Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Epic Elite

Default Epic Elite

Do you run EE?

Do you get upset when someone dies in EE content?

Do you discriminate with whom you will run EE content?

Do you run it for the gear, the XP, or just the challenge?

Do you expect to party members to run EE content on completed destinies?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Do you run EE?
    Yes

No

No

None of the above

Depends on the quest

Do you run EE?
    Yes

I never get upset with someone for merely dying. The manner of their death, however, could amuse me (if it was funny) or possibly annoy me (if they were doing something stupid, like the exact opposite of what they were asked to do).

I don't have the patience for that. I run it when I want to run it, but don't screen.

Favor, mostly. Bit of challenge. Specific gear, if I'm hunting for something.

Likely though, I'm bored and hanging out.

I generally assume very little about other players. I'm kind of a jerk though, and expect a mix of ****.
    - I HOPE whoever is running has some EE-capable ability. In a good ED is less important as long as you can still pull off core functions. Some classes can do this regardless of the ED they are in, but some builds only work by magnifying some EDs. Fasincate, Stunning Fist / other tactics, Assassinate ... etc. Builds layed out to only work in Shiradi, Fury may only really work in the right destiny.
    - I EXPECT some mix of the folks will be decent adds, on-ED or not
    - I EXPECT some mix of the folks to be unsure about their capabilities
    - I EXPECT some mix of the folks to think they are awesome, and not be
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Community Member

Do you run EE?
    Almost exclusively at this point.

No, especially if it's amusing.

A little but I don't set the bar to high for 90% of the quests. Be able to keep yourself alive and don't be a drain on the party and it's fine. For some content you have to be picky, doing TOR dragons with a bad group just isnt' going to happen.

Depends on the quests. Most are fun, there are a few I run just for gear. Challenge is only there until you beat it the first time.

If the content is tough enough yes. Something easy like EE VON3 not needed but What Goes Up is a different story.

Do you run EE?
    Yes

No I rescue them if I can

No but if someone is obviously underpowered I give advice and advice them against joining EE

All 3 but mostly challenge

If appropriate, I min/max and don't expect others too. My only advice is: No Zerg, wait for buffs, We only have one star, Stay with the group and listen to the leader.

I feel if these points are followed even a gimped toon can get a group through EE with the right tactics.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

Do you run EE?

Yes
    Only if its me heehe
    Yes...sad to say but yes
    Gear (favor sometimes)
    I do expect that and will gladly share my displeasure if we fail repeatedly while you are level 1 in some bunk destiny

Community Member

1. Do you run EE?

Yes

2. Do you get upset when someone dies in EE content?

No, its not an exp farm, so no reason to be obset.

3. Do you discriminate with whom you will run EE content?

No. I discriminate people I dont like due to their behavior in any content. Except for that, unless I want some specific class or skill (reavertank), no, I dont.

4. Do you run it for the gear, the XP, or just the challenge?

Challenge, fun, favor, gear, experience in this order.

5. Do you expect to party members to run EE content on completed destinies?

No. Not unless I ask them to. Which is unlikely.

Hero

Do you run EE?

1. Yes

2. No, deaths happen.

3. I don't usually pug EE's, so if that's discrimination then sure. On occasion I will pug the easier ones when bored.

4. Gear and Challenge. Even on EE most quest XP sucks.

5. I expect members of my group to pull their weight. If they can do so in a off destiny, that's fine with me.

Yes.
    No.
    Depends on the quest.
    Gear and Challenge.
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Community Member

Do you run EE?

Yes
    No
    Sometimes (if the toon is known by experience for running EE underpowered/unintelligently, I don't join their group - if I know a couple members are capable I've no problem joining)
    Gear + Favor
    They should be in a useful destiny/twist setup, but I don't ask as I usually don't lead EEs.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Do you run EE?

Yes.

No.

No.

Challenge/Favor/bragging rights/because it is there... /flex, Gear is getting pretty good lately, and I want some XP.. just not worried about how much. (I tend to prefer doing all optionals though)

No.

One disclaimer.. or a sort.
    I rarely put up my own LFM. Greatly prefer to run with friends. (this is because of drama... usually in the form of whining... usually before the quest even begins.... "Ok, I joined your group. Now, let me tell you what classes we need to make this work... otherwise we will fail." Quickly proceeding to... "Are we gonna do 'the trick'? It's a lot easier when we do 'the trick'." /sigh)

and one note.
    I cannot carry you through.
    And IMO, neither can anyone else... even the guy with the Cleric icon. (if we even have one...)
    You need to come prepared.. especially with healing pots etc. Helps if you can raise too.

I don't need "the best", but I need "your best" (which is not a destiny... it's a mindset)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

yes
    no
    sort of, I run ee with guildies or solo
    all of the above
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    I rarely put up my own LFM. Greatly prefer to run with friends. (this is because of drama... usually in the form of whining... usually before the quest even begins.... "Ok, I joined your group. Now, let me tell you what classes we need to make this work... otherwise we will fail." Quickly proceeding to... "Are we gonna do 'the trick'? It's a lot easier when we do 'the trick'." /sigh)
    LOL.

That reminds me of a couple of times I had in a PUG. The first – and I’ll never forget this – is when I was in a Shroud group that was filling. Some melee toon joins, and then a couple of casters joined. The melee toon then quit claiming that no Shroud could ever complete with more than two casters in the group.

We…uh…completed. Pretty smooth and quick if memory serves me correctly.

The other – and actually it’s not one time but on multiple occasions – where I get into a Frame Work quest, and someone wants to do the “quick farm” way of zerging to the end fight, killing the boss, planning the evidence, and then getting out of there quickly. They all fail, every single time.

I’ll never forget the first time, the PL gives these elaborate instructions about what to do, which I followed to the letter. Halfway through the minotaur city I hear: “ding”. One death.

“Ding.” Someone else dies.

I get to where I’m supposed to be, and there is a rapid succession of deaths to follow. Half of the group rage-quits, including the leader.

Then there was the other few times when I was on my wizzy, and the “ez farm” method was to go invis, run to the end, start the end fight, kill the boss, and get out of there. Again, I invis everyone, I run like mad to the rally point, with no one there. I look and I see nothing but dead party members.

Then there was the surefire strategy to use the ballista to transport us to the end fight. The problem with that is that you are (or were, in the event that this has changed) randomly placed in the minotaur city. I just happened to end up in the middle of two or three of them, they attacked, I died. Then a rapid succession of “dings” indicated that I wasn’t the only one that this happened to…

I mean, this type of stuff is comedy gold.

So yeah, “the trick” is one that I generally avoid unless I KNOW the guy who describes it, and I KNOW he / she has some idea as to what they are talking about.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Do you run EE?

Why do I feel like this is a set up for a drama thread with no story background at least?

LOL.

That reminds me of a couple of times I had in a PUG. The first – and I’ll never forget this – is when I was in a Shroud group that was filling. Some melee toon joins, and then a couple of casters joined. The melee toon then quit claiming that no Shroud could ever complete with more than two casters in the group.

We…uh…completed. Pretty smooth and quick if memory serves me correctly.

The other – and actually it’s not one time but on multiple occasions – where I get into a Frame Work quest, and someone wants to do the “quick farm” way of zerging to the end fight, killing the boss, planning the evidence, and then getting out of there quickly. They all fail, every single time.

I’ll never forget the first time, the PL gives these elaborate instructions about what to do, which I followed to the letter. Halfway through the minotaur city I hear: “ding”. One death.

“Ding.” Someone else dies.

I get to where I’m supposed to be, and there is a rapid succession of deaths to follow. Half of the group rage-quits, including the leader.

Then there was the other few times when I was on my wizzy, and the “ez farm” method was to go invis, run to the end, start the end fight, kill the boss, and get out of there. Again, I invis everyone, I run like mad to the rally point, with no one there. I look and I see nothing but dead party members.

Then there was the surefire strategy to use the ballista to transport us to the end fight. The problem with that is that you are (or were, in the event that this has changed) randomly placed in the minotaur city. I just happened to end up in the middle of two or three of them, they attacked, I died. Then a rapid succession of “dings” indicated that I wasn’t the only one that this happened to…

I mean, this type of stuff is comedy gold.

So yeah, “the trick” is one that I generally avoid unless I KNOW the guy who describes it, and I KNOW he / she has some idea as to what they are talking about.

Frame work stealth is much, much, much easier done solo, or at worst duo, while the rest of the party pikes at the entrance. On elite, the DPS needed might require one or two more party members, but if they're bad at invis running, the red alert will simply wipe the party.

As for the OP : Yes, Yes, Yes, Everything, Nope.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Do you run EE?
    Yes. I have done most everything except the new Shadowfell stuff on EE at some point. A lot of it repeatedly. I think that ee green dragon is wondering why i haven't been to visit him/her in a while.

Nope. Death happens. And I'm also aware that everyone on the other side of the monitor is a real, living person, not a bot put into this game for my convenience and happiness alone. They're probably unhappy enough that they died, what would it really accomplish for me to get upset with them?

Yes, but not in the way I think this question was possibly intended. I prefer people who treat others well, and I don't care how uber someone is in a video game if they treat others poorly. So I tend to stay away from the real jerks as much as I can. It's a game, everyone is here to have fun.

Mostly the favor, although I have been motivated by wanting an item or xp in the past. And frequently it's to help my friends out. her we

I don't expect anything of people other than to work together and treat each other well. I have been repeatedly in what I'm told are suboptimal groups that I should run the hell away from that I stayed with and had a lot of fun, because we not only completed but the people were actually fun to be in a group with and working together. I have been in uber groups where everything went perfectly and I was bored to tears or desperately wanting to be far far away from because they were either dead silent boring or someone was being really cruel to someone else over a freakin' game.

As long as the player realizes he can't do the things he does in a different destiny and adjusts his playstyle for it (Example: a mage in an off destiny in a Vons3 i was in once, agged the ENTIRE drow population between shrine 1 and 2 running into rooms, wailing, failing to kill anything, and instead of bringing just the one group back, went on to the next group and the next and just didn't try a new tactic just kept failing to kill and building up his trail, that was annoying) I have no problems with an ee being slower or rougher than usual and working together so everyone can get their favor, xp, gear shot, whatever they are in there for.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Why do I feel like this is a set up for a drama thread with no story background at least?
    Nope.

Really just my own information. I kinda have found a group of people now who are actually doing EEs (with me in their group - just to be specific). There are deaths - me included. I had three deaths in one run because a) my aura ran out and I wasn't watching it, and b) I was too focused concentrating on killing the boss that I wasn't watching my red bar. Stuff like that.

No one made an issue of it (at least no publically) and other people died as well. But I'm trying to gauge if this group is an anomaly, or whether it is basically the norm.

And yeah, I thought the EE stuff was fun. The group worked together, used stealth (GASP!), had to actually form a strategy (double GASP!) before stepping into the quest. So, I am personally getting the temperature of the water out there for some of these EE pugs.

Hence, the questions.

And because it seemed like a cool thread to write that might be informative.

1. Yes.
    2. No
    3. Yes, the first time I run a quest on ee I discriminate a little. After that I discriminate sometimes for certain general class types such as healers, cc characters, ranged dps/tanks, general dps, etc. or based on the current party composition. I of course do not like running with people that have a negative attitude or are not fun to run with.
    4. Fun (challenge), Loot. The saga experience concept is a good one they just need to bump up the experience especially for the saga with the current end game quests - that makes that worthwhile to run for xp possibly.
    5. This is a difficult question. On alot of ee quests like for example ee rusted blades it does not matter what someone runs it in. The current end game ee quests somebody should almost certainly run it in on one of their top destinies unless they can really contribute without being in their top destiny. My cc/healing bard can get away with this in almost all quests except the most difficult end game quests like up in the air/breaking the ranks, but everything else. None of my melee or ranged characters could get away with this really in the current end game ee because they just lose too much dps or etc.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Do you run EE?

Yes.

No. I don't carry rez scrolls because they look pretty in my hotbar. If someone is dying repeatedly without really contributing or at least learning something I tend to get a bit frustrated, but I keep it to myself.

Sorta, I guess. I solo more often than not, if I do end up joining a group it's with guildies, friends or from a channel. I won't generally join EE pugs that I see up, and I don't start groups.

Favour, mostly. Saga rewards, for a very short time. Quests are only a challenge until you've figured them out, and loot comes and goes.

Not really. As long as they're contributing, I don't care what buttons they're pushing.

Community Member

[QUOTE=bsquishwizzy;5081239]Do you run EE?

YES

NO. Duh, its EE.

A bit. Mostly run with guildies or pug with people I know.

All the above. And FUN.

Yes. Absolutely.

Pardon my spelling, I was trying to send tells in EE Tor iirc. This guy started asking people in the party why the leader was not inviting him. I was nice enough to try to explain it to him. And was rewarded for my good deed. (To my great happiness, as it turned out)

~~ Adrunil - Rogue. Halfling, big guy you can't miss him. ~~
    ~~ Adrunel - Monkcher. (Moncher?) ~~
    Robodoc - FvS Evoker-Healer. Post 19: Ended up LRing into 13/7 forc
    Orien server.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast