Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Epic Elite

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Do you run EE?

Do you get upset when someone dies in EE content?

Do you discriminate with whom you will run EE content?

Do you run it for the gear, the XP, or just the challenge?

Do you expect to party members to run EE content on completed destinies?
    Yes

Only if they keep making the same mistakes.

I don't care what class/build you play. Just bring your A game and play like a team player.

All 3

Yes. EH/N don't really matter. You notice a difference between hard and elite. Anybody who has leveled through off destinies should notice a big difference in their character power and potential and understand that being in their main destiny while running EE makes sense.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by SSFWEl View Post
    Yes. Absolutely.

Pardon my spelling, I was trying to send tells in EE Tor iirc. This guy started asking people in the party why the leader was not inviting him. I was nice enough to try to explain it to him. And was rewarded for my good deed. (To my great happiness, as it turned out)

Um, what's the point of the picture? To prove you require full destinies? Nobody would have doubted you when you said yes.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Yes

No.

New EEs yes to discrimination, anything pre-GH (and most of GH) no.

Gear, XP and Challenge. And Saga rewards to be honest. I can see myself re-running MoTU a few times once they're back for skill tomes. EH is, apart from new quests (just because they're new and I'm a scaredy cat who has a preference toward getting familiar via an EH first), kind of boring at this point. Though I find EH What Goes Up to be non-trivial. Having said that, I have run many many enjoyable EHs until now and found EEs terrifying on previous builds.

Depends on the character. If someone can do their job (i.e. healing or cc) I have no issue whatsoever with them being a tier 0 shadowdancer. My dps characters are all definitively gimped outside of their main destinies.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Do you run EE?

Yes.

Maybe. If it's by stupidity, probly. If it's a lack of skill, bad luck or [something reasonable], no. (If it's my death, you can expect me to be... displeased... at myself though.)

Nope. LFM, all welcome. Always... interesting.

Partly for gear, partly because eHard is a joke.

I prefer it. I won't yell at someone for being off-destiny, unless the content is hard. (Maybe new EE's?)

On a sidenote, these filters are a tad over the top.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Yes, almost exclusively outside of raids or TR's.

Not normally. I don't care if you died, but if you died being stupid and end up getting other people killed because of it? Well, you may find yourself alone afterwards.
    Although if I'm running with friends this becomes an entirely different situation. Here I expect someone to die at some point because of another player. Grease is abundant, and god forbid you go afk, or you will be a soulstone before you get back.

Not really, although I do give spots to people I know over pugs. although I won't kick a pug to bring in someone I know. Usually my EE's for stuff I know well are level 20-25.

Gear, challenge, and because that's what most of my friends run.

Depends on the quest in question. Most of the time I don't really care. As long as you can take care of yourself you're golden in my book. Usually if it's one of my friends, or someone I've ran with before I won't question them at all because I know they could be running a 6con drow sorc who maxed int and put all thier skill points into swim, jump, tumble and repair, and they would still be awesome.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

The Hatchery

Yes

No. I almost exclusively shortman with my friends (2, 3 or 4 people). We just gather and go, and this usually means no healer unless it's a hard quest. So it's understandable if someone dies if they get swarmed and can't heal themselves.

I guess. I never put an LFM up so I just run with friends or people my friends recommend, but if I did put up an LFM I certainly wouldn't accept 400 HP rangers or whatever.

Fun, XP and challenge

I expect them to be in a useful destiny. They can level elsewhere. But I also trust that my friends know what they're doing.
    Last edited by Qezuzu; 08-28-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Community Member

Do you run EE?
    I have in the past, perhaps I will again in the future, but currently I don't.

No.

Since I don't have a large guild, a regular group or a solo EE capable character I cannot afford to.

Primarily PDK favor. I expect that's no longer relevant.

I have no luck with acquiring better gear on EE: after two lives running 21-25, filling out PDK favor twice, doing EE gianthold and maxing all destinies on EH I never ran into a single +4 or better tome. Conversely my Antipode, Sireth and Pinion were all garnered from EN runs.

XP seems much more efficiently run on lower difficulties, unless I have some uber companion to leech from. In which they're probably just running it solo.

Challenge is ok as long as I'm not beating my head against a brick wall. If I were part of a group working toward this goal it might be fun, but I've ascertained pretty quickly that it's not something I'm going to get to myself. I don't feel that I'm not having fun if I don't conquer the highest difficulty.

I'm too busy trying to make myself useful to worry about what other people are doing with their destinies.

I'm glad that EE is there for people that enjoy it. I'm sure I'll get back around to joining the odd pug when I need a break from the current TR stint. But it doesn't compell me.

Do you run EE?
    Before the update, the good majority of what I ran was EE pugs. Right now, due to a number of reasons, I am not playing or reincarnating my high level characters though.

No.

Not really. There are a small handful (1-2 or so, remember I'm talking before the update though) where I will want a specific role. All my characters are healer hybrids so the #1 specific role is something I'll cover, therefore it's not very common that I am picky on class. Also there are a small handful of players I will decline based on their personality/attitude. But I don't decline someone just for not being a skilled player.

95% of the time I just join other people's groups when it comes to EEs, so the above rarely ends up mattering.

Out of boredom. There was only a small amount of gear I was still looking for (I'll have to redo some gear now though), so I usually just ran whatever EE someone put up. Maybe I would get something nice to sell/trade or give to a friend who needed it.

No, unless we end up wiping by a small margin, but it's been several months the last time I wiped an EE outside of the blue dragon Tor room.

Community Member

[QUOTE=SSFWEl;5081418]
    Pardon my spelling, I was trying to send tells in EE Tor iirc. This guy started asking people in the party why the leader was not inviting him. I was nice enough to try to explain it to him. And was rewarded for my good deed. (To my great happiness, as it turned out)

Part of that chat is what worries me about joining random EE groups. As you can see from this thread there are a ton of players (more than half of the posters from what I have read up to your post) that do not think people need to have maxed destinies to be allowed in an EE group (depending on the quest), yet the chat log says that the player was not allowed in the EE group because he once ran an EE in a non-maxed destiny. I seriously hope that the group he joined put in the LFM that max destinies were required or else he would have no way of knowing that joining the group was going to get him blacklisted.

Now I do not know the specifics on this case and I am not saying that this particular player does not deserve to be blacklisted, but I would hope as a rule that people would not get blacklisted for joining EE LFMs in non-maxed destinies unless the LFM said that a max destiny was required. Some EE quests are easy enough that you can go in on a non-maxed destiny so the experience is not wasted.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post

Part of that chat is what worries me about joining random EE groups. As you can see from this thread there are a ton of players (more than half of the posters from what I have read up to your post) that do not think people need to have maxed destinies to be allowed in an EE group (depending on the quest), yet the chat log says that the player was not allowed in the EE group because he once ran an EE in a non-maxed destiny. I seriously hope that the group he joined put in the LFM that max destinies were required or else he would have no way of knowing that joining the group was going to get him blacklisted.

Now I do not know the specifics on this case and I am not saying that this particular player does not deserve to be blacklisted, but I would hope as a rule that people would not get blacklisted for joining EE LFMs in non-maxed destinies unless the LFM said that a max destiny was required. Some EE quests are easy enough that you can go in on a non-maxed destiny so the experience is not wasted.
    The poster in that picture has it right, maxxed ed ee's are and should be the norm unless you know the people. I would never join someone elses ee in less than a maxed destiny with 3 usefull twists and pre u19 150% fort, I expect the same respect. If you don't do that same courtesy to me that I would give to you I have no interest in every playing with you again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The poster in that picture has it right, maxxed ed ee's are and should be the norm unless you know the people. I would never join someone elses ee in less than a maxed destiny with 3 usefull twists and pre u19 150% fort, I expect the same respect. If you don't do that same courtesy to me that I would give to you I have no interest in every playing with you again.
    I have no problem with that attitude as long as it is clearly posted in the LFM. Certain people have certain requirements. If a person is going to be picky the LFM should say so. I have no interest in upsetting anyone. I simply wish to know what they want from me before I click join.
    Everyone who is not in the true definition of "hardcore" is looked down on as a "casual", unwilling or incapable of understanding the true brilliance of having twelve-year-olds insult you while they are teabagging your virtual corpse. - Christian Ward columnist for The Escapist

Quote Originally Posted by erethizon View Post
    As you can see from this thread there are a ton of players (more than half of the posters from what I have read up to your post) that do not think people need to have maxed destinies to be allowed in an EE group (depending on the quest), yet the chat log says that the player was not allowed in the EE group because he once ran an EE in a non-maxed destiny.
    To clarify my post - I don't really care if you come without a maxed destiny. (Unless it's new/hard (by my standards) content)
    I'll be in one, of course, with twists.

Seeming I don't run EE without 1-2 friends, and we can do most EE's like that, everyone else is just there for company and some fun. If they're only marginally useful, then so be it. (Yes, I'm still working on soloing one. My only toon that's got the gear for EE is busy TRing at any given point in time.)

Community Member

[QUOTE=erethizon;5081940]

The point of the picture was also to add some humor. I thought it was hilarious that he squelched me.

Indeed I feel that one should not be running EEs, of any kind, without maxed EDs. Certainly in a pug.

1. The guy was not really blacklisted, the leader simply did not want to take him, because he had experience with the player coming in non maxed ED. Its the leaders right not to take someone.

2. What does that matter? Well, first, EEs, except now maybe some of the lower ones (+ we are now at even a higher cap) are not forgiving. Even experienced and good players will die if they are not careful.

3. I think that coming in maxed ED's for EE is a given and a party leader should not even need to state it. Heck even coming to EH raids should be in maxed ED's save for say von5 which can be really run for XP. But citw and fot? max. ----->

WHY?

4. Because if you come in high level content, you need to respect the other people in the group and respect the quest. Coming in a non maxed ED shows that you don't care to come on your top game and that you want others to do the work for you. You are saying: I don't mind if the quest lasts longer than it should, as long as I get more XP".
    This means by definition, you are not doing the BEST YOU COULD. I am not picky and I think most leaders on Orien are not that picky. In other words I will take the first 5 or 11 to come. But you better come on YOUR best game. I am not saying that you need to be the best player. You simply need to be the best player YOU can be.

And I dont care if you die, as long as you are doing the best you can do.
    And one has no business doing EEs if you have not played enough to max even one destiny.

not sure what will be the consensus after the XP changes, but atm, I stand by my requirement.
    ~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Do you run EE?

-Yes, sometimes

-Of course not, mostly just amused if its someone doing something exceptionally stupid, like standing right next to the Marut's barrier in von3 when he punches his way through it *looks at guildy*

-Generally prefer people i know, or at least recognise the character/guild

-Yes, Yes, Yes plus lulz

-Depends on the quest & their role. EE can give a lot of XP so personally i'll usually take a destiny that i want XP in, but already has a decent amount & is at least functional - eg. if i went into an EE on my druid tonight, i'd take exalted angel, it's not maxed (just 1 point into level 4 iirc) but will mean i have both cocoon AND renewal in addition to my other healing spells to provide support for the team as a whole.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Do you run EE?
    Yes
    No
    A little
    Gear and challenge. Mostly gear.
    Yes. Anything else is absolutely disrespectful to the rest of the group.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

4. Because if you come in high level content, you need to respect the other people in the group and respect the quest. Coming in a non maxed ED shows that you don't care to come on your top game and that you want others to do the work for you. You are saying: I don't mind if the quest lasts longer than it should, as long as I get more XP".
    This means by definition, you are not doing the BEST YOU COULD. I am not picky and I think most leaders on Orien are not that picky. In other words I will take the first 5 or 11 to come. But you better come on YOUR best game. I am not saying that you need to be the best player. You simply need to be the best player YOU can be.
    I simply do not agree with this.

I respect the other people I group with, and I expect them to show me the same respect. But I know that you do not need your best destiny, or even a maxed destiny for most EE's(prior to U19. haven't tried the new stuff yet.) All one needs to do is play smart, and even in an off destiny your twist are enough to get your through most of the EE's in the game, or your base build if it's powerful enough, and not built around just one destiny.

I am the best player I can be at any given time, regardless of what build I'm playing and what destiny I am in. I do the best I can at any given time with what I am playing. But I do not need my toon to be the best it can for me to play at my top game.

People did EE's without ED's, and they can still be done without ED's. It just means you play smarter. I.E. You do your best not to take on more than you can handle when in an off destiny while still contributing to the party in any way you can.

I've said it before and I'll say it again The player makes the toon, not the other way around.
    I'd rather have 6 great players with no ED's doing EE's than 6 average players with ED's any day of the week.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Do you run EE?

Yes.

No - but they might get razzed a little.

I run with Guild/Friends and do not PUG EE. Guess that is discriminatory.

Challenge and then XP, in that order.

I expect them to do their best.

Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I simply do not agree with this.

I respect the other people I group with, and I expect them to show me the same respect. But I know that you do not need your best destiny, or even a maxed destiny for most EE's(prior to U19. haven't tried the new stuff yet.) All one needs to do is play smart, and even in an off destiny your twist are enough to get your through most of the EE's in the game, or your base build if it's powerful enough, and not built around just one destiny.

I am the best player I can be at any given time, regardless of what build I'm playing and what destiny I am in. I do the best I can at any given time with what I am playing. But I do not need my toon to be the best it can for me to play at my top game.

People did EE's without ED's, and they can still be done without ED's. It just means you play smarter. I.E. You do your best not to take on more than you can handle when in an off destiny while still contributing to the party in any way you can.

I've said it before and I'll say it again The player makes the toon, not the other way around.
    I'd rather have 6 great players with no ED's doing EE's than 6 average players with ED's any day of the week.
    Assuming that since it doesn't say come in a max destiny means you don't need to is disrespectful
    Assuming it's ever ok to not have a maxed destiny in an ee is disrespectful
    Most players don't want to play with people that don't offer the same respect to them that they would offer to others.

Do you run EE?
    Yes

No, it is expected in most EE quests that atleast someone dies.

No, except I do not allow known idiots into my parties regardless of difficulty.

For fun on characters that are EE capable. It is basically boring to run EH on such characters.

Completed: no, some useful destiny with reasonable level and useful twists: yes.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    My fvs with 0 fort and nearly max favor laughs at statements like this. Fort only matters if you have a toon playstyle that is one of getting hit, but I can slip on my Ancient Band if that makes you warm and fuzzy.

The strength of a maxed destiny is all relative. FoTW at 4 is more powerful than a number of other destinies, and if someone can't tell the difference they need to read up on them. If someone's trying EE on Magister 1, that's different, but there's plenty of useful destinies at say 4 depending on the build and plenty of unusual setups that facilitate certain EEs. Playstyle in EE is generally what dictates the level success. There's a number of maxed players that are absolutely horrible in EE simply because they try to use the same bull in china shop tactics from EH. They open doors before they should, they take rez's in the midst of trash, they drag trash to where other party members are rebuffing, they drag trash to where the rogue is sneaking, etc.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast