Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    I believe (not in game currently) that the description for the combat archery feat has changed and now only says that it increases the damage by 1W and gives 2% dodge when using a bow. It no longer makes any mention of needing to be within point blank shot range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    Combat Archery
    Requires: Point Blank Shot
    Requires: DEX 21
    Epic Feat: Your ranged damage is increased by +1[W]. You gain a 2% Dodge bonus while using a ranged weapon.

Good catch Celt and gratz to CThru for coming to the conclusion he did without actually reading the Tooltip. By doing so he provides further evidence that his testing was sound and that CA is working. Mind you those who 'feel' it is not will likely remain unconvinced.
    LOL! Yep, just checked it in game myself. I double checked every feat and enhancement I had to make sure I wasn't missing some extra damage somewhere. The only feat I didn't bother to check, was the one I was actually testing. Doh! It just hadn't occurred to me that this change might be intentional.

So then the results fit perfectly with what would be expected and I would say this test is conclusive. Thank you both for helping me solve this mystery. +1 to both of you.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Well...

Does it work with throwers?

Simple way to test btw, I just have no one with the feat: Walk into abbot with a friend who can rez, beat him down to get the doors, and walk through one of them. Suicide, get rezzed by the friend and walk through another until you get to roids (the circular platform with 4 stacks of boulders), pick up one stack of boulders, and jump off the edge. If you jump, you should still have your boulders upon rezzing. They have a [W] being a flat 200, making it very easy to test. It is augmented by point blank shot, I already know.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Well...

Does it work with throwers?

Simple way to test btw, I just have no one with the feat: Walk into abbot with a friend who can rez, beat him down to get the doors, and walk through one of them. Suicide, get rezzed by the friend and walk through another until you get to roids (the circular platform with 4 stacks of boulders), pick up one stack of boulders, and jump off the edge. If you jump, you should still have your boulders upon rezzing. They have a [W] being a flat 200, making it very easy to test. It is augmented by point blank shot, I already know.
    I thought about testing throwers but didn't want to invest the time since no one would take combat archery for the sole purpose of boosting their thrower damage. Although your method does seem pretty quick and easy.

I still probably won't spend the time to find out though, unless I'm really bored, lol.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

yes it does not work still broken for arty fr sure theres absolutely no change in damage if it was working I see my max damage rolls changes an adition 10 damage base and geuss what doesn't worl hasn't worked since motu and I don't type well so not getting in be ass explination but if ya put in a question to gm about in in general ticket system they tell you to subit a buf report with no definitive awser it works or doesn't work so ya know what that mans its still bugged if there telling ya to submit a bug report

if it was working it show with actualt highest and lowest damage rolls specially vs a dummy and theres absolutely xero change taking avr damage over x amount of second aint going to do jack till ya say empty a whole entire 1000 stack of bolts and if ya see szeo damage chang before the feat and after then its not working hello

I have two comments to make. If you want respond to them, then I'll be happy to continue this discussion. If you don't want to respond to those two comments, then there is nothing more for me to say.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcard1978 View Post
    yes it does not work still broken for arty fr sure theres absolutely no change in damage
    theres absolutely xero change . . . if ya see szeo damage chang before the feat and after then its not working hello
    First of all, my testing does show a change in damage. You still haven't offered any possible explanation for why I did see that change. Please explain why testing with combat archery in my tests shows an increase in damage.

if it was working I see my max damage rolls changes an adition 10 damage base and geuss what doesn't worl hasn't worked since motu and I don't type well so not getting in be ass explination but if ya put in a question to gm about in in general ticket system they tell you to subit a buf report with no definitive awser it works or doesn't work so ya know what that mans its still bugged if there telling ya to submit a bug report
    Second, you have not explained how you did your testing and how you came to the conclusion that combat archery is not working. Please provides details about your testing so I/we can try to figure out why you are not seeing any difference in damage.

Also, GMs are rarely talkative or informative. They usually follow a very scripted dialogue. So I wouldn't expect them to acknowledge the functional status of combat archery. So if they told you to bug report it, that doesn't mean anything. They aren't going to get into a discussion with you to help you figure out what is going on. They will just tell you to bug report it and let someone else look at those details.

Please respond directly to my comments above to further this discussion. Or just keep providing free bumps to this thread to help spread the word about the positive changes to combat archery.

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    I have two comments to make. If you want respond to them, then I'll be happy to continue this discussion. If you don't want to respond to those two comments, then there is nothing more for me to say.
    Seriously CThru, don't even bother responding to him. He's clearly not swapped in the feat and just saying what he recalls from around MOTU release and not actually testing anything. On my Arti-Wizogue repeater build it clearly bumps my damage way up over previous much as indicated by the testing. Thanks for validating it with numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    Seriously CThru, don't even bother responding to him. He's clearly not swapped in the feat and just saying what he recalls from around MOTU release and not actually testing anything. On my Arti-Wizogue repeater build it clearly bumps my damage way up over previous much as indicated by the testing. Thanks for validating it with numbers.
    I realize he doesn't have a valid argument or point, but he is helping to spread the word by continuing to bump this thread. So be it. But if he doesn't address my two points, I won't be responding to him again.

Total thread necro but I was wondering does this +1[W] stack with the Artificer buff Deadly Weapons? If so then that is soooo full of win!

Stoner81.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    Total thread necro but I was wondering does this +1[W] stack with the Artificer buff Deadly Weapons? If so then that is soooo full of win!

Stoner81.
    Yes, it does.

Community Member

Thank you for allowing us to select this feat with increased confidence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12