Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Will Cannith crafting also be updated?

The crafting system which maxes out at lvl 20 is getting a bit outdated since max lvl is now 28.
    Is there an upcoming update to address this?

Community Member

I recall some where else in some other thread it being said, "no" to this question. Which is unfortunate as a lot of cool stuff has been added since crafting was put in, and it would be nice to be able to craft it.

Magic Hateball says: "unlikely".

this was discussed in lammania by dev's and players during an event. (now that NDA is removed) - there are no concrete plans, Dev's really want to - and so they are pushing to update cannith crafting maybe early 2014 (so maybe update 21-22)

Really want this updated - along with trap crafting. Until then will continue to stockpile essences etc

Community Member

Would be nice if they added a lot of the new random item effects that didn't exist at the time as well. Cannith crafting should at least be able to get close to approximating random items.
    Tajawuka 9 monk/8 ranger/3 arti AA (3 ranger/monk/fighter pl's) - Toolbots working on Morninglord Cleric life #2 (3 wizard/sorc/druid pl) - Evisra 28 rogue

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrok View Post
    Would be nice if they added a lot of the new random item effects that didn't exist at the time as well. Cannith crafting should at least be able to get close to approximating random items.

IMO crafting should be able to make ANY prefix/suffix that is in the game, aside from special raid loot effects (although by it'd be interesting to allow that if you deconstructed the raid item into an ingredient.... that'd be an unwelcome change by alot of people since they'd complain people would then not trade/roll for raid loot anymore)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    IMO crafting should be able to make ANY prefix/suffix that is in the game, aside from special raid loot effects (although by it'd be interesting to allow that if you deconstructed the raid item into an ingredient.... that'd be an unwelcome change by alot of people since they'd complain people would then not trade/roll for raid loot anymore)
    I do agree that standard crafting should have limits since some items should be special ( hence one of the reasons you are running the quest in the first place).

A crafting update is needed since DDO is pushing epic ( 20+) which typical cannot even get close to since the current limit for a weapon is +5.

I see no reason to craft anything after lvl 20 which is truly sad.
    We still get essences during epic quests but nothing we can craft will currently compare to a +7 con w/ 35hp ring, etc you can buy at AH.

DDO has effectively taken crafting out of the equation for epic.

They should learn a little from #4 from this topic:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things...saints-row-iv/

They held back on a system that allows 1 prefix and 1 suffix as magical properties out of "balance", yet all the power the system could possibly give us was already surpassed by anything back then, and even more by now.

The flexibility to use it for level-up - which was my sole reason to use it - got sabotaged as a consequence, especially because of those terrible shards of potential.

IMO, aside from adding the new effects, they should get rid of those terrible shards of potential OR heighten the minimum potential level to about lvl 15 so lowbies can make good stuff easier OR make the current potential stick on a weapon even after a new deconstruction so you can keep upgrading it as you level up.

TL;DR: Let people have fun with good weapons, for god's sake.
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

the user level is capped at 20. which i think is great. but u can craft up to +15 potential items. which with the level formula is up to minimum level 29. so what im saying. take a +5 weapon add +5 or +6 prefix and +4 sufix(there are more then one and the level will be 20.yet it will should very well be minimum level 29. don't see me complaining.
    what i do want to know is .can we get a higher enchantment then +5 ? the only reason after level 20 my toon had only 1 crafted item on it was the power limit of the items i had.
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP

Community Member

I would also love to see Cannith crafting updated to equate with current random items.
    I don't think it should make more powerful items, but at least we should be able to make the equivalent of "normal" green random drops.
    They can keep Masterful and Exquisite items as random only drops.

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlade View Post
    I do agree that standard crafting should have limits since some items should be special ( hence one of the reasons you are running the quest in the first place).

A crafting update is needed since DDO is pushing epic ( 20+) which typical cannot even get close to since the current limit for a weapon is +5.

I see no reason to craft anything after lvl 20 which is truly sad.
    I just crafted something for my level 21 ranger: Flaming Burst longbow of Greater Dragon Bane. With ML 16 ruby of flame, as did not have an ML 20 handy. No pluses at all, since they won't stack with +4 from Arcane Archer.

Can you say "specialized"?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I just crafted something for my level 21 ranger: Flaming Burst longbow of Greater Dragon Bane. With ML 16 ruby of flame, as did not have an ML 20 handy. No pluses at all, since they won't stack with +4 from Arcane Archer.

Can you say "specialized"?
    you may want to stick a +1 on it. I tried using crafted weapons with no + on them, and they don't count as magical weapons, which a lot of creatures require you to use for the sake of hitting them. I don't know if the AA arrows will substitute for this, it might.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    you may want to stick a +1 on it. I tried using crafted weapons with no + on them, and they don't count as magical weapons, which a lot of creatures require you to use for the sake of hitting them. I don't know if the AA arrows will substitute for this, it might.
    If the AA bonus ones don't, the free arrows should being +1 Returning Arrows and all

Quote Originally Posted by NCBlade View Post
    The crafting system which maxes out at lvl 20 is getting a bit outdated since max lvl is now 28.
    Is there an upcoming update to address this?
    no

is not a good idea? we know, but turbine loves releasing new and broken stuff instead than updating, balancing or fixing old one
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

I wish.. sadly most likely not for awhile. SHOULD have been updated with this recent update to coincide with the new loot generation.. now crafting is even MORE useless. Granted can still make some nice twink weapons and the Paragon/Epic feature is nice with master crafting shards. I'd give an arm and a leg if I could craft Deadly or Ghostbane though..
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

If there is only one change, then i would like it to be Spellsight added to the craftable shards.

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

I enjoy being able to craft a lot and I would love to see levels being raised to 200 or maybe even more in the future.

So many new things have been added to the game since crafting was introduced, it would be awesome if they would raise the levels. Maybe one day they'll just do that :-)

Community Member

Its kind of a tough call... on the one hand I would eat my hat to see new prefixes/suffixes and just to be able to custom-craft things like deadly and seeking(seeker on an equipped item). Easily 90% of the random loot I see is useless simply because it doesn't fit into my gear setup. I'm not going to rebuild my gear around one or 2 pieces of random loot just to get that Seeker +4.

On the other hand: I have and still make a huge number of specialized weapons and boss-beaters. I have a lovely 2[W] +5 Holy Burst Repeating Heavy Crossbow of Dragon Bane and another of Greater Evil Outsider Bane. I make specialized boss beaters like that all the time because they are really frickin handy, and with the current ruleset I can use them AT 20, not 25-29 or wherever their "true" minimum level would actually fall.

The same goes for a lot of my gear. I happen to like the content around level 20 better than the later stuff, so I typically just sprint to 20 and then sort of chill there forever. Nearly all my guys where crafted gear because then they can have +6 stat of +13 skill with a second +6 stat augment crystal... all for ML20. Sure, there is ML25 gear that beats it, but not much ML20.

So its a very tough call, to say the least.

If I had my way, not that anyone will likely agree with me, I'd like to just see an "epic" cannith crafting, or just something that lets us keep the advantages of the current system.

All that being said I'd still drive over a litter of puppies to be able to craft a night's grasp of the sun's fury weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Yes, AA arrows do substitute for that, as do crafted arrows. Besides, I do not think any dragons in DDO have DR/Magic.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Adding my voice, for what it's worth, to any push to get Cannith Crafting updated to use the new lootgen suffixes and prefixes. Its very confusing for new/returning players - the folks I'm thinking of really didn't understand why there was a difference. "See", they said, "this is exactly why we quit DDO in the first place, they never do anything thoroughly across the whole game, always some half arsed piecemeal approach. Like, we love the new enhancements... but why aren't they finished for all classes?".

That
    is how this kind of delay or omission from an update looks to new or returning players.

Anyway. In terms of how they could update the system:

I would like to see primarily the new equipment suffixes/prefixes make an appearance so there's at least some parity for things like boots, goggles etc ('deadly' and 'speed' enhancements for example being something I was very disappointed to learn I could not craft for my returning player buddies, having to settle for a basic, and lesser, striding and attack bonus enhancement).

I'm less concerned about weaponry simply because mobs haven't really had a HP pass or anything, so weapons are just as effective as they always were, even if they're *less* effective than random lootgen weapons. A screaming of bleeding is still effective against 90% of mobs in the game right up to L20, I'm not having any problems with that on any of my characters. My DPS comparitive to other players is of course lower, but I don't much care about that - I can still solo effectively so I don't consider that a problem. But the slot consolidation offered by a lucky lootgen pull should be replicable by Cannith Crafting somehow.

That's not to say I don't want to see the weapon prefix/suffixes in Cannith Crafting, I absolutely do. I'm just saying if things had to be prioritised, then - personally - I'd rather it was gear than weapons that got updated first. My personal preferences are based on my playstyle and attitude, YMMV, I'm not not NOT saying weapon prefixes/suffixes should be ignored, and nor should the community view on what should be done first. Just saying 'equipment would be MY priority'.

As for the weapons, it is my understanding that random loot gen has a chance to generate a special quality with certain prefix/suffixes (screaming and shock can both generate tempestuous for example). I think this *could* be repeated in Cannith Crafting - perhaps if you use a "masterful crafting" ingredient (or a new ingredient AVAILABLE VIA PREDICTABLE IN GAME GAME REWARD LIKE FAVOUR NOT RANDOM DROP OR STORE-ONLY) on a weapon after it has had prefix/suffix added then it could add one of these extra qualities? I mean, it IS a magical item made by a master at that point, and SOMEONE has to be making all the loot that drops in chests...
    Last edited by dunklezhan; 11-09-2013 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast