Community Member

Default Buying the Expansion

Can I ask why I'm asked to create a new account when attempting to purchase the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion in the DDO Market?

It makes me too nervous to go through with the purchase. It feels like it would be applied to the new account and waste my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallaphant2009 View Post
    Can I ask why I'm asked to create a new account when attempting to purchase the Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion in the DDO Market?

It makes me too nervous to go through with the purchase. It feels like it would be applied to the new account and waste my money.
    Who is asking you to make a new account? Is it Turbine or their vendor? When you buy the expansion, their vendor generates a key for you, and you log into your Turbine account and add it. If you bought MotU, you should already have an account with them.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Customer Service Representative

When you checkout on the DDO Market website and it asks you to create a new account, it is not for a new Turbine account. You just need to enter in your email address so that product keys can be sent to you, and enter a password so you can check on the status of the order if the payment takes some time to process. You will then redeem the keys on the MyAccount website.
    DDO Support Page / DDO Knowledge Base / Account Support / Tech Support / Game Download / Forum Support / In-Game Support / Character Transfers
    They all can now be found here: http://support.turbine.com/ To submit a ticket click on the 'Submit a Ticket' link.

English Account Management Phone Support: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)
    2:00 pm to 6:00 pm Eastern (GMT -5)
    Monday-Friday

Contact us on Twitter @DDOUnlimited