Thread: Cosmetic Armor

Default Cosmetic Armor

I like the idea of having bta cosmetic armors, and I already bought some.

I wanted you to ask, if we can have more? There are just a few to choose per armor type.

Sometimes I find an item with an interesting skin, but the item is edit: not so good. Can you put an item in store to extract the skin into a cosmetic armor prototype? So we can get our custom cosmetic armors? I hope the idea is clear, and it is not too hard to implement.

Great fan, having fun TR'ing a toon and getting level cap on another at the moment.

Community Member

Or, we cut out that obnoxious kit system completely and finally implement cosmetic armor in a way that makes sense: let us put real matching armor in the apparel slot.

But of course the bean counters would say that probably wouldn't monetize so well, so it ain't going to happen.
    Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    Or, we cut out that obnoxious kit system completely and finally implement cosmetic armor in a way that makes sense: let us put real matching armor in the apparel slot.

But of course the bean counters would say that probably wouldn't monetize so well, so it ain't going to happen.
    That would be nice. Some of the standard skins are just too nice to waste for randomized gear.

There are several ways turbine could make profit out from it. Either charge money (one-time) for unlock or offer prototypes (of course a little cheaper than premium cosmetic armors) to transform a random item into a bta cosmetic armor.

Free or not. Just make this happen.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-26-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Wonder why they didn't launch it with a wider selection of skins.
    I can only find the same skins of armor kits and not even in all colors.
    I went with leaf on green kit and the store only have it in red.

And hats? just the pirate hat.
    The same thing happened when they released the Three-Cornered Hat.
    Since then there were only fluffy hats, nothing to pair with armor kits, let alone regular armor.

And that's not going into the old fancy-or-not dilemma.
    It'd be nice to have a metal helmet and armor for a knight that wants to look like one.
    You know, without spikes, horns, skulls, oversized shoulders, and all such motifs.
    Or a decent hood for a rogue, which isn't quite the same as the ninja style.
    At least they heard and gave the wizard's pointy hat, that's a start.

Yeah, I wonder when and if we are getting all old armor kit skins back. I don't understand what is taking them that long to transfer the old armor kits to the new cosmetic armor system. The skins/models of the armors are already in the code so basically they just have to put them on a new item.

And what I also don't get is why they are putting time into the creation of new cosmetic armors before they finished transforming all old armor kits into the new cosmetic armors.

Or if that's not possible in a timely manner, why don't you give us the old armor kits back which are still not transfered to the new cosmetic armor system? I am not paying the current prices of cosmetic armors for a skin which is not as good as my favourite skin, especially if I can't understand why I can't buy my favourite armor skin anymore.

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

/signed

Bought some at last sale too. Too many awful looking armors to cover with some cosmetics.
    EXTREME PREJUDICE™ - by Turbine.

GHOSTBANE™ - by Turbine.