Default Secret doors on heroic elite in Shadowfell chain

Is it WAI that a lvl. 25 toon with a Search of +66 is not able to find lvl. 21 elite doors? If that is intended I am disappointed and angry.

Want to report it as a bug but bug reporting tool is down.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 08-23-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Is it WAI that a lvl. 25 toon with a Search of +66 is not able to find lvl. 21 elite doors? If that is intended I am disappointed and angry.

Want to report it as a bug but bog reporting tool is down.
    Pretty sure they'll plug in a pay Astral Shard for no fail search check roll there.

Community Member

Last edited by Rubbinns; 08-23-2013 at 05:12 AM. Reason: double post

This is way out of balance. I can find secret doors in *A Break In The Ice* on epic hard, which means a lvl. 28 quest but not in heroic elite *Through A Mirror Darkly*.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 08-23-2013 at 05:34 AM.
    Characters on Orien:

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    Pretty sure they'll plug in a pay Astral Shard for no fail search check roll there.
    Actually its a store item for TP already.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    This is way out of balance. I can find secret doors in *A Break In The Ice* on epic hard, which means a lvl. 28 quest but not in *Through A Mirror Darkly*.
    I noticed something funny too. In few of the stormhorns quests on EH i t couldnt get certain spellward traps highest roll i got was 68 on a 20. Some other thread cant find it, but players were saying they failed stats skiill checks- str/wis/int- on 50 for some of the wheloon quests.

LOL Gkar, I was worried they didnt for a second. But, now, nope good ole turbine
    Last edited by Rubbinns; 08-23-2013 at 05:37 AM.

Not only that, Fascinate does not work as good as it used to. Eh giants in giant hold saved reliably against my 82+1d20!!! Sure it can be pushed higher but come on, an average will save DC of 92-93 and a giant saves many attempts in a row. Same on epic hard *Unquiet Graves*. Undead PDK knights save all the time against Music of The Dead.

Then those secret doors. They borked something again. Or, which is worst case, it is a conspiracy to sell more skill Tomes, which means, now we are forced to pay for store items to actually get through quests. And on top of that, actually take Skill Focus...seriously :/?

I am fine with store bs as long as it remains an option and not mandatory to get quest objectives, that includes optionals, too.
    Characters on Orien:

Maybe it is not the DC the problem but the way search doors works (or doesn't work)

In Bauldry's chain (Heroic Hard), with an item of detect door (Who now give a search of 5 + x/2 level of caster), first charge i wasn't able to see the secret door
    I moved away, used another charge of detect door and come back and this time i found the door

I used the skill. I am fine with items not working any more as they used to but the skill should at the level of my character and more importantly in a heroic elite quest 4 levels below my character's level.
    Characters on Orien:

OP, you don't mention which quest in particular you are talking about, but we're aware that Secret Doors in Army of Shadow are not working correctly, and we hope to have that fixed soon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Thank you Cordovan. I was, indeed referring to Army of Shadows. I forgot to mention that.
    Characters on Orien:

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    OP, you don't mention which quest in particular you are talking about, but we're aware that Secret Doors in Army of Shadow are not working correctly, and we hope to have that fixed soon.
    Good to know. We were searching for them on Epic Hard last night and we were failing in the high 60s low 70s range. True seeing, Fey Vision, nothing worked.

I had to remark to my guildie how much more fun it was not being able to do stuff in quests. This was indeed a sorely needed change.