Community Member

Default barb/rogue/bard 6/6/8 question

I had heard from my guildmate that they ran with a 6/6/8 b/r/bard multiclass that was totally amazing. I am trying to wrap my head around it and understand how this might work... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrag View Post
    I had heard from my guildmate that they ran with a 6/6/8 b/r/bard multiclass that was totally amazing. I am trying to wrap my head around it and understand how this might work... Thanks!
    Well the bard 8 levels im guessing is going to net you the dmg from courage as well as the add on dmg and hit from the enhancements. It will also give you your average spells for efficiency like displacement, haste, rage, and some other fluff stuff. As well as wand and scroll mastery 75%, 6% doublestrike, and couple other things.

Barb 6 is going to net you vicous on your weapon as well as quick boosts in power for your dmg, more action boosts, some cc now, fast as hell runspeed, the you can't touch me button, ect.

Rog is going to net you all the sp you need. You can do traps, you can jack up the heal skill, you can jack up the bluff skill, umd everything ect. It's also going to stack dodge and reflex saves, give you some nice SA dmg when you helpless something, and give you even more boosts and dmg and stuff from it's tree.

Basically theirs no end to how anyone can make a self reliant good dmg character at end.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

This sounds really interesting, might use it on a different server. Could anyone provide a build? Or dissuade me from undertaking a possible time dump?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris-Niatellim View Post
    This sounds really interesting, might use it on a different server. Could anyone provide a build? Or dissuade me from undertaking a possible time dump?
    The build has a lot of possible power but some pitfalls as well. Rage is an important facet of barbarian, but while you are raged you can't cast spells (negating much benefit from bard) or use scrolls (negating much benefit from rogue and bard). That said, if played smartly and carefully you can avoid this pitfall and have a character that has enough UMD to cast anything from scrolls (including heal scrolls, tensor's, GH, etc), has some healing and buffing without scrolls (haste, displacement, cure serious, remove curse, etc), can open any lock, find/disable any trap, deal wicked damage with sneak attack + barb rage + radiance + deception + tensor's + bard songs, has damage avoidance with evasion + blur + displacement + healing spells. Just remember you are a melee, not a caster, so your stats, feats, and equipment should reflect this (and spell selection).

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    The build has a lot of possible power but some pitfalls as well. Rage is an important facet of barbarian, but while you are raged you can't cast spells (negating much benefit from bard) or use scrolls (negating much benefit from rogue and bard). That said, if played smartly and carefully you can avoid this pitfall and have a character that has enough UMD to cast anything from scrolls (including heal scrolls, tensor's, GH, etc), has some healing and buffing without scrolls (haste, displacement, cure serious, remove curse, etc), can open any lock, find/disable any trap, deal wicked damage with sneak attack + barb rage + radiance + deception + tensor's + bard songs, has damage avoidance with evasion + blur + displacement + healing spells. Just remember you are a melee, not a caster, so your stats, feats, and equipment should reflect this (and spell selection).
    Hahaha sounds like a really fun class, and I mean if you screw up, dismiss rage and do it right XD. Have no idea how to assemble such a build tho. I probably should research for a month or two and come up with a multiclass I like. I mean multi-classing sounds so much fun now.

8 bard is probably for the past life feat, probably took barb 1st so he can get barb speed, and then 2 rogue for traps, then bard till he has trouble with traps and take rogue again.
    Thats how I did 5-6 lifes, but instead of bard I went with fighter for pl, 3 times 8 or more rogue.
    With new enhancements idk how would I do it.