Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Every 2 day 2 times evon3 on every character will raise all of your toons to lvl28 til xmas. At least that is my plan.
    This. Add in a visit to the Midler Farmhouse, a certain abandoned graveyard and two drow houses, and you might be there on Halloween.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Yeah, it's a bit painful. I am admittedly playing pretty casually, but man is it disheartening to run a few epic quests (including the lovely 50k VoN 3), and still barely making a dent in that xp bar.

It wouldn't be all that bad if the higher level quests gave a lot more xp, but for the most part, all epic quests tend to be worth 20-50k depending...
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Community Member

My characters will likely get there by the time the cap goes to 30 and I can't think of a good reason to really want to before then.

Pick 1 toon and play to cap. Then pick another... 3 Million XP goes pretty fast even if it feels tedious.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    It wouldn't be all that bad if the higher level quests gave a lot more xp, but for the most part, all epic quests tend to be worth 20-50k depending...
    20-50k is very good... plus optionals

It takes like 100 quests to get 3 million xp and cap...

That's not a lot of quests per character... Plus you can play ALL of the epic quests... I love the new quest reset ransack system. I'm pretty much open for any quest every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Pick 1 toon and play to cap. Then pick another... 3 Million XP goes pretty fast even if it feels tedious.
    Why do you guys play this game at all if leveling feels tedious? You'll be playing the exact same quests at 28 as you do at 26-27... Are they suddenly less tedious at 28?
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

I don't have any complaints with the XP requirements to level, but I do think the new quests should be giving out more XP.

We did the Storm Horns endcap (What goes up, I think? The one with the glacier) last night. On EE, first time in, with all bonuses, I got a little over 60K. At that rate, I'd be better off running VON3 on hard until my eyes bleed.
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

For a moment I thought they would reduce the grind...
    Its such a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post
    For a moment I thought they would reduce the grind...
    Its such a pain.
    I've also been running nothing but EEs which does take longer, mindlessly running EHs would be faster but if you're gonna run stuff that has good loot it might as well be on EE incase something actually drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Forzah View Post
    And they should've sticked with that, since these 8-10 extra levels add nothing interesting.
    100% disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Why do you guys play this game at all if leveling feels tedious? You'll be playing the exact same quests at 28 as you do at 26-27... Are they suddenly less tedious at 28?
    level 1-17 = not tedious. You get it basically by streaking and repeating isn't needed.

level 18-20 = tedious.

Levels 20-25 = not tedious. tons of available XP especially if you keep rolling the elite streak.

level 25-28 seems tedious. If the new quest paid more (and they should considering length and difficulty on EE at least) it probably wouldn't be that bad. It might not be that bad if you drop to EH to run stuff faster.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I'm a more casual player so I'm enjoying the journey, especially with the XP penalty revised on some of the 20-25 quests.

It feels like more will be added, too, soon enough.

I haven't TRed yet, not likely I will unless forced to. Rather play alt of a different class....Don't really get a thrill out of reliving the same thing over and over and over and over and...

(Of course the XP should be worthwhile, looks like someone thought they were either trying to "balance" the game or add a "challenge", or maybe just a directive to get people playing the longest to maximize subscription time, none of which low XP does, in my (usually meaningless) opinion - it just frustrates players.)

level 1-17 = not tedious. You get it basically by streaking and repeating isn't needed.

level 18-20 = tedious.
    Only for those who take 19. Holding 18 makes this not as tedious any more.

Levels 20-25 = not tedious. tons of available XP especially if you keep rolling the elite streak.

level 25-28 seems tedious. If the new quest paid more (and they should considering length and difficulty on EE at least) it probably wouldn't be that bad. It might not be that bad if you drop to EH to run stuff faster.
    Can still run any and all epics. The people who claim to hate running slayer/explorer areas are also missing out on alot of XP.

Community Member

I also have 10+ active toons and I agree its tedious and with the changes to prevent farming, it feels like its a grind without an end.

Under the previous system, I could see progress, so it didn't feel like a waste of time. I could choose a toon, and grind for a while and be done with leveling that toon. The changes mean that multiple toons are creeping along so slowly that I just lose interest and go do something else. I've been leveling my haggle bard, who was 20 but hadn't run a single quest since hitting 20. He had zero priority for me, but I can see progress on his destinies and his levels at this point, so right now the something else is still a DDO activity. I'm not sure what will happen as his meaningful ED's get filled, I may find another DDO project, or just cut back on my DDO time.

The only toon I've made substantial progress on is the one that I used to explore the StormHorns and Wheeloon slayers, so he picked up a lot of kills before I found all of the messages and the 3 teleport points. That was very interesting for that toon, but feels like a very slow grind for the other 9.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Actually yes, being capped frees up time in the game to do other things like raid, or help someone level, go farming... Needing 1 million XP a level is tedious. Farming out near gear for each one of my characters to be maxed out again is also tedious.... Doing that for all of my characters is not fun after the third time through.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I agree. (of course. )

I do want to get my main to cap quickly... but it doesn't have to be tomorrow.

And once I get there, what will I do?
    I hate it when I no longer can earn xp.

Luckily EDs have given us a long term option... but that runs out too eventually.

Being capped isn't all that fun.

Back when the cap was 16 forever... I semi-retired several characters.
    Almost happened at 20.

Epic Destinies changed that.

In fact, I failed to get most of my previously capped toons to 25 yet!
    Because I was having fun still earning XP on my main.

As for my army of alts, yes, I want to cap them too. But I actually like having them staggered at various levels. That way I always have a toon to join any level of group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Actually yes, being capped frees up time in the game to do other things like raid, or help someone level, go farming... Needing 1 million XP a level is tedious. Farming out near gear for each one of my characters to be maxed out again is also tedious.... Doing that for all of my characters is not fun after the third time through.
    This has never made sense to me. How is it better to cap the character then do these things, forfeiting any xp they give? Wouldn't it be better to just do those things and cap when doing them caps you? It's not like this game gives has anything you need to be at cap to do (other than TRing at an old cap, which means you no longer have time to do those other things anyway).

I generally raid, run with others and farm in order to get xp as it's not like epic levels increases the playability of a character to a huge degree anyway with most of the power being in the destinies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    This has never made sense to me. How is it better to cap the character then do these things, forfeiting any xp they give? Wouldn't it be better to just do those things and cap when doing them caps you? It's not like this game gives has anything you need to be at cap to do (other than TRing at an old cap, which means you no longer have time to do those other things anyway).

I generally raid, run with others and farm in order to get xp as it's not like epic levels increases the playability of a character to a huge degree anyway with most of the power being in the destinies.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Really?

I thought getting to 28 was extremely easy actually. I got there without even thinking about it.
    Only because you didn't group with me. I could have made it take 10% longer.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

So, you're saying you can't raid, help someone level, or go farming unless you're capped?

1 million xp to advance is tedious...

...but being capped and unable to advance not matter how much experience you get isn't?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast