Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default well,

Our forgotten realms still has the spell plague going on.

For the up to date on the forgotten realms regarding R.A. Salvatores characters you might want to read his newest book "The Companions".

It a fun read, and Drittz is barely in it.

This book introduces a new world event called 'the sundering'

I would like to see Salvatores characters giving quests in ddo. Also the new book has new locations closer to Cormyr. I don't understand the hate for the Forgotten Realms or Salvatores characters.

To those that read the book, you think Salvatore visited the true rez tree in house P?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    ...and not simply thrown in the way Elminster is; "Oh hi, I exist. Just thought YE should know, also I'm gonna take the credit for kicking lady Lolths butt."
    ftfy

I wouldn't say there is hate against FR, but I think it is true that most people who have been playing for years now would like to see their main thing not being shoved to the backroom.
    but then again from a marketing perspective they hope(d) that going FR would bring a lot more new players.
    In overall I would say that more people would still like to see Eberron expanded more, but don't see Wizards of the Coast approving this. But if that is the case then at least they need to give you FR in such a way it is fully worked out so you can also start there from level 1(at least in my personal view)

Still closing off with more Eberron content please no matter how much I like FR more in other media.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Hey guys can we lay of the fighting and bashing of various settings I'd prefer my thread not get locked.

Anyways the devs have decided to focus on FR so I'm hoping they can at least include at least one of the few things I did like from it (namely the harpells, jaraxle and regis).

Now general question to all posters...why are we assuming FR is like 500 years in the future? did I miss something...DDO is still 3.5 so it should be at 3.5 timeline wise, no? If not I'm sure the Harpells could manage to live fairly long. (and knowing Regis I wouldn't put it past him touching something that would transport him to another point in time, namely this one)

Oh and Warforged are NOT droids...they are living WOOD creatures who wear armor just like the rest of the races. Their more akin to Treants.

Oh and someone mentioned Viconia which I do agree as a well-known priestess of Shar (or in my modded game a Sorceross that worshipped Amauntor :P) she would fit quite well but IIRC she's not actually a canon character and probably owned by Obsidian or Bioware.
    The story arc states that this is after the spell plague. I believe a DEV stated it was like 200+ years after that.

During the spell plague Catti-brie was infected causing her to have episodes of random highly powerful bursts of magic. During one of those episodes Regis was killed and she followed afterwards. So Regis died during the spell plague.

I am sure Pikel would call them funny doodas (druids).

I think if Turbine is aloud to use any of Salvator's books it would be the Cleric Quintet since this has nothing to do the NW or BG regions.

I would not mind seeing the Bouldershoulder Brothers running around (and helping us, unlike Eliminster who steps in at the end).
    Schadel TR FVS | Whathitme 2TR human stalwart tank |Whatwas TR Barbarian/Fighter--FuryoftheWild | Kpavio Monk/fighter| Whatsnyp Artificer | Skullzz all purpose Druid| Whatcast elf AM| Nobuffforu Acrobat Warchanter

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Well considering we were able to legitimize crossing campaign settings I'm sure the devs cool conjure up a cool reason why Regis is here...hell shove (or drag) us back in time somehow...most likely the Harpells faults.

Speaking of crossing campaigns BTW why don't WF and Artificers scare the hell out of people in FR? Runnnnn!!!! Science!!!! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Honestly, while I like the traditional setting of Eveningstar, and dislike Ebberon, I still think Grayhawk was better than all of them. Vecna, Iuz, and that whole pantheon has a gritty feel to it.

And no Ebberon for the foreseeable future? Seeing that VIP is almost entirely linked to Ebberon, that means my VIP is pretty much pointless. I’m half out the door with this latest “expansion.” That might be the point where I just leave.

I hope they enjoyed my money while it lasted…

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Honestly, while I like the traditional setting of Eveningstar, and dislike Ebberon, I still think Grayhawk was better than all of them. Vecna, Iuz, and that whole pantheon has a gritty feel to it.
    Vecna is a pretty cool god..never really tried greyhawk though...thats kinda like a nightmare realm right?

Not a fan of "gritty" to be honest, I prefer fun, interesting and unique...gritty usually kills off cool comic book series' :P

My Fav settings are Ebberon and Dark Sun but I do like to poach gods, monsters and races from other settings when DMing.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    And no Ebberon for the foreseeable future? Seeing that VIP is almost entirely linked to Ebberon, that means my VIP is pretty much pointless. I’m half out the door with this latest “expansion.” That might be the point where I just leave.
    Well I'm premium (Monthly subs ONLY is such an archaic system but I can see the merit in offering it as an option) so I didn't think of it that way but I can empathize.
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Vecna is a pretty cool god..never really tried greyhawk though...thats kinda like a nightmare realm right?

Not a fan of "gritty" to be honest, I prefer fun, interesting and unique...gritty usually kills off cool comic book series' :P

My Fav settings are Ebberon and Dark Sun but I do like to poach gods, monsters and races from other settings when DMing.

Well I'm premium (Monthly subs ONLY is such an archaic system but I can see the merit in offering it as an option) so I didn't think of it that way but I can empathize.
    Naw, Greyhawk was the first ever published campaign setting for AD&D. The "kinda like a nightmare realm" you're thinking of is most likely Ravenloft.

And..er....you're not a fan of "gritty", yet Dark Sun is one of your favorite settings? The setting that recommended to DM to let players all start their characters at level 3, because the setting is so harsh and it's so much harder to survive? The Dark Sun setting where even an uneventful journey can wipe a party if they run out of water? The Dark Sun where there are no gods, just city-states ruled by evil despotic megalomaniacs bent on transforming themselves into semi-divine dragons? That Dark Sun? Man, Dark Sun was the definition of gritty in D&D. And not just cause of all the sand in your boots.
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Philibusta View Post
    Naw, Greyhawk was the first ever published campaign setting for AD&D. The "kinda like a nightmare realm" you're thinking of is most likely Ravenloft.

Ah ravenloft...really gotta try that out someday...any chance I can get a summary of Greyhawk than.

And..er....you're not a fan of "gritty", yet Dark Sun is one of your favorite settings?

Well clearly we have different definition of "Gritty"...imo Gritty =/= Hard as balls.

Gritty is to normal as say:

Call of Duty is to Borderlands

Final Fantasy 7 & 8 is to The Tales Series,Disgaea or Homework Salesman

PGR is to Mario Kart

Christopher Nolan is to Adam West

Daniel Craig is to Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan

Uwe Bolwe's Transformers is to any other transformers
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-04-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Ah ravenloft...really gotta try that out someday...any chance I can get a summary of Greyhawk than.

Well clearly we have different definition of "Gritty"...imo Gritty =/= Hard as balls.

Gritty is to normal as say:

Call of Duty is to Borderlands

Final Fantasy 7 & 8 is to The Tales Series,Disgaea or Homework Salesman

PGR is to Mario Kart

Christopher Nolan is to Adam West

Daniel Craig is to Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan

Uwe Bolwe's Transformers is to any other transformers
    Alas, my own experiences in and with the World of Greyhawk are too limited for me to provide you with a very accurate synopsis of the setting. I had one DM who utilized the Greyhawk setting. I've read some about it, from old game books, but that was long long ago heh. Most of my PnP experience was with Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Ravenloft, and various homebrew settings (some of which were quite good).
    All that is wrong with DDO, life, taxes, poltics, religion, music, fast food, education, the criminal justice system, the weather, society, the universe, and previously-discontinued-but-now-on-their-way-back snack cakes, is all the fault of Wizards of the Coast. I know this because Fred told me so, and Mind Flayers are smart.

Alas, my own experiences in and with the World of Greyhawk are too limited for me to provide you with a very accurate synopsis of the setting. I had one DM who utilized the Greyhawk setting. I've read some about it, from old game books, but that was long long ago heh. Most of my PnP experience was with Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Ravenloft, and various homebrew settings (some of which were quite good).
    Honestly once I got used to DMing I stopped using campaign settings and just cherry picked ideas,etc. from some established campaigns it's nice to have races,monsters,etc. react different from what people expect (needs to make sense of course)

When I say somethings my fav setting 90% of the time I'm referring to as a player or my early DMing experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12