Community Member

Default Are many fighting casters getting messed over due to the new skill system?

With Heal and Spellcraft boosting damage(possibly making them required) and classes like Cleric, Favored Soul, and Paladin still having really low skill points(2+Int) are they getting messed over because of their dual natures?

Community Member

Not really. There are not many casters that cannot be played very well with only 1 or 2 skill points per level even with the current system. Most skills are simply not needed. Jump and balance are nice, but you really can play without them.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

I'd say no, because no one plays pure casters anymore.
    Plus

13 int - +3 Int tome = More than enough to get everything you need.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by Sorwen View Post
    With Heal and Spellcraft boosting damage(possibly making them required) and classes like Cleric, Favored Soul, and Paladin still having really low skill points(2+Int) are they getting messed over because of their dual natures?
    First lifers (28 pt.) get hosed (especially if cleric).
    First lifers (32 pt.) get annoyed but usually have access to +2 tomes (dependent on server).

34 pt.+ should not be affected by it as they should be planning ahead.

Honestly the Enhancement pass was a huge monkey wrench thrown at the players. I really feel this was a personal attack against the players after abusing ED's/upper end game content. Players will adapt though But if I was a new player again, I would never drop $200 on this game. And that is only a "drop in the bucket" compared to what some people drop on this game (or any game). I would make my 28 pt. Ranger, get to about level 5, and quit over all the in-game money grabbing. I constantly delete apps off my phone and tablet for this very reason. But unlike a new player, I'm hooked I just wont be spending money anytime soon on the "newest" content (Still don't own Highroads or Conspiracy). Although I may breakdown on Conspiracy for the Char slots

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I do.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sorwen View Post
    Heal and Spellcraft are 23 spellpower, that's all. They're hardly required.

Your Int/Wis will give you free points. You can get +15 on each from gear, which stacks with actual typed Spellpower gear. And you can stack Universal from gear/enhancements on top of typed. The 23 spellpower difference between a fully-invested caster and a fully dumped character is negligible.

Conc and Balance are still the two most important skills (for non-trappers, of course). I'd still put Spot above Spellpower/Heal for ranged characters, and at least 10 points in Jump for everyone.

The only complaint might be that Clerics have enhancements that are directly tied to their Heal skill, not their spellpower, and they're one of the most skillpoint-hungry classes.

Community Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Plus
    lolwut. Dunno where you get that from, but the guild I'm in almost every single faster is pure and very capable EE players.