Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Default slashing weapons with stun?

Really!

This is a bludgeon only thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zDragonz View Post
    Really!

Not on my fighter, she's been using a stun Khopesh for about a year, been retired recently in favour of a ring....does a ring offend less than a sword?
    "IM-PLO-SION: For when you just HAVE to kill every M**********R in the room"-
    (Samuel L Jackson)

"Some are insane, and the're in charge"
    (GoF)

Sarlona: Mercilless, Maliciouss, Relenttless. Plus others.....

Community Member

They took all the weapon-type restrictions off affixes, it seems....Stun, Banishing, etc. all seem to drop on all types now.

I'm guessing it was changed in the EP since Enhancements give certain classes/races very specific weapon specializations. Qstaff for TA/Henshin, Daggers/Kukris for Assassins, etc. It wouldn't really be fair if they were pushing you towards specializing in a weapon type, then prevented you from being able to benefit from +stun or +trip etc. because of that specialization. Thief Acrobats couldn't have Banishing weapons, for instance, because they only can use Q-staves with their special attacks and Banishing was slash/pierce only. Or you couldn't build a Tempest/Fighter TWF that used Stun, because they specialize in Scimitars.

Cool

Really!

Must be magic!

It seems like they took the weapon-type restrictions off prefixes, too. I have a vorpal light hammer to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    They took all the weapon-type restrictions off affixes, it seems....Stun, Banishing, etc. all seem to drop on all types now.

I'm guessing it was changed in the EP since Enhancements give certain classes/races very specific weapon specializations. Qstaff for TA/Henshin, Daggers/Kukris for Assassins, etc. It wouldn't really be fair if they were pushing you towards specializing in a weapon type, then prevented you from being able to benefit from +stun or +trip etc. because of that specialization. Thief Acrobats couldn't have Banishing weapons, for instance, because they only can use Q-staves with their special attacks and Banishing was slash/pierce only. Or you couldn't build a Tempest/Fighter TWF that used Stun, because they specialize in Scimitars.
    Really? Banishing was slash/pierce only? Then, can you explain all those Banishing of Disruption quarterstaves I have seen in game?

I thought banishing *use* to be only on blunt and piercing weapons not slashing? I have a banishing maul from way back for my 2hf user and a banishing rapier for my elf ranger when I first started playing. Never saw any slashing banishers back then.

Yeah OP i remember making myself a alchemical khopesh from house C with stunning as one of its abilities and LOB has been out how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Really? Banishing was slash/pierce only? Then, can you explain all those Banishing of Disruption quarterstaves I have seen in game?
    Yes, banishing used to be pierce/blunt only... not slash.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Really!

Like Vorpal is only slashing, and wounding/puncturing is only piercing....

Unfortunately old Dnd rules no longer apply... DDO is trying to migrate to the WOW wannabe realm...

The Destroyer of Loot dev has revamped everything to fit some basic standardizing system that no longer adheres to traditional common sense.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    ... some basic standardizing system that no longer adheres to traditional common sense.
    Must be magic!

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

I like the randomization on gear, but it should still have some restrictions. This is just another example of moving away from D&D and making DDO into another fantasy game with a hint of D&D.

Well.
    To play the devils advocate, if someone hit me in the head with a sharp piece of metal, I'd be pretty stunned.
    Some of these swords are pretty darn heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Yes, banishing used to be pierce/blunt only... not slash.
    Your reading comprehension must have failed you. The poster to whom I replied stated banishing was pierce/slash only and stated that one could not find quarterstaves with banishing on them. I refuted that, which leaves your post meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Your reading comprehension must have failed you. The poster to whom I replied stated banishing was pierce/slash only and stated that one could not find quarterstaves with banishing on them. I refuted that, which leaves your post meaningless.
    I was confirming your assertion.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I was confirming your assertion.
    Then I apologize because it seems my reading comprehension failed me!

Community Member

My new Vorpal Heavy Repeater laughs at your silly weapon restrictions!

Vorpal great club. Its like T-ball...
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Yeah, it was very sad that Druids had to switch to knives and darts,or weapons with no proficiencies, to use banishers.

Now, if we could only get a GS Dart added.

Community Member

Really!

I have a vorpal club too.

DDO stopped caring about that stuff a long time ago

thats old news. You don't even use stun 10 on a weapon now. You toss that on a ring or a chest piece or something, free up the weapon for max dmg, or a stat dropper to help stun more.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.