Thumbs down New Daily Bonus The Red X

I have took note of every time the old lady and I have logged on in the past 5 days. Out of the 35 times we have got a red x on loading 33 times out of the 35 attempts. Is this a new daily bonus like the XP.

This is very frustrating and tonight we got it two times in a row each. Nothing says go watch TV or troll on FB like this.

Anyone else out there in DDO land having such a issue with this. Thanks
    Going MAdD

ya its still going on, i kinda think thats why they changed the launcher, now at least you can start both up log into one. pick server and toon let that load, then in the 2nd launcher log in but dont pick server till the first one fails.

Quote Originally Posted by eldrytch75 View Post
    I have took note of every time the old lady and I have logged on in the past 5 days. Out of the 35 times we have got a red x on loading 33 times out of the 35 attempts. Is this a new daily bonus like the XP.

This is very frustrating and tonight we got it two times in a row each. Nothing says go watch TV or troll on FB like this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eldrytch75 View Post
    I had this issue too, but now it's gone (except a crash occasionally when entering the Sands). What did I do? I use the DDOpreloader and changed in the sound options generic hardware audio to generic software audio.

Community Member

Default DDO Preloader

I've been using it too and it worked great up until U19. Now I'm still back to being redboxed the first time I log in. Not that big a deal since I'm used to it, but make sure that you select the "keep launcher open" option so you can log back in easily.

I have been getting the red link more often than before, on a rig that can run the game fine.

Loading a lv 4 toon first is not quite working these days.
    Used to log safely on a low lv toon with few hotbars, to then relog into the high level toons with lots of hotbars.
    (besides i also ran out of slots for this)

Tweaking textures cache for faster load seems to no longer work for this, it's so "last year".

At some point on the loading screen i resort to varied vodoo like pressing esc repeteadly or toggle between fullscreen windowed in hopes of getting the loading unstuck.

Will try this preloader i hear, but would still like ppl to keep reporting this so it climbs the legendary bug list just like the ole bank monster did

Cool Thanks for the tips

It sure is annoying I just got it again. I am getting to the point where I will leave the launcher open and just alt f4 the first connection every time. Nothing says go away like getting the red X all the time.

I was going to renew out VIP accounts Friday but now I wonder if I should wait...
    Going MAdD

Thumbs up Was Haveing the Red X thing logging in too

Quote Originally Posted by Texlaw1992 View Post
    I've been using it too and it worked great up until U19. Now I'm still back to being redboxed the first time I log in. Not that big a deal since I'm used to it, but make sure that you select the "keep launcher open" option so you can log back in easily.
    The DDO Loader seems to be working fine for me still.

Thx to the person who developed it.
    Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella. ~Pepper Giardino