Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Default Look, I get it...

Turbine, I get that you just had a major update/expansion hit. I understand there are bound to be plenty of bugs. And I understand that you're working your hardest to get things fixed, and working in it's ordinary, moderately buggy way. Now, that being said allow me to be slightly upset about the fact that your game clearly doesn't want me to be able to log in and play.

After playing a couple hours before work today, I was looking forward to logging in when I got home and trying to reach level 9 on my TR. After the first couple of tries to log in and the launcher not working correctly/going unresponsive I figured it was going to just be one of those nights.

8 unresponsive launcher's later I finally get logged in for the first time, things load smoothly and I get into game, where I can't move. Can't do use chat. Can't send tells. /sigh I log off and try again.

Attempt #2: Again, I log in, loads fast enough, get in game, and can't move. Same as before.

Attempt #3: Same story, except now I can use chat! or, long enough for my TR partner to tell me I don't show up in their friends list when I log on. Then I get this:

[Error]: Your connection to the chat server has been lost.
    [Error]: Your connection to the chat server has be reestablished.

And this repeated constantly for about 15 minutes. All the while I couldn't move, couldn't interact with anything, obviously couldn't use chat... And I was never kicked from the server, and I never went red.

Attempt #4 got the same results as attempt #3.

/rant off

Look, Turbine. I get things are hectic right now, but seriously. Get your sh!t together.

**EDIT:

Also, why the hell do I have to download the same "FR Loading screens", DE Splash screens" etc. every damn time I try to log in?
    Last edited by TheLegendOfAra; 08-29-2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: I'm still ****ed off.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Thumbs up

I had similar problems a few time I found that sometimes switching to DirectX 9 and dumbing down the graphics helped with the frozen character stuff and the chat problems. I am not with Turbine but they do make me mad too when things bug like that. And If you tried all that and didn't help sorry; I am stumped at that point, maybe a complete computer reboot and virus scans but chances are its not your computer is just Turbine Bug Creators working overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    **EDIT:

Also, why the hell do I have to download the same "FR Loading screens", DE Splash screens" etc. every damn time I try to log in?
    I can help you with that one. I had the same problem of downloading 30 useless splash screens every single time I booted the game. Here's how to fix it:

1) Find your DDO folder, wherever it may be installed.
    2) Go into the subfolders "/raw/en/logo"
    2b) (Optional) Replace the splash screens by your own custom ones if you want, in case you're sick of seeing years-old adventure packs advertised.
    3) Select all the images, right-click, go into "Properties", and set them to "read-only".

The launcher will pop a small error message after trying to download the first screen then skip the whole process right to the launcher updates. That's at least 30 seconds saved each launch for me and I get some cool concept arts instead of ugly ads.

(Note: if you want to keep your EN splash screens up-to-date but skip the other languages, set the images to read-only in the FR and DE folders instead)

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    I can help you with that one. I had the same problem of downloading 30 useless splash screens every single time I booted the game. Here's how to fix it:

2b) (Optional) Replace the splash screens by your own custom ones if you want, in case you're sick of seeing years-old adventure packs advertised.
    3) Select all the images, right-click, go into "Properties", and set them to "read-only".

The launcher will pop a small error message after trying to download the first screen then skip the whole process right to the launcher updates. That's at least 30 seconds saved each launch for me and I get some cool concept arts instead of ugly ads.

(Note: if you want to keep your EN splash screens up-to-date but skip the other languages, set the images to read-only in the FR and DE folders instead)
    Thank you for this so much!
    I've got some really good Concept art stored away on a flash drive somewhere that will suite this perfectly.
    And anything that saves me time loading in in awesome.

I'd still like to know why they have to be downloaded again, and again, and again... Lol
    Seems ridiculous to me.

You might also want to usethe DDO preloader

The forums are very slow atm but I believe this is the link to the thread:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...load-official?

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    You might also want to usethe DDO preloader

The forums are very slow atm but I believe this is the link to the thread:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...load-official?
    Thanks, but I'm already using it. =/

This is something different the the usual crash on first load in.
    It only started happening tonight, and I don't crash when I load up, and I just can't move, interact with anything, and chat doesn't work, and is in a constant loop of DC, reconnect, DC reconnect...

Thanks, but I'm already using it. =/

This is something different the the usual crash on first load in.
    It only started happening tonight, and I don't crash when I load up, and I just can't move, interact with anything, and chat doesn't work, and is in a constant loop of DC, reconnect, DC reconnect...
    Hmm. That's weird. My first gues would be that it's related to your ISP. Tried resetting your internet router?

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    Hmm. That's weird. My first gues would be that it's related to your ISP. Tried resetting your internet router?
    Nope, I was too upset at the time to think of that. lol
    I restarted my computer a number of times but that was as far as I went at the time.
    Although if it happens again when I try to get in tomorrow morning I'll try that and report my findings.

Grab a program called pingplotter and point it at gls.ddo. com, leave it running when you load up ddo. When/if it bins you out have a look at the results from ping plotter and see if there's is a problem with the routing. May help in narrowing things down a little
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Turbine, I get that you just had a major update/expansion hit. I understand there are bound to be plenty of bugs. And I understand that you're working your hardest to get things fixed, and working in it's ordinary, moderately buggy way. Now, that being said allow me to be slightly upset about the fact that your game clearly doesn't want me to be able to log in and play.

After playing a couple hours before work today, I was looking forward to logging in when I got home and trying to reach level 9 on my TR. After the first couple of tries to log in and the launcher not working correctly/going unresponsive I figured it was going to just be one of those nights.

8 unresponsive launcher's later I finally get logged in for the first time, things load smoothly and I get into game, where I can't move. Can't do use chat. Can't send tells. /sigh I log off and try again.

Attempt #2: Again, I log in, loads fast enough, get in game, and can't move. Same as before.

Attempt #3: Same story, except now I can use chat! or, long enough for my TR partner to tell me I don't show up in their friends list when I log on. Then I get this:

And this repeated constantly for about 15 minutes. All the while I couldn't move, couldn't interact with anything, obviously couldn't use chat... And I was never kicked from the server, and I never went red.

/rant off

Look, Turbine. I get things are hectic right now, but seriously. Get your sh!t together.

**EDIT:

I can attest to everything she said. Holy hell Honey, you logged in and out over and over for about an hour straight. You appeared in Guild every time but a lot of the times you weren't logged in otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmanis View Post
    I can attest to everything she said. Holy hell Honey, you logged in and out over and over for about an hour straight. You appeared in Guild every time but a lot of the times you weren't logged in otherwise.
    =/ Pretty much. The buffs were all at around 59 minutes when I logged in the first time.
    I kept trying to get a message in guild, but it seemed like no one else could see anything I was typing.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

I think all this lag and issues... its a conspiracy... a Shadowfail Conspiracy!
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.

Hero

It's my fault. The SS clearly shows that my tell is what made you chat client crash!

Score!

(and how in the world can you read tells that are so dark? Oh, I see now....you can't!)

Had this happen on Thelanis last night. Then we were booted from the game, logged back in. amd instead of being in the quest we were playing through, we were all in Eveningstar. It was like the game just stopped and no ones characters could move.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post

Awesome....thanks a lot! +1

=/ Pretty much. The buffs were all at around 59 minutes when I logged in the first time.
    I kept trying to get a message in guild, but it seemed like no one else could see anything I was typing.
    We couldn't, trust me. I had no idea you were typing. I think one thing managed to come through but that was it, and you disconnected a second later.

/rant off

Ummm…this may not be an issue with either the server or your client.

The chat server is a third-party product (from what I remember), and it is pretty stable. I personally have had a couple of issues with it in the past, but that’s rare.

What this tells me is that somewhere along the chain of communications – from your PC’s Ethernet / Wireless connection to Turbine’s Ethernet connection – there is something flakey. Between these two points there are several routers, where disconnections can occur.

If it is happening on both the chat and the game server, its generally communications. That is usually out of Turbine’s hands to fix (outside of getting on the phone and screaming at their network provider). During a lag or disconnection event, the game will not just end, but continue on while code in the background continues to reestablish communications. Hence, what you saw in the chat server. Only when some internal time-out occurs will the game generally shut down. This is a pretty common strategy for communications like what we have here.

So you may be chewing out the wrong people here.

yeah ara it could be your internet this time not just turbine. if you're working on a low net speed or some crappy company your complaints might be more with them. i know you have always had lag and dc issues. maybe say what your connection is suppose to be and the company?

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    It's my fault. The SS clearly shows that my tell is what made you chat client crash!
    Score!
    (and how in the world can you read tells that are so dark? Oh, I see now....you can't!)
    Lmao! It's good of your to accept responsibility for your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    yeah ara it could be your internet this time not just turbine. if you're working on a low net speed or some crappy company your complaints might be more with them. i know you have always had lag and dc issues. maybe say what your connection is suppose to be and the company?
    I won't doubt it's possible. I have pretty bad internet. =/
    I was just really annoyed last night. Lol I needed to vent and rage at someone.

I'm going to call and complain to them tonight.
    Try to get this settled.

Thanks again everyone for the advice though, it's much appreciated.

Community Member

that's f'n awesome. think I found my new signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast