Default Klin Stegen Killed by Hezrou Summons?

Anyone else noticed the Hezrou summoned by Klin Stegen, level 19 Cleric hireling, appears to be damaging Klin and other NPC's? Seems it killed him in a recent run I made in Schemes (House C), and hit him multiple times in the new Wheloon prison quests I was running.
    There is no free lunch.

Dispell can be used to untether a summon from its summoner, and the summoned mob may turn on them. Were the mobs you were fighting using dispell?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

The Hatchery

I have actually seen this.

In Redemption's end fight, I saw Amalgam hurt Heyton. I was sure of it. And when Heyton died, Amalgam started attacking me.

I also noticed it in that one 3BC quest where you defend the ship, the friendly AI mobs would damage each other after the enemy mobs were all killed. Only for a few seconds though.

Klin needed killin'...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Community Member

Aw, I like Klin.

Of course, the main reason I like him is because he comes with the Hezrou, so... potential problem here!

I too have seen the Amalgam/Heyton problem in Redemption. I've run it several times since the update, and it has happened a little bit on most or all of the runs. I couldn't tell whether they were swinging at each other or at the ghosts of defeated foes, and I couldn't be sure they were actually scoring damage on each other, but I could hear the damage sound effects going off. As Qezuzu says it only lasted a couple seconds; I never had the bad luck to have Amalgam actually finish Heyton off during that time!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Dispell can be used to untether a summon from its summoner, and the summoned mob may turn on them. Were the mobs you were fighting using dispell?
    My understanding is that this used to be true but was removed long ago. The only summon left in the game with this functionality is the Ooze from Sundering Ooze Guard Greensteel items: if you examine the Ooze you can see the control effect and you can dispel that effect to turn it hostile.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)