansion whatever you want to call it?

You know what disgusts me? The bugs which hinder the playerbase and yet get ignored.

My current favourite is Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm not incrementing EiN charges.

My Monk has all Epic Destinies capped (Yes, I'm one of those mythical eight), and has all Fate Points and Twists.

I TR'ed her and was looking forward to running in GMoF with all the nice Twists ready when she hit 20.

Only now EiN, the capstone ability of GMoF is an absolute pain in the arse to charge.

Oh, I agree about the other bugs that greatly hurt players enjoyment and ability to just play. I've taken breaks several times over frustrations with things that I perceived as being "wrong" or just bugs that made it a chore for me to log in. I'm not saying give them a pass on things that are broken in the game.

That having been said, there being problems in the game that are bad for us doesn't make it ok for the player base to take every opportunity to cheat and abuse broken aspects of the game. Again, though, if something is broken and it just helps you out as you are playing normally, I have no problem with people doing that. But making an explicit effort to abuse a bug as much as possible before they fix it, I just think of as being morally wrong.

Then again, it's not right for me to impose my moral beliefs on anyone else, but I can still be disappointed in my fellow players that would take part in this type of thing (not that anyone cares what I think or when I'm disappointed ).

-JJ

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

I'm rather disgusted at the cavalier attitude so many take towards rampant bug exploitation. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised, given how many DDO players seem to care much more about "getting more stuff" than actually playing the content.

It's cheating, nothing more, nothing less. Even if Turbine knows about it but takes too long to fix it.
    I'm more concerned about the bugs that prevent my EiN counter incrementing and how I mysteriously neg level myself and those around me without activating any enhancements.

Those are bugs that affect my gameplay.

Someone getting a different reward from a quest than the one they expected doesn't rate as a priority to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I'm more concerned about the bugs that prevent my EiN counter incrementing and how I mysteriously neg level myself and those around me without activating any enhancements.

Those are bugs that affect my gameplay.

Someone getting a different reward from a quest than the one they expected doesn't rate as a priority to me.
    Whether it affects you personally or not is important only to you.

And it can affect even people who don't abuse this bug. At least according to my understanding, people are getting unbound, high-value items by farming this quest to get unearned rewards. That will result in a dramatic increase of supply of those items, lowering their value. If the items are bound, it will still result in people having items they didn't earn by running the actual quests they are supposed to come from, reducing activity in those quests.

Then there's the small matter of it being cheating. I guess some people just don't care about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    The existence of problems in the game doesn't justify bug abuse. You're using kindergarten-level reasoning here.

It's the same with the beguile thing. I ran with a group last night that had 4 toons with 1 level of druid each. They were so excited about how they beguiled the red name at the end. I mean, it would have taken another 5 seconds to kill it without the exploit. It's not like we would have wiped without it or something.

Some people revel in getting something for nothing or something that is being withheld from them. Even if it's not that big of a deal. It's a personality trait. They get so incredibly excited about this kind of stuff, even if the reward itself has little or no real value. It's awesome *because* it was free or easy, not because the item was needed or particularly good.

I remember back in the 70s when we had the gas price spikes. Suddenly it cost $10 to fill up a tank. A local radio station had a contest where they gave away free gas at some station between 11 and 4 on a Saturday. The lines were around the block. I remember thinking, "what kind of idiot would waste a beautiful Saturday so they could save $10"? But for some people, getting something for free is the important thing.

Mr Spock would be reeling by the illogical behaviour of it all.
    Last edited by AzB; 08-29-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Ingame bug reporting has been down for months. For so many months that I can't remember the last time that I tried it.

You're directed to use http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ics/suppo...=classic&deptI instead. Add it to your favourites. It works just fine.
    I'm sorry Deadlock but have to disagree with you here. By posting that link it's like you are saying it's acceptable that the ingame bug reporting tool is ok to be broke. When enough "bugs" don't get reported this alternate way maybe an actual solution will come into finally getting the actual ingame one fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    Very much this.

-JJ
    I farmed it before the reward list was broke for seals/scrolls, and I'll continue to do it long after I get enough GH items to my hearts content, since it's just the after effect of farming for seals/scrolls. I'm not going to simply stop running it simply because the end reward benefits me now to.
    Last edited by debo; 08-29-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    Some people revel in getting something for nothing or something that is being withheld from them. Even if it's not that big of a deal. It's a personality trait. They get so incredibly excited about this kind of stuff, even if the reward itself has little or no real value. It's awesome *because* it was free or easy, not because the item was needed or particularly good.
    Yep. And not only do they revel in their "something for nothing", they feel oh-so-proud that they know about this big secret that others don't.

And of course, some are just plain lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    At any rate, the servers are down for a hotfix, so I'm sure all those toons with 1 level of druid I saw running GH walkups last time beguiling everything and the crowds outside Tharask Arena are going to be disappointed in a few hours.
    I certainly hope so.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Whether it affects you personally or not is important only to you.
    If the various bugs were only affecting me then I doubt Turbine would make any effort to fix them.

I'm sorry that you are not inconvenienced in any way by the myriad of bugs that I assume are currently being work on.

I'm also sorry that you personally don't understand the important detrimental effect that these bugs have on the general health of the game especially to new players.

Community Member

At least according to my understanding, people are getting unbound, high-value items by farming this quest to get unearned rewards. That will result in a dramatic increase of supply of those items, lowering their value.
    With Minimum Level 15 +8 <Stat> gear now available and top stats on gear being +11 Enhancement Bonus/+5 Insightful Bonus, what leads you to believe these items have much value to lower?

Community Member

Then there's the small matter of it being cheating. I guess some people just don't care about that.
    The way other people play the game is of absolutely no consequence to me. I seriously couldn't care less and like others, I am bewildered as to why people are making such a big deal out of this. They are just the basic rewards from the GH chain. They aren't scaled for difficulty and those items are incredibly easy to get. The GH quests are still a spectacular source of XP so it should have zero impact on the number of people running those quests. People crying about the impact it has on the economy of the game are just silly. These items are a drop in the bucket of the economy. There may be a very brief impact on the value of those items, but once the bug is fixed it will correct itself in very short order.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I'm sorry Deadlock but have to disagree with you here. By posting that link it's like you are saying it's acceptable that the ingame bug reporting tool is ok to be broke. When enough "bugs" don't get reported this alternate way maybe an actual solution will come into finally getting the actual ingame one fixed.
    It's far from acceptable.

But for now it's all we have. By posting that link, I'm hoping people who don't know it's there can fill in bug reports.

If you're serious about bug reporting then you fill the details in once with whatever you like, then after submitting the bug report, just hit the back button on your browser and it's sitting there pre-filled for you to enter the next one. After that first report, it's no more or less inconvenient than the ingame one.

A boycott of external bug reporting won't apply the slightest bit of pressure on Turbine to fix their ingame bug reporting solution. You're not seriously suggesting it will are you?

Community Member

If the various bugs were only affecting me then I doubt Turbine would make any effort to fix them.

I'm sorry that you are not inconvenienced in any way by the myriad of bugs that I assume are currently being work on.

I'm also sorry that you personally don't understand the important detrimental effect that these bugs have on the general health of the game especially to new players.
    You've got enough red herrings here to feed the Swedish army.

I never said anything about being happy about bugs that inconvenience players. I said that they are not a justification for bug exploitation.

What you are doing is like when one of my kids is caught doing something wrong and tries to justify it based on some grievance of his that is at best tangentially relevant.

You're making excuses for cheating, period.

And the implication, yet again, that Turbine only fixes problems that benefit players is complete nonsense.

What about ladder bug being here since the beginning of the game?
    All other bugs that benefited players were fixed and will be fixed, but some bugs that dont benefit us will never be fixed.
    So ladder bug is also cheating?
    Last edited by Ivan_Milic; 08-29-2013 at 10:41 AM.

They have to, but it does not make more sense, neither the source, which said it wasn't the highest priority for a hotfix... well idc, but Fight Club has/had far superior members than Tharashk Arena .

- edit -
    max. 1 hour till closed, if not, I owe you a virtual cookie
    Ure off your rocker. If you have been watching the LFM's you'd see that a majority of the servers picked up on this pretty quickly. I saw at one point last night 3 LFMs at the same time all running von1 "fast normal runs for loot".

No way in hades that this has unknown to DDO all week.

But I should point out..its epic normal loot. I mean...who really has a strong desire to have it? IMO the best thing about it is getting the relics

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    All other bugs that benefited players were fixed and will be fixed, but some bugs that dont benefit us will never be fixed.
    What some of you call "bugs that benefit players" are grossly unbalancing exploits. They have a much more major impact on the game than occasionally getting stuck on a ladder, as annoying as that is.

There are bugs that "benefit players" that persist for weeks or even months. I know of one personally that's been around for a long time and still has not been corrected. (No, it's not this, and not Beguile, and I'm not saying what it is.)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast