Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hero

Default ShadowfellEffect was cool one time. Now it just gives me a headache.

Please for the love of anything, is there anything we can do about this? I understand the flavor and what not but after trying to farm slayers and journals, it gave me and everyone in my party a huge headache. It tough to see, makes me sqwint and just no fun after the first 100 times. It's also convinced me that I will not farm this anymore, on any toon. There's a reason I don't run around constantly while "shadow walking".

Note that I am not asking for removal, but there has got to be a way to tone this down. Right now it's at 100, it needs to be a 10-15.

Totally agree. Most people I play with have the same dislike. The constant squinting to see through the purplish haze is a strain on the eyes and headache inducing for many people. I'd like to see the effect for about 10 seconds, enough time to make it obvious that it's there and then have the visual effect fade away. Put an icon on the screen (like demon web) indicating the effect is in place. What could be a really great area to run around in is really hurt by over doing this special effect.
    A wise man once said that if you don't know the answer to something there is no shame in simply saying "I don't know."

Have you done what goes up? The flying effect is worse, that actually causes motion sickness. I literally can't play it anymore.

I'll take the Shadowfell effect over the What goes up stuff...
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

I used to almost get sick from the drunk effect in WoW. Of course, the simple solution to that was simply not to get drunk, except for that one fighter challenge quest where you had to drink and then go kill mobs.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Have you done what goes up? The flying effect is worse, that actually causes motion sickness. I literally can't play it anymore.
    That wouldn't surprise me one bit. The couple of times I ran WGU (all on EE) as soon as we stepped on the platform 50 monsters spawned insta red alerting and everyone in the quest froze and wiped. Now if we had zerged past monster I would say we were careless and deserved it but after meticulously clearing the path up. I gave up on running that quest to see if it gets tweaked in a patch. Here's to hoping. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    I'll take the Shadowfell effect over the What goes up stuff...
    OMG OMG OMG!! Did an EE what goes up, were were having a hard time with it so the part with the shaddows and shaddowfell effect was SO SICKENING, the insane bright whiteout followed by the shaddowfell effect was brutally aweful and extremely unpleasant. Devs I hope you are listening. Tspoon
    On Khyber: Tchopstick, Tablespoon, Pspoon, Tsirio, Silvr, Ladle, Forq, Sporkk, Tspatula

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me one bit. The couple of times I ran WGU (all on EE) as soon as we stepped on the platform 50 monsters spawned insta red alerting and everyone in the quest froze and wiped. Now if we had zerged past monster I would say we were careless and deserved it but after meticulously clearing the path up. I gave up on running that quest to see if it gets tweaked in a patch. Here's to hoping. :/
    Yeah that didn't bother us too much as I had a high enough earthquake dc to put everything on it's back except for shadarkai assassins. At least I got a pair of ee boots from that run as it really isn't runnable by me at this point.

I do slayers until the shadowfell effect comes. That is my queue to recall and reset. There is no way I'm playing in that environmental effect. They should have just made it get darker with maybe a purpley sky.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    I do slayers until the shadowfell effect comes. That is my queue to recall and reset. There is no way I'm playing in that environmental effect. They should have just made it get darker with maybe a purpley sky.
    pretty sure unlike the darkening from the kings forest which was spawned by nearby drow, the shadowfell is area based rather then random. the north area, especially the few buildings north of old stone seem to always have it there. sure there are some places it randomly pops up, but by traveling a short distance away (usually 1-2 buildings over) and its not there, but still is in the previous spot. so, it doesnt seem to follow mobs and thus IMO isnt a reason to recall.

Reading all this is making me glad I decided to wait before buying this pack.
    Between the punishing visual effects and the pay-to-teleport shenanigans... I'm pretty sure I won't bother with the pack at all, even on sale.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

They should have made it much more like the end quest in wheloon. It is not anywhere near as bad.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member

Yeah those effects are incredibly annoying, I keep catching myself hunching over close and squinting at the screen to make out what's going on. NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer had you going to the Plane of Shadow and it wasn't anywhere near as painful, instead of blurry purple effects everywhere it was just straight up black and white.

/signed.

Cool once, then it becomes disturbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    I don't think you get a choice.. you are Rys's minion..

Does anyone have any idea what the effect is for?
    What does it signify?

The darkening effect of the drow had some effects, but the shadowfell one has me wondering if there's a purpose behind it or if it's basically just an eye candy effect.

(On topic - The effect doesn't bother me much, other than it comes and goes seemingly at random and has no real effect or purpose as far as I can tell.)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

I don't mind the effect so much (I actually kind of like it), I just mind how long it lasts. It would be much more bearable if it did not last as long and had a definite trigger--I'm sure not sure what causes it. The Netherese Arcanists? If the Arcanists are the cause, it would be nicer if it ended on their death (or something similarly lore-appropriate).

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

/signed.

It is too strong of an effect.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    So basically what you're saying here is playing this content will make my computer explode?
    Just want to be clear before I ever try this.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

I'm wondering when somebody is going to get a Pikachu Seizure from it...

It's definitely too hard an effect... Look at Barbarian Rage, the red haze don't bother anybody, still it's there.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Reading all this is making me glad I decided to wait before buying this pack.
    Between the punishing visual effects and the pay-to-teleport shenanigans... I'm pretty sure I won't bother with the pack at all, even on sale.
    Good call, I wish I had done the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast