Default Love how you added the AA tree

Carry it forward for other thematics / racials. Beyond just "race" I'd love to see them added to other options.

(a) Power of the Storm (Half Elf, last Dragonmark) -> Air Savant tree
    (b) Dwarven Fortress -> Stalwart
    etc.

Go crazy nuts. With the limits on the # of trees, and frankly, the amount of AP some of these require I think there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

- Racial entries
    - Dragonmark entries ... the PNP game has thematic PRC options for each of the DM lines, why not open it up
    - Cross-class entries (like savants on wizards, AM/PM on sorcs ... hell even Henshin going to Fire Savant - whatever
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Carry it forward for other thematics / racials. Beyond just "race" I'd love to see them added to other options.

(a) Power of the Storm (Half Elf, last Dragonmark) -> Air Savant tree
    (b) Dwarven Fortress -> Stalwart
    etc.

Go crazy nuts. With the limits on the # of trees, and frankly, the amount of AP some of these require I think there shouldn't be too much of a problem.

- Racial entries
    - Dragonmark entries ... the PNP game has thematic PRC options for each of the DM lines, why not open it up
    - Cross-class entries (like savants on wizards, AM/PM on sorcs ... hell even Henshin going to Fire Savant - whatever
    An AM/PM sorc would be insanely powerful. The thought of this power alone makes me want to cry. A sorc with wizard DCs..
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    An AM/PM sorc would be insanely powerful. The thought of this power alone makes me want to cry. A sorc with wizard DCs..
    Depends. I'd think not - for several reasons. You're probably assuming some sort of scenario where they'd allow entry for free, no cost, etc.

First, any of these cross-tree adds can be put deeper the source tree - what if a Savant had to take the "other focus" ability for "force" to get AM? What if it was an adder at T4 or so, requiring x AP to be spent already?

Second, PMs are dipping into AM for their DCs - getting extra INT and possibly extra DC specialization from AM. Sorcs aren't going to get bonus CHA from either tree natively. Plus, those 5 extra feats on a wizard are pretty useful ... as are the spell slots. I'm not sure about you - but I'm pretty spell constrained on some key levels on my PM already - imagine doing that with 2-3 less spell slots at each level.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    80 points is already proving to be enough of a limitation. We can buuild powerful toons, but not godmod to the point of trivializing everything. If someone made a sorc and then went up the AM tree, theyd have to sacrifice something from sorc tree, compared to a wizard who can score up everything good in the entire tree if they want and still have enough left over for some necro abilities.

Its like ~14 points to get to the PRE in the racial tree. Then its an elven wiz. Spend points in AM + PM + Savant line. Which is being capped? If its the AM for instance, you now have 55 points spent, and have 25 left over for necro + air savant.

While i think it would be powerful, I dont think it would turn into the "no need to roll anything else" FOTM easy button.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    80 points is already proving to be enough of a limitation. We can buuild powerful toons, but not godmod to the point of trivializing everything. If someone made a sorc and then went up the AM tree, theyd have to sacrifice something from sorc tree, compared to a wizard who can score up everything good in the entire tree if they want and still have enough left over for some necro abilities.

Its like ~14 points to get to the PRE in the racial tree. Then its an elven wiz. Spend points in AM + PM + Savant line. Which is being capped? If its the AM for instance, you now have 55 points spent, and have 25 left over for necro + air savant.

While i think it would be powerful, I dont think it would turn into the "no need to roll anything else" FOTM easy button.
    Yep - one good thing w/ the enhancement pass is now we suffer from choice of several viable paths in many cases. That makes balancing easier - everyone has a few more feats to spare, but the real constraint now is on AP.

I'm fine with it having some sort of cost - every bit hurts. Even if it is later in the tree requiring a higher level of a general AP spend (heck, don't give it a pre-req, just require X number of points spent progression) that will force you to spend less in your later-added trees.