Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Epic Elite

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Do you run EE?
    Just enough to answer the rest of these questions. I've been on a TR rampage since MotU and I don't hang out past 20 for long. The quests I've run on EE just don't do anything for me. I don't equate "amping numbers exponentially" with "enjoyable challenge", or even a sense of accomplishment.

Do you get upset when someone dies in EE content?
    Nope.

Do you discriminate with whom you will run EE content?
    If I intend to complete, or at least give it a good shot, absolutely. Mostly I just need to know that the players are competent and prepared.

Do you run it for the gear, the XP, or just the challenge?
    Boredom and curiosity.

Do you expect to party members to run EE content on completed destinies?
    I wouldn't run EE with a half full ED, or one that was mostly useless for the build. I would expect the party to bring their "A" game, and I think a full ED would apply to most players there. But as per #2, this is usually covered.

Do you run EE?

1. Yes, occasionally.
    2. Nope.
    3. Kind of. I like to start my group with friends/guildies, but when I need to fill up the party, I post an LFM and take the first few people who hit the LFM.
    4. Gear, Favor, Challenge, Fun, testing the boundaries of my builds.
    5. No, but I expect a ED-aware approach. I hope that the choice of Destiny will contribute in a meaningful way to the completion: On a melee, a level 3-4 Legendary Dreadnought or FotW is perfectly allright, but a level 1 Magister is something I'm not too happy to see.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post

If the quest is hard, and I'll run in one of my main 2 destinies. (both work equally well) If I know the quest well enough before hand to know I do not need to be in a maxed destiny to contribute to the group, or to complete the quest, then I may not bring a maxed ED. It's that simple. I analyse exactly what I would need to contribute and finish the quest, and I bring that.

I don't pike every quest, and it's presumptuous of you to say that I do. Seeing as how very few of the people on these forums have in fact ran with me, you really have no right to make such judgement calls.

And to readdress what I said earlier in the thread, Most of the people I run with are good enough that none of them need maxed destinies for most EE quests. We could all walk in with a lvl 1 destiny and our 3 twists and complete the quests in about the same time, give or take 10 minutes.

Maxed ED's are a safety blanket to ensure the fastest, and easiest completions in EE. They are not needed though, and I've seen enough players who rely on maxed ED's die in EE's to know that having a maxed ED is not the turning point for most EE completions.
    If two players basically have the same build or similiar builds and simliar playing abilities and one player is in their best destiny and the other is not and the player in the best destiny kills double the mobs in the quest. All I can say is hmm because obviously the player not in their best destiny contributed less. Now multiply that quest by 10 or 20 quests and we are talking about piking.

There are some players out there who can solo ee quests or at least make a good go of it and then somebody groups with them or joins them not in the best destiny what do you call that? There are some moral questions in here for sure. Some greedy and lazy what have yous as well.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Do you run EE?
    Yes.

Nope. Unless it's the 10th time or something, or if we're all dying and it means we just aren't working well together.

Yes. I prefer to run with people I know. Concurrently, I enjoy pugging it and getting to know new people. The thing is, when I run with people I know, I'm pretty confident that I can fit in with them and I won't die. With new people, things get messy - and I'm always embarrassed when I die.

If I solo it, it's for challenge. Otherwise, gear. XP is insignificant in epic - I think there's too much available (I hate running quests when I'm not getting XP and would love if there was some kind of infinite XP bar).

It doesn't really matter as long as we work well together. I think running on your off destiny sucks, though, so I can't imagine someone actually wanting to do that in EE content.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456