Default How do I remove festival frost?

Sorry to ask, but I had made some lowbie twink weapons in the past. You know, take a +1 acid/pure good weapon and add frost to it from the risia games. It was a ML4 weapon with +3d6 damage.

Sadly since the update they are now ML8. I'm not going to complain about changing the ML for festival items, as I understand the need for game balance. I understand that Pure good is now a +2 enhancement so those items will still be ML6 even without the Festival frost. But I'd like to be able to use them at 6th on my lowbies. Is there any way to remove the festival frost?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesster View Post
    Sorry to ask, but I had made some lowbie twink weapons in the past. You know, take a +1 acid/pure good weapon and add frost to it from the risia games. It was a ML4 weapon with +3d6 damage.

Sadly since the update they are now ML8. I'm not going to complain about changing the ML for festival items, as I understand the need for game balance. I understand that Pure good is now a +2 enhancement so those items will still be ML6 even without the Festival frost. But I'd like to be able to use them at 6th on my lowbies. Is there any way to remove the festival frost?

Thanks!
    I don't believe it's possible. However, you should have no trouble find better replacement gear at that level.

Community Member

Deconstruct the item and craft it back again with Masterful Craftsmanship. Then it will have a ML of 5, but be BtC. unless you can find a BtA rapier to use. +1 Acid of Bleed would be ML:3. From what I gather, the first year Risia Icy Burst thing is not going to be addressed.

Is there any way to remove the festival frost?
    Re-apply festival frost next risia, likely in December but possibly not until February.

Thanks!
    The issue is that you shouldn't have too. All along they said these items were working as intended. I can live with making Pure Good a +2 instead of a +1, although I don't see a need after 7 YEARS!! The Risia Icy Burst stuff though is ridiculous. The hole point of that was to not increase the ML and let us add a little treat to randomly generated loot. Nothing overpowering but giving us a bit more melee damage on a LIMITED number of creatures.

Since the Update I have found over 20 items that I have upgraded form my level 4-8 characters that are unusable. Many of the items were meant for melee casters and have both Glaciation and Icy Burst and have went from ML 4 or 6 to ML 21 or 22. I just looked on my lowbie Dwarven Fighter/Cleric and found my D-Axe which was a +1 Holy of Pure Good ML 6 that I added Icy Burst to went from a ML 6 to an ML 12. But hey, they added an unasked for Paragon to it so no worries.

I know this doesn't effect the overall playerbase, but some sort of a response from above would be nice. "Hey we hosed up and will fix this" or "Gee, after 4 years we decided this is way more overpowered than anything else we have done so go suck eggs" would be nice...or cruel. But at least a response...

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Quote Originally Posted by Eelpout View Post
    The issue is that you shouldn't have too. All along they said these items were working as intended. I can live with making Pure Good a +2 instead of a +1, although I don't see a need after 7 YEARS!! The Risia Icy Burst stuff though is ridiculous. The hole point of that was to not increase the ML and let us add a little treat to randomly generated loot. Nothing overpowering but giving us a bit more melee damage on a LIMITED number of creatures.

Since the Update I have found over 20 items that I have upgraded form my level 4-8 characters that are unusable. Many of the items were meant for melee casters and have both Glaciation and Icy Burst and have went from ML 4 or 6 to ML 21 or 22. I just looked on my lowbie Dwarven Fighter/Cleric and found my D-Axe which was a +1 Holy of Pure Good ML 6 that I added Icy Burst to went from a ML 6 to an ML 12. But hey, they added an unasked for Paragon to it so no worries.

I know this doesn't effect the overall playerbase, but some sort of a response from above would be nice. "Hey we hosed up and will fix this" or "Gee, after 4 years we decided this is way more overpowered than anything else we have done so go suck eggs" would be nice...or cruel. But at least a response...
    This has been brought up numerous times and has been addressed. They changed the overall system to auto calculate minimum levels. The problem is that the old timey risia ice recipes are coded the same way as regular frost and icy burst on items, and the system can't differentiate between them.

Nobody intentionally nerfed your weapons. It's an unintended side effect.

I'ts also pretty ridiculous the way the people complaining about this hold up a weapon, such as a +1 acid of pure good, and act as though they had found the friggin' holy grail. Move on with the times. There's color tv now. That weapon isn't worth pining over.

Any news on when we get a fix for this?
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Could see this coming the moment they added the Festivult prefix not retroactive.

Nothing says devs should leave it as it is, some intervention would be appreciated.
    If the problem is thereos nothing to tell apart the frost on weapons, they may still let us do something with that frost.

For example, a way to remove it entirely. That'd let us 'recover' some base items and refrost, while losing past effort.
    A way to turn frost into festivult frost would be best for us of course, keeping the past effort.
    There might be some middle point, maybe adding a mastercraft recipe to the risia altar, or something alike.