Default Turbine Lost Profit Opportunity

If there is one thing I love to spend TPs on, it is storage. Bags, banks, slot, etc... I'm an online hoarder. Many others here certainly clamor for MOAR storage...

The latest loot revisions trashed a lot of old loot. There are enough threads on that. My thought is that if the Devs stopped trashing the old stuff to make their new contributions look better, I would hoard more and need more storage...

Stop Nerfing and TAKE MAH MONEY!

/rant off... Going to decon old **** for more essences that I'm less likely to use... It's like doing puzzles knowing pieces are missing.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

The Hatchery

They still don't have a Kobold Shaman cleric hireling.

Ever since the day they sat down and decided "let's not make a Kobold Shaman cleric hireling," they've been hemorrhaging money.

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    They still don't have a Kobold Shaman cleric hireling.

Ever since the day they sat down and decided "let's not make a Kobold Shaman cleric hireling," they've been hemorrhaging money.
    Perma Gold Seal Kobold Hireling Package... TAKE MOAR MONEY.... I like it. I bribe the Kobold caster in Come Out and Slay just to pretend...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    /rant off... Going to decon old **** for more essences that I'm less likely to use... It's like doing puzzles knowing pieces are missing.
    That's another thing: they updated all the loot, but not the recipes/names in the Crafting Hall. I don't get it. I'm more likely to get an item with a bigger plus to my attacks in a random loot drop than I could possibly craft.
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (30 Tempest), Heldre (20 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (18 Ranger), Alansa (24 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (30 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (20 Fighter); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/3 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (18 Druid)

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Question Yep, bank space means more profits, all mmorpg games know this. Does DDO?

I see threads like this all the time and I am not sure why they don't give us more bank space that we can buy.

But I can put it in another way. Imagine a Bait store that sells bait for fisherman/woman, but does not sell stuff to store the fish in.
    Simple mistake right. So all of the fisherman/woman tell the owner of the bait store to please stock these items so they can store the fish they catch.
    The owner of the store hears them but does not provide it for them and simply ignores the request and does tell them why.
    Meanwhile the potential for profits goes away for something that does not need any marketing to see if it would work.
    Crazy right, but this is how it makes me feel.

Or even another way to put it is: Have you ever had a dream where you are telling someone to do something so obvious that it turns into a nightmare because they won't do it. Or like your trying to yell in your dream and the words are not coming out, yet it is just so simple, yet it is a nightmare.

In other words putting more bank space in the ddo store would guarantee profits. This is probably one of the easiest profit making, no need to research concepts in all mmorpg games today. Bank space sells, period! Yet the Devs never respond to threads like this nor tell us why they are not doing this.

The reasons I think no more bank space is being sold or earned through favor ( only my opinion ) are:

1. The code won't let it happen and they are too embarrassed to admit it, a huge bug.

2. They think we will stock up on silver flame potions and Yugoloth potions for our next tr life and it would be too powerful. Yet I hope this is not this reason.

3. They are afraid to do it.

4. There is something they are not telling us and we are all wondering why it is a big deal for them not to do this.

5. It has been a long, long time since we got new bank space, they think we have enough. This is crazy thinking. Is it true?

6. They have a very good reason to not do this, and there is no bug or no code problem, yet still won't tell us their reason.

7. They like to torture us.

8. Like the owner of the bait store cannot understand the concept of it all.

Community Member

Making the old loot obsolete or not, the game definitely needs more storage. I have to agree that it seems like one of the easiest things to add to the game that you know a ton of people would buy. At the very least add more shared storage since that is just a single space that is limited only by how high you set the max number of items that can fit in it (I realize personal storage is limited by the fact they have only 5 tabs of 20 spaces each, but shared storage does not have that problem).

The other thing they need to add is more monster manuals. Monster manuals are the only things in the entire game I am willing to buy when they are not on sale. That is how much I like them. I will buy any monster manual the moment it comes out no matter what the price.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Still waiting to spend my TPs on 40 more bank storage and 50 more Inventory slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Nerf all the things

Oh and look you can buy new stuff that the new guy made.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

There are several threads about this. The answer is the following:

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    The main reason we don't have additional inventory space and bank upgrades is due to tech limitations. However, we are actively looking for ways we can improve storage options.
    And more:

Quote Originally Posted by DDO_University View Post
    Found it. DDO Cast 275. PAX East 2013 party at Gillians. Steiner-D's interview.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwzCt77-jqc

My memory was not perfect, but I'll let you listen to their words yourself. Here's some time stamps:

1:17:20 Interview starts
    1:20:45 Player Housing
    1:34:40 Personal Inventory (database space)
    1:47:40 Lag