Community Member

Default Self healing Monk

Long time lurker here needing some insight into the new enh pass. Want monk to be able to self heal well, melee well, range well and get traps.

I'm playing a halfing 12monk, 6ranger, 2rogue, dex based, light side with dragon marks. Been happy with pretty much the whole thing other than cannot achieve over crit due to str and the healing could be better. Dragon marks (4) are healing for 500ish in emergency situations but I could use more of them. Healing ki move is lacking but it's all I see as help.

Does having double the procs on weapons when using kama/SS make up for the faster swinging/ki generation with wraps?

The whole bundle just seems to work better dex based though melee would be better I think str based.

I tried staff and the ki generation was way worse than short swords.

Yes I would like to solo EH.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

Outside of combat you can also use Wholesome of the Body.

GMT + 2

Like every other melee, either cocoon with devotion , scroll healing ( umd or helf dilletante ) preferrably with some scroll mastery, or combination of both.
    In addition work on better defences ( dodge , prr, blurry, ghostly/ shadowfade , better saves and heal amp, displace clickies ).
    But unless super gimpy toon, solo in EH you take so little damage, cocoon or few heal scrolls is really all you need.
    In your case, cheap devo from Derpwood sniper, some from Shintao, scroll mastery from rogue, twist cocoon and get devo from somewhere on gear ( Fot gloves or boots, red augment in weapon/offhand, Shamanic Fetish if you don't use Citw weapons ).
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda