Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone else finding the XP from 25-28 to be painful?

It's not that bad with 1 toons, but for 10ish . . ughhhh setting my feet on fire would be more pleasant.

Just thinking the Epic TR benefits need to be insane to even consider doing this again.

Community Member

I'm sure it'll get better as more at-level content is added, too. Also, assuming they keep their word, the forever-level-cap is going to be 30, at which point content will continue to expand outward, not upward, and the current L28 stuff will always be relevant for endgame characters.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I played one of my high level characters a bit, trying to get him from 25 to 28. He's now closing in on 26, but it got so boring due to lack of visible progress that I turned to TRing instead. And I positively loathe TRing...
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I played one of my high level characters a bit, trying to get him from 25 to 28. He's now closing in on 26, but it got so boring due to lack of visible progress that I turned to TRing instead. And I positively loathe TRing...
    I feel the same way (except I'm ok with TRing). Since the leveling is so slow and there is no real sense of progress, I just collect a bit of xp and retreat to my lower level alts. I can not even imagine what 28 and 29 will feel like later. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Really?

I thought getting to 28 was extremely easy actually. I got there without even thinking about it.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Really?

I thought getting to 28 was extremely easy actually. I got there without even thinking about it.
    1 toons sure, multiple ughghhhhhhhh

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I've gotten to 26 just from the whellon quests on hard, re-running the high road (to work on the saga), and whatever explorers/slayers/rares I've picked up along the way. I suspect 27 will come after the stormhorns and the first eveningstar chain. I figure between running all the new quests again and finishing the other two MoTU chains I'll likely hit 28 wihtout too much trouble.

No. I play for fun and enjoy the journey.

If playing this game is painful I would suggest doing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Extispex View Post
    If playing this game is painful I would suggest doing something else.
    Turbine would go out of business if people followed this advice.

I think it's the lack of advancement that makes it seem so sluggish.

I mean, 27-28 is what, 1.25 million? That's the same as a TR2+ from about level 17.5 to 20, and epic XP is much, much easier to come by. But during that million and a bit xp you have the joys of levels to gain and action points to spend, so it goes by more incrementally. 27-28 is just a straight slog (assuming you've capped destinies already) with no advancement, and even big xp quests don't make much of a dent in that purple progress bar at the bottom.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

...... a whole nine days so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'm sure it'll get better as more at-level content is added, too. Also, assuming they keep their word, the forever-level-cap is going to be 30, at which point content will continue to expand outward, not upward, and the current L28 stuff will always be relevant for endgame characters.
    At one point the forever level cap was planned at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    ...... a whole nine days so far.
    Just 10 toons, and you haven't capped 'em all yet? What, is it gonna take you a whole two or three weeks? Quit teh slackin' Troll!
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    It's not that bad with 1 toons, but for 10ish . . ughhhh setting my feet on fire would be more pleasant.

Just thinking the Epic TR benefits need to be insane to even consider doing this again.
    Agree completely. Thought the exact same thing the other day.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

What is it exactly that you're in a hurry to get to?

MMO players are like Hamsters that are in a hurry to get to the other side of the wheel.

It's like screaming down a highway that you know is unfinished, and there's a big barrier at mile marker 28, but you're going to speed all the way there, and then park your car there and wait for mile 29 and 30 to be paved next year.

There's a reason there's no raids, they are only going to put them in at level 30-ish so there's an end game to grind.
    *Disclaimer: All statements are generalized without boging down in minutia. Assuming that there are ALWAYS exceptions that test the rule, variations, and un-stated details may be omitted for brevity. These can be assumed to be understood; without bloating my posts with preemptive coverass. [*] Seal[*] Scroll[*] Shard[*] Base Item - eSoS >200 runs

Community Member

Now try doing it without Shadowfell.

Community Member

I gotta admit, of all my complaints (the map and tele issue mostly), XP is fine.

I am just playing and getting XP. I only have 3 main characters, so I understand that if you got 10, it can be painful, but I am already 25% from 27 and have not really been burning the oil.

Actualy I love the new XP system. No pressure to get up to 28 right away. Just playing. When I hit 28 on char #1, ill start leveling up #2 and then #3.

Add to that, that now you can sprinkle in some von3 and 5, some other quests you like to do and still get nice XP.

The caveat I have is that I have lots of ED XP already. Not sure what people will do whom do NOT have a bunch of capped ED's. One of my chars only has 2 capped - so I am no sure how I will get more ED XP on him for fate points. Otherwise, as far as regular XP is concerned, just play.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Every 2 day 2 times evon3 on every character will raise all of your toons to lvl28 til xmas. At least that is my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    The true secret final forever level cap is ...
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-29-2013 at 02:01 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Gkar View Post
    And they should've sticked with that, since these 8-10 extra levels add nothing interesting.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    MMO players are like Hamsters that are in a hurry to get to the other side of the wheel.
    Rule 1 of the MMO Gaming : Thou Shall Not Play Under Cap.
    Rule 2 of the MMO Gaming : Reaching Cap is not Playing, it's called Levelling.
    Rule 3 of the MMO Gaming : Levelling is just a tedious task that needs to be done to be able to Play.
    Rule 4 of the MMO Gaming : If you are not at Cap you will not get the cookies ( aka getting accepted in raids and quests ).

Corollary of all that: everybody zergs to Cap so that they won't be left out of the Playing bit of the game....

Now it's interesting to see how biased the above is compared to the origin of RPGs : PnP.

in PnP there is no real Cap, so the actual levelling process is the Playing part.
    in PnP there is no real problem if there's differences in level, because it doesn't matter that much, see the line just above...

So basically MMOs have reduced the whole RPG concept to one single level : Level Cap.
    That's where DDO had a genius idea : TR. It cater to all those PnP Fans ( as the Levelling is the Playing ) and it gives incentive to the MMO players to do it again and again ( more power with each TR that can help when you are at Cap and start actually Playing ) .
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast