Community Member

Default Saga rewards : tools but no toys

was realy hoping for some random fun choices for rewards...but unfortunatly only more tools for toons...its a game,add some toy choices along with the tools.... its a game after all ...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    was realy hoping for some random fun choices for rewards...but unfortunatly only more tools for toons...its a game,add some toy choices along with the tools.... its a game after all ...
    A couple of guildies and myself completed a Saga yesterday.
    Not surprisingly, the saga quest giver, was nowhere to be seen. Tried to bug report it, but got a 404 error. Out-friggin-standing work there Turbine.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    A couple of guildies and myself completed a Saga yesterday.
    Not surprisingly, the saga quest giver, was nowhere to be seen. Tried to bug report it, but got a 404 error. Out-friggin-standing work there Turbine.
    Sagas arre down, or so ive heard. Some bug or other that popped up and they closed them.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Sagas arre down, or so ive heard. Some bug or other that popped up and they closed them.
    Wonderful.

Wonderful.
    You still get credit for what you did, but the actual saga NPCs are just gone for a bit. Once they come back, you can go get your reward.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

The NPCs have been removed but progress is still tracked, so once they're back you can claim your shiny

Also agreed OP... while the rewards are nice functional bonuses, it'd also be cool to get some fun things like special pets, useful consumables (along the lines of some of the things you can get from eberron shards maybe), fun consumables (like the pork barrels, djinni) or maybe even some unique, very powerful single-use consumables.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    You still get credit for what you did, but the actual saga NPCs are just gone for a bit. Once they come back, you can go get your reward.
    You don't really get credit for what you do though do you. If you're in my situation where I have completed all quests on EE but cannot hand in the saga, if I do them all again on EE I bet I won't get two rewards. As always, no ETA has been given and very little information is available apart from the post from Tolero saying that sagas have been temporarily disabled. This needs to be fixed and more communication on timescales would be appreciated, after all, I did shell out over £80 for this "expansion" so forgive my perception of entitlement (though if past experience is anything to go by I won't hold my breath).

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Unfortunately it's not surprising. I was told the reason they took pets and cosmetics out of the gold rolls was the playerbase complained. I think the real root of the problem is that people are rarely motivated to post here when they like something, only when they don't. I'm guilty of that too, it didn't occur to me to post how much I liked the shot at cosmetics and pets in the dd. So the people who didn't like it were the ones heard, and they designed furtue rewards around that.

Heck I've seen complaining about the free +2 tomes for 1750 favor because they're not useful after six (or less) lives.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Unfortunately it's not surprising. I was told the reason they took pets and cosmetics out of the gold rolls was the playerbase complained. I think the real root of the problem is that people are rarely motivated to post here when they like something, only when they don't. I'm guilty of that too, it didn't occur to me to post how much I liked the shot at cosmetics and pets in the dd. So the people who didn't like it were the ones heard, and they designed furtue rewards around that.

Heck I've seen complaining about the free +2 tomes for 1750 favor because they're not useful after six (or less) lives.
    Shoot, if people post positive things, they get jumped on for being turbine fanbois or fangirls.
    I find that so odd.

Shoot, if people post positive things, they get jumped on for being turbine fanbois or fangirls.
    I find that so odd.
    Yeah, not really worth expressing any type of satisfaction considering the backlash that is to follow. Would that the forums were moderated a bit better, or that the more prolific trolls weren't outright praised for their behaviour by staff.

Back to topic though, has there been any more info on the status of sagas?

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    Yeah, not really worth expressing any type of satisfaction considering the backlash that is to follow. Would that the forums were moderated a bit better, or that the more prolific trolls weren't outright praised for their behaviour by staff.

Back to topic though, has there been any more info on the status of sagas?
    Well, it gets easier if you post your thoughts and then just leave the thread since you already said what you have to say. I get the urge to go back and see what people are saying in response, but it doesn't matter since you already had an opinion (I like the cosmetics), and a bunch of people getting mad about that shouldn't actually change anything.

Founder

Unfortunately it's not surprising. I was told the reason they took pets and cosmetics out of the gold rolls was the playerbase complained.
    Told by whom? Turbine staff has already stated that since forumites are only about 5% of the player base, they don't make any decisions based on what the forumites want. And frankly it would be stupid if they did.

Community Member

sagas are down, 'cause of a "game-breaking" exploit, at least in my book it was. they reacted quite fast on that matter but still there was about 48 hours time frame when it was exploited heavily i also hope they put them back soon, cause i didn't have the chance to get a skill tome or two, but i rather see this thing fully fixed or combined with the mega power creep would be the end of the game.

Unfortunately it's not surprising. I was told the reason they took pets and cosmetics out of the gold rolls was the playerbase complained.
    They took cosmetics out of the gold rolls?! Wahh!

When I logged back in after the update and did my free gold roll for the first time, I got the cannith heavy cosmetic armor. I was so jazzed! Now I can never get cosmetic armor as a reward because people COMPLAINED? I need a bigger frowny-face icon, dammit.

!

Community Member

The purpose of this thread is to remind the desison makers that not everything should be toon power/advancment related

when you say SAGA thats something bards sing about...the stuff from where legends are made...

we need some COOL stuff whether it be from 1 completion or 10....