Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me...

Default Is it me...

...or have they increased the cool-down times of the Necrotic Touch / Bolt / Blast SLAs for PMs?

If so, it is an idiotic idea.

yes, a lot x_x. And the spell likes don't heal the skeletal pet. They are useless now (and waaaay overpized)
    Last edited by Iriale; 08-26-2013 at 07:07 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Definitely not just you, the cooldown has just about doubled making it barely usefull nevermind worthwhile...

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    ...or have they increased the cool-down times of the Necrotic Touch / Bolt / Blast SLAs for PMs?
    Yes, I don't even have them on a hot-bar any more. They are now worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    If so, it is an idiotic idea.
    Agreed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    Definitely not just you, the cooldown has just about doubled making it barely usefull nevermind worthwhile...

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    They are definitely worthwhile and useful. They fit perfectly with the AM SLAs. Timers are set up so all SLAs can be cycled nearly nonstop for SP-saving kills. Also, wizards are very very easy on APs. If you don't spend the AP on the PM SLAs, well... there's no where else to spend them. You can get all the good things in both the AM and PM trees and still have AP left over.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

The fact that there's nothing better to spend your APs (or money, or time) does not make something worthwhile.
    Yes I can put necrotic bolt etc in with the other SLA's and cycle through them without too much waiting -but it's still a stealth nerf which has reduced it from being used a lot to being used maybe when Im out of mana or otherwise have nothing better to do. Oh and when there's crates to crush.

*shrug* I'm not too bothered by the nerf itself, in general my wizzy became stronger. But when something you commonly used a lot suddenly AND secretly gets reduced to maybe once in a blue moon, that's just annoying.

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    The fact that there's nothing better to spend your APs (or money, or time) does not make something worthwhile.
    Yes I can put necrotic bolt etc in with the other SLA's and cycle through them without too much waiting -but it's still a stealth nerf which has reduced it from being used a lot to being used maybe when Im out of mana or otherwise have nothing better to do. Oh and when there's crates to crush.

*shrug* I'm not too bothered by the nerf itself, in general my wizzy became stronger. But when something you commonly used a lot suddenly AND secretly gets reduced to maybe once in a blue moon, that's just annoying.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    This is different than saying they're not worthwhile. They still have worth.

Even fully upgraded the PM SLAs have a longer cooldown then they had in U18. I use to be able to Bolt/Blast/Bolt etc for a continuous negative energy stream of damage.

Now I need a third spell in the cycle or have a 2 to 3 second delay between cycles.

This however, is not a bad thing, nor does it make the abilities "useless". The PM SLAs don't require any spell points, but do require Hit Points to cast. These Hit Points can easily be replaced by either a Negative Energy Aura (In Undead Form), Cleric Positive Aura (Out of Undead Form) or by adding in a Cure/Inflict Potion/Spell/Scroll to the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    This is different than saying they're not worthwhile. They still have worth.
    Sorry, they are worthless garbage. They were barely worth using when the cooldown was fast, now they are ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Sorry, they are worthless garbage. They were barely worth using when the cooldown was fast, now they are ****.
    Agreed.

The trend of continuous extension of cooldowns for casting abilities is completely out of control. Instead of moving forward in a post wail nerf game, they continue moving casters backward.

A message to the devs: You might not know this, but my casters like to kill things too. And they shouldn't have to build for melee damage while dumping their primary stat - or becoming a no save spell spammer to do so.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Casters in the lvl28 EEs I've run have never been more effective in recent times, and they were all underlevel for the content. Holds/dancing balls/finger/wail, they didn't obliterate content but we got thru without a healer based on their effectiveness.

Community Member

Get off the forums and play the game. The new optimal wizard build utilizes most of the PM tree, most of the AM tree and the SLAs are a very important part of the build.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    Casters in the lvl28 EEs I've run have never been more effective in recent times, and they were all underlevel for the content. Holds/dancing balls/finger/wail, they didn't obliterate content but we got thru without a healer based on their effectiveness.
    I can't speak for sorcs because I got mad at some changes and LRd mine. But wizards got a very nice buff. They can play like a PM in low-save quests and a Shiradi in high-save quests. The diversity really is quite amazing.

Free dps is never ****.
    Proud Officer of The Madborn

Community Member

Get off the forums and play the game. The new optimal wizard build utilizes most of the PM tree, most of the AM tree and the SLAs are a very important part of the build.
    Not the palemaster SLAs.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Not the palemaster SLAs.
    Yes, the palemaster SLAs.

If you think those worthless SLA that barely do any damage and have a 30 minute cooldown you know nothing about DDO. But then again this didn't need to be pointed out as anyone who's ever read any of your posts will come to the same conclusion.
    Last edited by Teh_Troll; 08-26-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Community Member

If you think those worthless SLA that barely do any damage and have a 30 minute cooldown you know nothing about DDO. But then again this didn't need to be pointed out as anyone who's ever read any of your posts will come to the same conclusion.
    It is of course not a 30 minute cooldown. It fits perfectly in the SLA chain, which is important for soloing high-level quests without cheese.

It is of course not a 30 minute cooldown. It fits perfectly in the SLA chain, which is important for soloing high-level quests without cheese.
    My necrotic SLAs turned magically into Magic Missile / Force Missiles. They may still turn further into a True Heart of Wood; that remains to be seen.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

The interesting thing about doggedly repeating yourself in this case is that you are no more right or wrong than you were the first time you mentioned it.

It is in fact true that the cooldowns have been extended every pass. Just as it is true that offering a low cost SLA, while extending the timer between uses recreates the inefficiency problem anew.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast