Thread: sad times =(

Default sad times =(

Hi guys Ive just returned after a long break , I'm so eager to play I really enjoy questing with people and enjoying company.

More now than ever I find myself logged in with nothing to do , No groups , no one joining mine. (im 19 cleric at mo)

When I login i'm excited to play DDO but usually log out after wasting about 3 hours of time doing nothing , The current build I have is not strong enough to solo play and after an hour of trying to solo I usually fail.

I'm getting so disgruntled with DDO now, I want to enjoy it I really do but the state of my server at the current time is making me want to leave for good and pick up another mmo.

Does any one else find this problem ? and what do you do to overcome it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Axelza View Post
    Hi guys Ive just returned after a long break , I'm so eager to play I really enjoy questing with people and enjoying company.

More now than ever I find myself logged in with nothing to do , No groups , no one joining mine. (im 19 cleric at mo)

When I login i'm excited to play DDO but usually log out after wasting about 3 hours of time doing nothing , The current build I have is not strong enough to solo play and after an hour of trying to solo I usually fail.

I'm getting so disgruntled with DDO now, I want to enjoy it I really do but the state of my server at the current time is making me want to leave for good and pick up another mmo.

The days of pugging are done. This is a result of dev decisions and players play styles.

You are also a 19th level cleric. Many people doing TR's stop at level 18 and then hold xp until they hit 20. This keeps vale quests in play a long time (Especially with the changes to xp ransack).

Also the expansion (their term not mine), launched a week ago. People are still busy re-capping their high level toons and abusing the new content. Once that settles down in a week or two, you'll see people return to the mad TR dash and there will be a few more groups.

But DDO can be lonely if your not in an active guild or channel.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Which server?
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

While not the fastest way to earn XP here are a few suggestions to help you have something to do to get you past the level 19 hump.

• Don't be afraid to use a hireling
    • Don't be afraid to run quests on Casual or Normal or Hard with just you and your hireling
    • Use Explorer areas - You can get some XP from Explorer's and each kill will move you closer to XP. Gianthold, Orchard and Vale are solid explorer areas, and the new Whelloon Prison and The Storm Horns are also good.
    • If you have to solo and are not comfortable look at running level 15 quests

One technique I use with Explorer's is to work my way to a shrine and check the LFM's see if anything new is going on.

Once you get to 20 I think you will find it a bit easier to find groups, or you may be planning on TR'ng and going again 1 to 20. Totally up to you and your personal goal.

Quote Originally Posted by kierg10 View Post
    Which server?
    Orien

Enoach , thank you for words of wisdom , I will try what you mention.

Orien
    ah ok, if you had said argo i would asaid i could run with you later on after a gm fixes my current lr issues.....my main is sitting at lvl 17 now lol
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

Most people on Orien never take 19. You will find a barren wasteland for a level 19 toon. DO follow suggestions above. Get to 20 ASAP. Then you will find lots of groups. It is currently 10:30am on Monday, and I see 3 groups with level 20 included. And 2 that start at 21 that you could probably talk your way into since you are a cleric. You should never lack for groups once you hit 20.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Ok thanks for your information guys.

In my opinion DDO has one of the best communities in any mmo

Seems like about everyone and their mama has TR'd this week. Lower level ranges are pretty hopping and a handful of top end quests...the 18ish level stuff seems to be very slow right now though. Give it a week or two and should be picking up at that range. Most folks dont take 19 until they can take 20 though because at 19 you go out of range for quests folks like to run.

I play World of Tanks 5/7 days now to overcome this.

2014 DDO Players Council

The current build I have is not strong enough to solo play and after an hour of trying to solo I usually fail.
    We all recently received a +20 Lesser Heart of Wood. If you're unhappy with your current build, you can, right now for free, change it to ANYTHING else.

Or save your +20 heart, and just use your free LR to build a better version of your current class.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    We all recently received a +20 Lesser Heart of Wood. If you're unhappy with your current build, you can, right now for free, change it to ANYTHING else.
    Well, unless it's a 3-class build. Not that I'm complaining, I knew the price when I created them.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Normally, healers get snapped up. 19 can be a tough level as everyone rushes through it.

Keep posting lfms, you will get hits. At your level, I would do Vale quest on normal with a hireling; this will help you get good xp for exploreres as well. The Shavarath explorer area is doable with a hireling as well - just take your time. If you feel like grouping, always keep lfms up, even after you start a quest - state 'in progress' even when you are soloing, as you are much likelier to get someone to come along.

Someone in the forums, I can't remember who (maybe Ungood?), also also started putting "you kill, I'll heal" in their lfms for their cleric and said they had a lot of good responses.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- years & still spawning kobolds
    Who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Community Member

I have NEVER seen so many open groups in the past few years as I've seen this weekend, in every level range. To say the age of pugging is over is laughable.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by foolz View Post
    I have NEVER seen so many open groups in the past few years as I've seen this weekend, in every level range. To say the age of pugging is over is laughable.
    Don't get out pugging much do you? Best times for pugging was 10/2009. Averaged 9 instances in the Marketplace on Khyber and other servers. Crazy busy - it was never like like even when DDO started.

Again, 2012, MoTU, 5-6 instances for a while. This year? Still topping out at 2-3 instances most of the time with a perhaps a bump 8-10 p.m. US, EST, certain nights.

School started for most of the country last week or this week, as well, so we'll see how that impacts play.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- years & still spawning kobolds
    Who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Community Member

Default too much

I agree. I think the game has lost its focus completely. It's now all about jumping levels, mega builds and mega gear. D&D was never about that. It was about the journey to becoming a high level character. What I see now are high lev toons with plenty of amazing weaponry who don't know how to play the game and just launch themselves into quest s knowing they can do it again and again with no downside.

Oh, and Orien is the worst server for finding long-term guilds that won't expel you after 7 days of not playing.

I'd actually like to have a completely different membership that progressed slowly, didn't have chests full of vorpal +5, Undead-slaying, 100% fortification, blah blah gear and crafting systems that encourage you to run the same thing over and over and over again. Anyone who played PnP D&D did so because it was original and non-repetitive.

Can't we have a bit of that back please instead of instant creation of 15th Lev superheroes newbs (at a price).