Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Outstanding.

Community Member

I always hated The Pit....it was long, convoluted, full of platform-style jumping challenges (which I hate, Chamber of Insanity is another), and I spend more time just looking at a map in another window as I do actually playing the game.

But then I played it through one time, and bugged out in the third Furnace. The jet that's supposed to shoot you up, so you can get the last valve when soloing, didn't work - it just teleported me up and down.

After wasting 45 mins getting that far for nothing, I swore off The Pit for good.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Nicely explained.

There's a quicker and easier way to do Furnace 2 - recorded it a while back to show guildies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_knsnz1RqA

Full video of a reasonably fast 2-man run including Juiblex also recorded to let them see it's not the nightmare some of them think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8mFIW8uueA

Community Member muffins_cupcake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I always hated The Pit....it was long, convoluted, full of platform-style jumping challenges (which I hate, Chamber of Insanity is another), and I spend more time just looking at a map in another window as I do actually playing the game.

But then I played it through one time, and bugged out in the third Furnace. The jet that's supposed to shoot you up, so you can get the last valve when soloing, didn't work - it just teleported me up and down.

After wasting 45 mins getting that far for nothing, I swore off The Pit for good.
    I'm sorry you experienced such difficulties. I can always roll a character up on your server and show you how it's done if you would prefer? Might get you back into liking it
    There is another way to do furnace three, need help with the valves again but any hireling should be to for that. It's known as the 'longer' way, but sometimes it's just easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Nicely explained.

There's a quicker and easier way to do Furnace 2 - recorded it a while back to show guildies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_knsnz1RqA

Full video of a reasonably fast 2-man run including Juiblex also recorded to let them see it's not the nightmare some of them think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8mFIW8uueA
    I have never done or seen it done that way. Nice! I've learnt something new about a quest I thought I knew everything about lol. Thank you.
    Muffins & Cupcakes, which is the best?

Whether it's the heavier breakfast muffin or the light and sweet frosted cupcake, everyone loves Muffins and Cupcakes.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Nice guide.

I'd like to point out that the optional chests are really not hard to get. They do require jumping across a nearly invisible wooden beam, but turning your camera to adjust the lighting a bit helps. I find it's easiest to jump into the wall rather than jumping toward the next platform.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member muffins_cupcake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastrd View Post
    Nice guide.

I'd like to point out that the optional chests are really not hard to get. They do require jumping across a nearly invisible wooden beam, but turning your camera to adjust the lighting a bit helps. I find it's easiest to jump into the wall rather than jumping toward the next platform.
    I was mainly referring to the whole bunch of Troglodyte warlocks guarding it. All healing up and casting a heck ton of hold and damaging spells. Easier to just skip it in my opinion. If people really want to do it I'll add it in, but I don't think they are worth the trouble. Especially since at least half the party will give up trying to reach it, lol.
    Muffins & Cupcakes, which is the best?

Whether it's the heavier breakfast muffin or the light and sweet frosted cupcake, everyone loves Muffins and Cupcakes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by muffins_cupcake View Post
    I'm sorry you experienced such difficulties. I can always roll a character up on your server and show you how it's done if you would prefer? Might get you back into liking it
    Nah I never liked it much even before that :P Its not that I don't know how to do it, its the quest itself: platformy, overly long, mostly just running back and forth (and before you have 30% Striding, probably). Coal Chamber is the same way, but at least that doesnt have platform jumping.

A little bump to keep this great guide active.
    Alts: Arieanne Wightsbane. Mercifulll Fate, Ariesta Tre'Dain, Conqueste Sojurne, Mysadventure Calamitas, Flawlless Victorie, Ransaque Bonus, Ingenius Debilitation, Persistence, Theholyhand Grenade, Dyerseve, and many others...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12