Community Member

Default Problem with game instaler

Hi, actually I am not new, but I have some problém I don't know how solve.
    I have downloaded standard and high resolution version of game. I can't make them run. It's impossible for me to start download a game.
    I have new Windows 8 notebook with better graphic card etc. than before.
    I have already downloaded LOTRO and other games don't make troubles neither.
    I have tried Windows XP and Windows 7 compatibility and I am administrator on this PC (only account).

Can anyone help me with that? Thanks

(And sorry for bad english ) )

Community Member

not sure what the exact problem is, but i assume you mean you can't install the game.

there should be some sort of error message telling us why you can't install, that would really help us work out what is going wrong.

or you can get DDO from steam which will handle the download and install for you.
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    not sure what the exact problem is, but i assume you mean you can't install the game.

there should be some sort of error message telling us why you can't install, that would really help us work out what is going wrong.

or you can get DDO from steam which will handle the download and install for you.
    I will try steam. I don't have any message. It's about not running at all. I click on icon... system working and nothing...
    I've tried even system restore - in case that problem is in PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Poutnik View Post
    I will try steam. I don't have any message. It's about not running at all. I click on icon... system working and nothing...
    I've tried even system restore - in case that problem is in PC.
    I had this issue too and it was something about the Happy Cloud system which didn't load correctly (also the little blue cloud symbol at the bottom of the desktop didn't show up) or lost connection or whatever. Since I use the DDOpreloader, this issue is gone.