Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default new stunning bugged

So the new stunning, that adds a -to will on hit (stackable 5) and gives a passive bonus to stunning fist/blow... Yea the passive bonus isnt working, doesnt update the stunning DC on icon and by testing it, I dont see how my stone dust handwraps (+6) work just about all the time but the stunning (dazing with a +8 passive bonus) barely can get it to land.

Community Member DeathbringerGod's Avatar

Exclamation The Same here!

I noted the same with my two fighters, one with greatsword and other with bastard sword, when I try to stun with a dazing weapon I almost never stun or only a few times, but when I equip other weapon without that effect I stun much better... I have 42 DC to stun, with those weapon I reach 53 DC (+11 bonus) and I don't stun nothing XD
    KHYBER Server
    Velhaart
    [2nd Life] (lv 4 Human Fighter), Deathbrngr [2nd Life] (lv 4 Drow Fighter), Shinigammi (lv 28 Drow Monk), Kriegwolf (lv 28 Dwarf Barbarian), Panzerdath (lv 28 Warforged Fighter), Edvaard (lv 28 Human Paladin), Thengwar (lv 28 Drow Bard), Aorlhac (lv 10 Half-Orc Fighter), Scythelord (lv 6 Human Wizard), Toumass (lv 4 Human Druid), Krieglord (lv 15 Bladeforged paladin), Xeerloth (lv 7 Warforged Artificer), Aldahr (lv 15 Shadar-Kai Rogue), Edarim (Lv 15 Sun Elf Cleric), Ianvenn (lv 7 Half-Elf Ranger), Chrometank (lv 7 Warforged Wizard),
    Erwynd (lv 7 Human Favored Soul), Naghaar (lv 7 Drow Warlock)

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbringerGod View Post
    ... with those weapon I reach 53 DC (+11 bonus) and I don't stun nothing XD
    I'm pretty sure that DC works pretty well on Epic Casual. You really want 70+ DCs for EE. Endgame minmax wizards in twink gear can reach DCs of 66. What do you think how they're feeling since MotU?
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

with 42 DC I stun almost everything on Epic Hard, the thing is that when I equip the sword with the +11 dc bonus to stun, I stun less, almost always miss the stun and it shouldn't. Epic Elite? I don't even try to stun there XD

And how do you do to reach that 70 dc with an item that says that give you +11 and don´t work? that is the problem
    Last edited by DeathbringerGod; 09-05-2013 at 04:39 AM.
    KHYBER Server
    Velhaart
    [2nd Life] (lv 4 Human Fighter), Deathbrngr [2nd Life] (lv 4 Drow Fighter), Shinigammi (lv 28 Drow Monk), Kriegwolf (lv 28 Dwarf Barbarian), Panzerdath (lv 28 Warforged Fighter), Edvaard (lv 28 Human Paladin), Thengwar (lv 28 Drow Bard), Aorlhac (lv 10 Half-Orc Fighter), Scythelord (lv 6 Human Wizard), Toumass (lv 4 Human Druid), Krieglord (lv 15 Bladeforged paladin), Xeerloth (lv 7 Warforged Artificer), Aldahr (lv 15 Shadar-Kai Rogue), Edarim (Lv 15 Sun Elf Cleric), Ianvenn (lv 7 Half-Elf Ranger), Chrometank (lv 7 Warforged Wizard),

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    I'm pretty sure that DC works pretty well on Epic Casual. You really want 70+ DCs for EE. Endgame minmax wizards in twink gear can reach DCs of 66. What do you think how they're feeling since MotU?
    63-67dc is fine for EE MoTu and before, 99% of the time. <70dc would, as of MoTu stun everything in the game no fail as best I could tell, which I don't believe changed w/o eGH. Despite all of that, you don't need 100% no fail stun to be effective in EE, since first, ki is replenishible, and second, you get another shot to use stuning fist in 6 seconds. Shoot for the mid-60s and you'll be fine, unless you have to stun every mob in the game every time, which now is fairly easy to achieve with a wis-based build hitting a sustainable 73dc at lvl28, first life.

Community Member

wow threads derail quick around here.....its about whether new weapons effects are properly applying ...not stun dcs in content

i got a friend to let me smack him around,according to his saving throws it doesnt appear to be functioning correctly

Exclamation

Yes, that is the problem, the effect of Dazing weapon not working properly or not working at all...
    KHYBER Server
    Velhaart

Quote Originally Posted by DeathbringerGod View Post
    Yes, that is the problem, the effect of Dazing weapon not working properly or not working at all...
    Are handwraps working? They are all that really matters.. rest of those dps guys that think their stunners are just posers!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Gimme a break! Only monks can and should stun? why? Is it the only thing they do? hahaa (And I have a monk toon too)
    KHYBER Server
    Velhaart

I just checked the Known Issues (updated on 8/30) and did not see anything related to this

It would be great to know whether this is a UI bug, or item bug. I suspect the latter, as like the OP, my Stonedust wraps boost my Stunning Fist DC on the Tool Tip and I also stun a lot more, than if I have a Dazing -X item.

I bugged it!
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    So the new stunning, that adds a -to will on hit (stackable 5) and gives a passive bonus to stunning fist/blow... Yea the passive bonus isnt working, doesnt update the stunning DC on icon and by testing it, I dont see how my stone dust handwraps (+6) work just about all the time but the stunning (dazing with a +8 passive bonus) barely can get it to land.

That's because you're using stunning as opposed to Ghostbane.

Ghostbane fixes everything...

No news on this bug case??
    Would be good this get fixed in the upcoming update...
    KHYBER Server
    Velhaart

Community Member

Lightbulb

If anyone builds a monk splash that can't reliablely stun in EE given (after some very modest ED/gear farming), then there really must be something going missing upstairs as they are the biggest easy button this game has produced. Someone even recently posted a theory craft build with 84dc!

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Ghostbane is my very favorite DDO meme. I don't know why, but it cracks me up every time.
    Why stop there? With what is being described, we could almost stretch in that the new Stumbling/Stunning has been Crucible'd. And I do want to bring that back.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    wow threads derail quick around here.....its about whether new weapons effects are properly applying ...not stun dcs in content

i got a friend to let me smack him around,according to his saving throws it doesnt appear to be functioning correctly
    You must be new around here..
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Community Member

so, I noticed something odd today when I was trying to see if dazing (the new stunning replacement on weapons) was fixed. and noticed that in the combat log it says it Adds TRIP DC does improved trip have the DC listed cause the regular one doesnt and was just curious if anyone could see if it is indeed adding to trip instead of stunning blow/fist like its supposed to.

also, dagger in the back is this supposed to work with handwraps? cause it currently doesnt.

Community Member

actually just tested iti out some more and found the problem

stumbling adds to Stun DC (equipped a vertigo (stumble IV) weapon and my stunning first DC increased), and dazing adds to Trip DC (as per the combat log). it seems the effects got reversed somehow.

stumbling adds to Stun DC (equipped a vertigo (stumble IV) weapon and my stunning first DC increased), and dazing adds to Trip DC (as per the combat log). it seems the effects got reversed somehow.
    LOL@Turbine..

Why am I not surprised...
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

This is made of win. Do they even test stuff at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast