Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    divine might is powered by spell points now..at least the cleric and FvS versions are...I haven't checked the paladin version yet.
    The paladin version uses turn undead, confirmed.

Of note is that paladins don't get spell points until level 4 either, same as turns. Granted it's much easier to find spell points than turns, but that just struck me as kind of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Looks like you going with pyjamas, spend two feats for earth 3 for some con and another crit multi on 19-20 ?
    Magical training for blue bar and echoes perhaps.
    Also kensei-ed Balizarde crits on 13 ( so would drow khop ) .
    I tried this on my free LR. Spent the 2 feats for Master of Forms, can go back and forth between tier 3 Earth and Air stances, plus Fist of Iron working on a khopesh is pretty awesome on top of all the other crit mulipliers and range extenders.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    I tried this on my free LR. Spent the 2 feats for Master of Forms, can go back and forth between tier 3 Earth and Air stances, plus Fist of Iron working on a khopesh is pretty awesome on top of all the other crit mulipliers and range extenders.
    Awesome. My guy is still only 16 paly, so I will have to wait some to TR again (will probably TR around 22 after trying out my build on epics for a bit).

I did shake some rust of my very very dusty monk and re-did enhancements on her. Interestingly, I didn't LR to get the form feats and yet she still had all the stances on her bar (are they auto-grant for monk rather than bonus?). She's actually substantially better than I remember from before the re-vamp, even with ghetto first life gear. And I love Fists of Iron, so I'm excited that it'll work with khopesh (though I don't know if I have pts for it!).

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    Interestingly, I didn't LR to get the form feats and yet she still had all the stances on her bar (are they auto-grant for monk rather than bonus?). She's actually substantially better than I remember from before the re-vamp, even with ghetto first life gear. And I love Fists of Iron, so I'm excited that it'll work with khopesh (though I don't know if I have pts for it!).
    The forms auto-upgrade with monk levels. Make points available for Fists of Iron, it is an earth strike which lines you up for an earth finisher....which is even more crit enhancing goodness.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    The forms auto-upgrade with monk levels. Make points available for Fists of Iron, it is an earth strike which lines you up for an earth finisher....which is even more crit enhancing goodness.
    I wish any of this information was available on the wiki. Right now I'm shooting in the dark here and finding out information as I stumble into it! (thanks to good forum folk like you, thanks Crann!)

I am sure they will bring the Wiki up to date soon, there has been a massive amount of infomation to update.

Something I have been contemplating and think may be worthwhile is to pick up the Precision feat. With the large increase in the critical hit range it may be worthwhile to switch to Precision from Power attack when fighting mobs above 25% fortification.

Another thing you may wish to consider is the Deft Strikes Shintao tier one enhancement. 3 pts in it give you 10% off hand strikes with your centered weapons. I believe it stacks with Tempest to get you 100% off hand strikes. It will get you some points in the Shintao tree that you need to reach Fist of Iron also.

As I was testing this build, I found myself attacking in a Fist of Iron, Strike of the enduring 3, then 2, then Earth finisher rotation . I like the synergy with the earth strikes adding to the base damage and being tripled on critical hits. I am going to do some testing with Air Stance 3 also for the additional doublestrike....wondering if that or the exented crit range from Earth stance 3 will yield more dps. It certainly would minus Precision on 100% fort enemies.

Nice to know =) ... Anyone know anything about the Empathic Healing from DWS? Could always make room for it somehow for some healing also.
    Regarding the following:
    AA (7):
    1 - arcane archer
    2 - conjure arrows
    2 - elemental arrows
    2 - morphic arrows

DWS (6)
    1 - far shot
    1 - sneak attack
    3 - stealthy

Swapping 4AP from Elemental Arrows & Morphic Arrows for Energy of the Wild x3 will give you Magical Training & Echos of Power with 1ap left over.

Swapping Stealthy's 3ap & taking the extra 1ap will get you Increased Empathyx3 + Versatile Empathyx1 for 60 Positive Spell Power (& 1 more AP will get that to 75 Positive spell power).

Basically trading 1 sneak attack die & a little on bows but may be worth if for the extra healing/survivability. Packaged with Cocoon as teh_troll alludes to above may work in epics...
    Last edited by Nodoze; 09-03-2013 at 07:04 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    Regarding the following:
    AA (7):
    1 - arcane archer
    2 - conjure arrows
    2 - elemental arrows
    2 - morphic arrows

DWS (6)
    1 - far shot
    1 - sneak attack
    3 - stealthy

Swapping 4AP from Elemental Arrows & Morphic Arrows for Energy of the Wild x3 will give you Magical Training & Echos of Power with 1ap left over.

Swapping Stealthy's 3ap & taking the extra 1ap will get you Increased Empathyx3 + Versatile Empathyx1 for 60 Positive Spell Power (& 1 more AP will get that to 75 Positive spell power).

Basically trading 1 sneak attack die & a little on bows but may be worth if for the extra healing/survivability. Packaged with Cocoon as teh_troll alludes to above may work in epics...
    Yeah, it's something I have to consider. I really liked how effective my bow use was last life, and really wish I'd had the extra couple of feats to make it even better. Morphic in particular is useful since you still have meaningful fights against undead in epics (FoT specifically), so I hate to lose that. Losing Stealthy for empathy is a no-brainer at this point. Magical training is not a priority frankly since I'll have spell point items and torc+con-ops and don't anticipate needing much mana as I'll only be using it for cocoon. So now the question is what trade-offs are worthwhile? Is it worth losing elemental arrows for +30 positive spell power? Is it worth losing 7 critically useful AP worth of stuff to make room for fists of iron, and if so what to lose?

Community Member

Yeah, it's something I have to consider. I really liked how effective my bow use was last life, and really wish I'd had the extra couple of feats to make it even better. Morphic in particular is useful since you still have meaningful fights against undead in epics (FoT specifically), so I hate to lose that. Losing Stealthy for empathy is a no-brainer at this point. Magical training is not a priority frankly since I'll have spell point items and torc+con-ops and don't anticipate needing much mana as I'll only be using it for cocoon. So now the question is what trade-offs are worthwhile? Is it worth losing elemental arrows for +30 positive spell power? Is it worth losing 7 critically useful AP worth of stuff to make room for fists of iron, and if so what to lose?
    Edited to clean up enhancements which were missing pre-reqs and had some incorrect costs, also previous edit updated feats to include the stances and I changes some enhancements to get the spell power line from DeS. Would still like to fit in Fists of Iron, just can't find anything I want to cut out for it. The AA stuff is an option, but I'm not certain that going 100% maximizing melee DPS at the cost of some very nice ranged DPS that I will use a lot is the right answer. Also, the changes took me down to 90% offhand since I don't have 12 ranger to qualify for the other 10%. That 10% was costing me 2 AP, and to get the same from monk will cost me 6, which again I'd like to do but have no idea what to cut for it that would be worth the sacrifice.

*edit - and I'm not sure the monk 10% stacks with ranger 10%*
    Last edited by Inoukchuk; 09-11-2013 at 01:12 PM.

*edit - and I'm not sure the monk 10% stacks with ranger 10%*
    It does, I tested it a couple days ago on one of my many respecs.

The only thing I can see not working is the Earth, Earth, Earth finisher. It does not appear to be giving the advertised additional x2 multiplier on a 19-20 roll. It appears to only be adding 1. I ended up ditching the AA stuff at the moment, but I am only level 18 so far and AP are tight. I have been testing back and forth....it feels like a better AP investment to me at this time to have the extra 10% off hand and Fists of Iron fpr 9 AP in Shintao versus the points spent on free arrows, an imbue, and morphic arrows.

I am also going 8/6/6 to get the 25% incorporability. Haven't used my LR+20 yet, so playing with a few ideas in the heroic levels, and will test some stuff out in epics. I am currently using Zen Archery, it is very nice not getting kicked out of stance while popping off Manyshots and the extra crit multiplier from Earth stance is very cool....200 points an arrow so I am hardly missing the 1-6 acid imbue

I have read reports that the Ninja training is broken in that it applies dex to bow damage even if it is lower than strength. I will have to determine what is more valuable in Epics, 25 % incorp, or manyshotting and adjust accordingly. I don't have a great deal of Epic experience, as I have been playing up several characters through many TRs, so you will have a better idea than I do as to what would be more valuable to the build.

Community Member

So, after some reflection I will need to make this build human for best effect (since I lack +5 tomes for dex and wis).

Revisions:
    Problem - Existing build layout does not qualify for IPS without a +5 tome, doesn't have OTWF, and doesn't have Zen Archery (not centered with bow) which I also can't qualify for without +5 tome. IWF doesn't exist
    Solution - consider dropping STR to 16 to raise dex and wis
    Alternate solution - Also consider human, leave STR at 18 (same as having 16 on HORC), leave int at 8 (same as 10 on horc, saves 4 pts), raise dex to 15 and wis to 10, use spared feat from IWF on ZA, human feat on OTWF. Overall the build loses 3 str (or 1 if you have to start at 16) and the AA tree to get better human enhancements (boost surge +3str and heal amp)

Enhancements become very difficult to sort again. With 22 spent in Tempest, 33 in Kensei, and 8 so far in human that leaves 17. I had allocated 6 to DeS for the healing power, but apparently that is getting nerfed so I don't know if it's still worth it on a character that won't have much in the core and won't have heals outside of cocoon and scrolls. So, I have options on how to spend the remaining 11 (or possibly 17):
    Ninja Spy (11):
    1 - ninja training
    2 - sneak attack training
    3 - acrobatic
    2 - fists of iron
    3 - agility

OR

Shintao (11):
    1 - bastion of purity
    6 - deft strikes
    2 - fists of iron
    2 - reed in the wind

OR

Human (11 more):
    (1 - vers I, 2 - str, 3 - action surge, 2 - imp recovery I) +
    1 - vers II
    2 - grt adapt (dex)
    2 - heroism
    4 - imp recovery II and III
    2 - GH

If I dump DeS I could do:
    Ninja Spy (8):
    1 - ninja training
    1 - stealthy (filler)
    3 - acrobatic
    3 - agility
    Shintao (9):
    1 - bastion of purity
    6 - deft strikes
    2 - fists of iron

Any insight would be appreciated =)

Community Member

I have finally started this build as of yesterday. I have updated the OP to the build I finally settled on. Still trying to work out the final 11 AP... too many good uses for it, and may reconsider stunning blow at later levels.

I have finally started this build as of yesterday. I have updated the OP to the build I finally settled on. Still trying to work out the final 11 AP... too many good uses for it, and may reconsider stunning blow at later levels.
    how has the build ended up? this is almost exactly what I was thinking.
    proud member of the Blackmoor defenders
    Noritine, Kehele, Rageina, Nelkrin.
    Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noritine View Post
    how has the build ended up? this is almost exactly what I was thinking.
    I've been running it with a friend TR'ing up a druid life. So far we just hit level 16. Damage output is very good, saves are decent (were much better last life when I was paladin), ranged damage is also very good. I only just now got to the point where I'm centered and have keen edge, and we absolutely destroyed Cabal on our first run at this level. He lacks self healing, so solo play is a bit more challenging until epics when I get cocoon, but I have soloed at least 1 quest at level every level (except the latest) on elite and done just fine without a hireling using just flask (level 11) and the occasional potion (no SF pots either).

I've been running it with a friend TR'ing up a druid life. So far we just hit level 16. Damage output is very good, saves are decent (were much better last life when I was paladin), ranged damage is also very good. I only just now got to the point where I'm centered and have keen edge, and we absolutely destroyed Cabal on our first run at this level. He lacks self healing, so solo play is a bit more challenging until epics when I get cocoon, but I have soloed at least 1 quest at level every level (except the latest) on elite and done just fine without a hireling using just flask (level 11) and the occasional potion (no SF pots either).
    I will be Tr'ing tonight into this build. only difference is ill be dwarf. if for.nothing more then because I can.
    Ghallanda

This was my exact build before I TR'ed last on my main. At first it was Human Fighter 12/Ranger 6/ Rouge 2 but after the enhancement pass I decided Monk 2 was far superior to rouge 2. I was able to get a situational doublestrike above 50% on a dual Khopesh wielder. Pretty insane DPS but I did miss the UMD from the Rouge levels. Shines best with a dedicated healer behind it.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

Proud resident of Sarlona. Player of "Gilgimesh the Steel Demon".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golddragon87 View Post
    This was my exact build before I TR'ed last on my main. At first it was Human Fighter 12/Ranger 6/ Rouge 2 but after the enhancement pass I decided Monk 2 was far superior to rouge 2. I was able to get a situational doublestrike above 50% on a dual Khopesh wielder. Pretty insane DPS but I did miss the UMD from the Rouge levels. Shines best with a dedicated healer behind it.
    Nice =)

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. I chose the least self sufficient version at the request of my friend that I TR'd with, who was playing a druid and so had all that covered (except that he's only second life, so I had to solo about 1 million xp). The build does well and I look forward to running him on epics to test him out.

Next life will probably be Mr Sticky Buddy, though it's possible I'll go for a Cetus variation (probably 12F/6P/2M for better healing) just to finally get a chance to use Cleaver and flex some muscles with power surge and DM on the same build.

now sitting at level 25. this build is everything and a bag of chips
    sitting at almost 1000hp buffed with gear thats all outta wack.
    ive been using a pinion and a serileth ( or however you spell it)
    still waiting on my dwarven axes from gianthold. ( damn you loot gods)
    Ghallanda

I ended up starting into the Epic leveles at 8 Fiighter/6 Ranger/6 Monk. I was a helf elf with cleric Dilly, so had pretty good self heals along with Coccoon, and the dps fealt really good. I think this would be a great EH build.

All that said, I TR'd into a Bladeforged that will be 12 fighter, 6 monk, 2 Pally. DPS feels weaker, but the Reconstruct SLA and the Pally boost to saves seems worth trading a little dps for a great deal of survivability.

One of the more attractive parts for me was not having to spend feats/build points to facilitate a TWF build. The AP were horribly tight also. It took alot for me to do this, as I have always built my melees TWF....but happy so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12