Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    Geeez O Pete!

Quiet you!

AA's finally got some much needed love, don't make them take it away!
    LOL sorry. Don't think this is gonna stay a secret long though. I was playing with a guy who has an elf pale master. He decided to play around with AA. I told him he wouldn't like it, because he wasn't built to be an archer. I was wrong.

They got love. The arrows work great. Too great.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    It is not giving you a penalty. You already had the penalty. The skill just didn't take away the penalty.
    I know, and thats what I had a problem with...Morphic Arrows, conceptually speaking, should be Slashing OR Piercing OR Bludgeoning, not all 3 at the same time.

I get that Oozes are coded so that "if slash=1 or pierce=1 then check.for(split)", and I know there's no easy way to change that functionality, I'm just saying conceptually I dont think my Morphic Arrows SHOULD be slash=1 or pierce=1 vs oozes...

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    In a sort of related question, is it WAI that AA paralyzing and terror arrows work on everything? Meaning specifically undead and constructs. I ask because paralyzing bows certainly do not, or did not work on them.
    Hmm, all this time I just assumed the items had a blood grove being filled with natural poisons via a reservoir in the crossguard, but looking back on things that was just how it was when a DM described what I had long ago in PnP and that is also how I implemented it when DM'ing PnP myself. I guess we'll assume it's a magical paralytic poison and gets to ignore the the natural immunities those types of creatures have. Does Hold Monster work on undead and constructs? If so then there's our answer. Now if Terror Arrows starts to PK undead and pure constructs (WF don't count) I'd find things odd, but I think I have a stigma against that one from the pre-U19 version.

They also need to consider making Banishing and Smiting add the 4d6 damage to make me entertain the 1 point investment over Force Burst or Paralyzing. But that topic is just bringing this one further and further from where it started ><

Quote Originally Posted by Droid327 View Post

I know, and thats what I had a problem with...Morphic Arrows, conceptually speaking, should be Slashing OR Piercing OR Bludgeoning, not all 3 at the same time.
    I get that Oozes are coded so that "if slash=1 or pierce=1 then check.for(split)", and I know there's no easy way to change that functionality, I'm just saying conceptually I dont think my Morphic Arrows SHOULD be slash=1 or pierce=1 vs oozes...

When that new raid boss mob shows up with 1000 DR slash+pierce+bludgeon with immunity to Magic...everyone will call in the Arcane Archers and AA splash builds (mind you it's a very shallow splash needed for morphic). They'll also probably call in the Ivy Wrap wearing Shintao monks (with Vorpal Fists), because with our luck it'll also require DR silver+cold iron+byeshk+adam
    Last edited by merentha; 08-28-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: consolidated 2 posts

consolidated previous post..would be cool if mod could delete this one
    Last edited by merentha; 08-28-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by merentha View Post
    When that new raid boss mob shows up with 1000 DR slash+pierce+bludgeon with immunity to Magic...everyone will call in the Arcane Archers and AA splash builds (mind you it's a very shallow splash needed for morphic). They'll also probably call in the Ivy Wrap wearing Shintao monks (with Vorpal Fists), because with our luck it'll also require DR silver+cold iron+byeshk+adam
    Heh they should, just as a joke, put in a mob with 100% immunity to every element, 1000 saves with no-fail-on-1, DR 10,000/slash, pierce, bludgeon, good, evil, chaos, lawful, adamantine, mithral, byeshk, cold iron, silver, magic, and 1 HP

Talk about your ultimate DR breaker....you'd need an AA Shiradi with a Metalline bow, Morphic Arrows, in Stay Good stance, with an Arti Align Weapon: Evil buff (you can only add 1 type with Align Weapons, IIRC?), Xoriat Anarchic Arrows, and...damn, how would you get Lawful onto that?

(yeah I know you could hit him with some type of Untyped damage with no save, but you get the idea...)
    Last edited by droid327; 08-28-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    Actually I can't punch it as much as I want, it dies. However, if you would create us an ooze with a few billion HP I could probably punch it as much as I wanted to.
    Oh come on, Yaga. Surely you remember the infinite splitting violet slime.

There was one bug i was sad I missed.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

Yeah, I agree. But I think having the code for my arrows pick (and be correct) which they are is beyond turbines ability to code, and ddo's ability to include. Ideally, mettaline, and aligned would work the same way. Previously I thought you were trying to say it wasn't working the way they designed it to work, my mistake.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Heh they should, just as a joke, put in a mob with 100% immunity to every element, 1000 saves with no-fail-on-1, DR 10,000/slash, pierce, bludgeon, good, evil, chaos, lawful, adamantine, mithral, byeshk, cold iron, silver, magic, and 1 HP

Talk about your ultimate DR breaker....you'd need an AA Shiradi with a Metalline bow, Morphic Arrows, in Stay Good stance, with an Arti Align Weapon: Evil buff (you can only add 1 type with Align Weapons, IIRC?), Xoriat Anarchic Arrows, and...damn, how would you get Lawful onto that?

(yeah I know you could hit him with some type of Untyped damage with no save, but you get the idea...)
    Power Word Kill. Done. Unless you also gave it SR 1200 (12 AAs could eventually break sr 1200... just sayin')

Someone would pull out a bane weapon and one hit the mob.

Someone would use shard of xoriat to summon a chaos beholder that gives the mob's attacks viscious, killing it on it's first attack.

The bow you would need for that particular arti would need to be a mettaline bow of true law.

Any spell that does untyped damage (half on a save) would instakill it also.

I know that wasn't your point though
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

The bow you would need for that particular arti would need to be a mettaline bow of true law.
    Thanks, that's it...I knew there was another slot I was neglecting to fill

So, in theory, an Elven Arti with that bow, racial AA and Shiradi could, by himself, break every possible DR combination in the game simultaneously

Maybe if you are that desperate that you dont want to put that bow down and grab a blunt melee weapon uses a blunt ranged weapon? like the bow of the silver flame?

Hehe its nice how morphic arrows work with pluveriser from LD.

Community Member

ahh but the morphic ability is only designed to bypass DR, and as slimes don't have DR it doesn't need to reshape the arrow

nahh, what you really want is epic morphic stance which morphs your arrows into the perfect shape for the situation. that way you can just fire an arrow at a locked door and it will morph into the key and unlock it! though it would drive non-elven rogues nuts
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    ahh but the morphic ability is only designed to bypass DR, and as slimes don't have DR it doesn't need to reshape the arrow

nahh, what you really want is epic morphic stance which morphs your arrows into the perfect shape for the situation. that way you can just fire an arrow at a locked door and it will morph into the key and unlock it! though it would drive non-elven rogues nuts
    I would put AP into that.
    Matt Walsh:

I thought Bludgeoning damage was supposed to prevent oozes from splitting. However, my AA is splitting oozes like crazy, even with Morphic Arrows on that adds Bludgeon damage.

I know it does bludgeon AND slashing/pierce...but I figure the game should give you the benefit of the doubt, ostensibly your arrows are "morphing" to whatever damage type is most advantageous. It should be "no split if contains Bludgeon" not "no split if only contains Bludgeon".

That's how DR works, after all....if there's any Bludgeon damage component, all of it breaks Skeletons DR/Bludgeon. I'm sure there's other examples where damage type is set in an "only" and not an "contains" parameter.
    Did you check your Combat log? I was taking out some oozes on my AA the other day, saw them split and checked the log to find that I was hitting them with Slashing damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Oh come on, Yaga. Surely you remember the infinite splitting violet slime.

There was one bug i was sad I missed.
    Yeah that was a fun bug until it started crashing the server. Of course once it became common knowledge that the bug could crash the server, some people, I can't imagine who or why , would see how many slimes they could actually create before bringing the server to a standstill.
    Characters - Brion, Damerchant, Deathbot, Goode-, Minusten, Sepiriz, Spiritstrike, Stee, Steilh, Vorpaal, Wyllye, Yaga, Yagalicious, Yga. RIP - Catpizzle and Qazpe
    Beware My Gifts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post

I would put AP into that.
    Could I get a version that disables traps too???

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    Could I get a version that disables traps too???
    We'll get that for one short few days when an update introduces that as a bug...then they'll nerf it so hard we'll lose something unrelated...don't tempt fate!

Actually, I kinda wish Dispelling Arrows could be used against spell wards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12