Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    I am all for balance in gear. This current system doesn't provide it. They invalidated all of the work of anything previous to this expansion, including the stuff from the past paid expansion.
    I still have weapons from the raid that are better than any random stuff ive seen drop, rings that have +2 insight, +8 dodge, and +5 combat tactics on the same ring, drow weapons - not alot of the previous expansion loot is invalidated. More GH loot is invalidated than MOTU stuff.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    I am all for balance in gear. This current system doesn't provide it. They invalidated all of the work of anything previous to this expansion, including the stuff from the past paid expansion.
    Not on my build. I'm still decked out in named gear, fully slotted up to the eyeballs.

With the exception of 1 GS MinII HP item, 1 guild slot crafted item and 2 or 3 cannith crafted item the rest is all named.

If you can suggest an alternative loadout of random gear that gives me more than what I currently have then I'd be very interested to hear it

There's some nice level 28 stuff, but a lot of the new random lootgen stuff isn't quite so awesome when you try and fit it into a build that isn't one dimensional.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    The problem isn't the power creep. More power will come simply with higher levels.

The problem is they increased the level cap in a very sloppy way.
    I respectfully disagree. Imagine my sadness and disgust upon completing various quests in the Wheloon Prison arc ... min level 15 +8 stat items. Totally unnecessary. It IS the power creep.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I like it. All chests matter now. All optionals matter now, because they produce chests, where you can get the best loot in the game from. It encourages people to play the entire game rather than hit up the 4 or 5 quests/raids the gear they want is in. We also dont have to read these posts where only raid mobs matter, only 2% of the game matters, only end game matters, etc.

That being said, I believe they could upgrade some of this raid loot and named items to at least be on par with the new random loot rather than being a step behind it. I dont feel it needs to be the only thing people ever want to get their hands on however.
    That's a valid game design choice, yes. That's more like what you see in classic dungeon crawlers like Diablo 2...you crawl the dungeon because any mob at any time could drop something useful and valuable for you. Mobs don't drop in DDO, but the idea is the same.

The problem with that is the game isn't designed to support that kind of loot-hunt mechanic. If you want to have that kind of system - as opposed to the classic WoW-style quest-for-named-loot gameplay, where there's a fixed objective rather than an open-ended hunt, then you have to have some mechanics to improve your items - you cant just have "oh it dropped, I'm done now".

D2 had runewords, it had gem combining and Horadric Cube recipes, it had upgrading uniques, etc....there was always still something to "work towards", not just a binary "have/don't have" system.

Community Member

I am very sad to have involved in the changes the game is taking.
    I just joined a couple of months ago and spent some money in the game, still waiting to buy and play some other content.
    For what regard me, i'm not going to take any more level other than 25, as lvl from 25 on are just a joke to all us.
    For the exact reason that there are no item for that level apart those autogenerated.
    Probably i'm going to stop playing anyway but it hurts the new items that are no good, as broke the others items and have no appeal. i'm not playing to have +7 or increase to uber +9 or +12.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12