Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Default Dev Response Please: Offhand Doublestrike?

It was reported on Lam that the offhand doublestrike chance from the dervish tempest capstone would only proc when a mainhand doublestrike did. It was also acknowledged by devs to be a bug. Was this bug fixed or did it go to live?

Also, is this a problem for all offhand doublestrike chance (e.g. from perfect two weapon fighting), and not just the tempest capstone?

In case we don't get a dev response on this, is anyone able to test it? We just need to see a single offhand doublestrike proc without a mainhand doublestrike to verify.

Thanks in advance.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Community Member

The other night in The Phoenix, with my 26 Monk, I was messing around to see what doublstrikes etc were happening as well as damage. Several times, I witnessed the damage report showing a mainhand attack (only one hit) and a doublestrike with the offhand (2 hits with 2 different damage reports). I would only do one attack at a time. I did maybe 100 single attacks. Often I would get doublestrikes with both hands, the main hand only or the offhand only. I don't know if that actually answers your question, and I in no way "Tested" this specifically, but that is what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by str8nger View Post
    The other night in The Phoenix, with my 26 Monk, I was messing around to see what doublstrikes etc were happening as well as damage. Several times, I witnessed the damage report showing a mainhand attack (only one hit) and a doublestrike with the offhand (2 hits with 2 different damage reports). I would only do one attack at a time. I did maybe 100 single attacks. Often I would get doublestrikes with both hands, the main hand only or the offhand only. I don't know if that actually answers your question, and I in no way "Tested" this specifically, but that is what I saw.
    That's exactly what I needed to know, that offhand doublestrikes were proccing without mainhand doublestrikes. Thank you very much and +1.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Bump.

So how about it devs, or anyone else who can test it, still wondering if the tempest capstone is working as described.

We now know that regular offhand doublestrikes are WAI, but the bug on Lam was noticed specifically with the tempest capstone. So was this problem fixed? Is the dervish tempest capstone proccing offhand doublestrikes without a mainhand doublestrike. I'd really like to know the answer to this before I TR into a pure tempest.

Community Member

Default testing

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Bump.

So how about it devs, or anyone else who can test it, still wondering if the tempest capstone is working as described.

We now know that regular offhand doublestrikes are WAI, but the bug on Lam was noticed specifically with the tempest capstone. So was this problem fixed? Is the dervish tempest capstone proccing offhand doublestrikes without a mainhand doublestrike. I'd really like to know the answer to this before I TR into a pure tempest.
    Think is it could only be working for handwraps, which would be a first seeing how generally nothing works with handwraps right off the bat.

Don't expect a dev to say they've fixed it, even if to their knowledge they have theres always the chance it didn't actually get fixed as they thought, or that some other bug is affecting it, or that it only works on certain builds or with certain weapons.

If I were a dev I wouldn't claim anything was fixed til I had tested it thoroughly myself, and they most likely don't have the inclination.

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    Think is it could only be working for handwraps, which would be a first seeing how generally nothing works with handwraps right off the bat.

Don't expect a dev to say they've fixed it, even if to their knowledge they have theres always the chance it didn't actually get fixed as they thought, or that some other bug is affecting it, or that it only works on certain builds or with certain weapons.

If I were a dev I wouldn't claim anything was fixed til I had tested it thoroughly myself, and they most likely don't have the inclination.
    I realize all of this. I'm mainly trying to bring attention to this issue in the hope that it can be determined, either from devs or another player, whether or not the capstone is working.

Even if a dev were to say, "we looked into it on Lam, it should work on live," that would be enough for me to TR and test it myself. But knowing it was bug reported and having no idea if it was even looked into doesn't make me want to go through a whole TR only to find out it wasn't fixed.

If the capstone is working, then pure tempest is totally viable. If it's not working, then it's totally not viable. I spent a good amount of time prepping this character to TR into a pure tempest in anticipation of the enhancement pass. I knew then that things don't always go as planned or advertised in this game, but it'd be nice to not waste any more time on a character that won't work as intended, or to know that my time has not been wasted already.

Also, I doubt it is limited to handwraps (or was tested with handwraps) since it's a capstone enhancement, which means no monk levels. I don't know why any non-monk would be using handwraps.