Default So I'm going to have to install DDO *again*...

Looks like my hard drive where Windows 7 and my steam games (including DDO) reside is getting ready to die. Things are slooooow and it's not feasible to do anything with steam on the original drive through the original W7 install, but I can use a windows-linux (UBCD4Win) boot CD to access the drive that is getting ready to croak.

So, are there any files I can copy over from my dying drive from my Steam install of DDO to save myself the 6.023x10^23 hours it's going to take for Steam to d/l and reinstall from scratch? I have a 2nd HD installed that I can use for storage.
    FYI, when I summon an earth elemental, it's not a "he," it's a "she." And her name is Pebbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_Principle View Post
    Looks like my hard drive where Windows 7 and my steam games (including DDO) reside is getting ready to die. Things are slooooow and it's not feasible to do anything with steam on the original drive through the original W7 install, but I can use a windows-linux (UBCD4Win) boot CD to access the drive that is getting ready to croak.

So, are there any files I can copy over from my dying drive from my Steam install of DDO to save myself the 6.023x10^23 hours it's going to take for Steam to d/l and reinstall from scratch? I have a 2nd HD installed that I can use for storage.
    You can copy the entire DDO Folder, should then just need to download the required dotnet files.
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Actually, it's pretty easy to copy your entire Steam install to a different folder / HDD; basically you just need to copy the "SteamApps\" folder and Steam.exe.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7418-YUBN-8129