Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    If we logged on after U20 and see that we have to pay 3 AS to enter the marketplace, would you people still claim that it was a great move by Turbine? Honestly I could care less as I make 200-500 AS on the ah. A cash grab like this does not bring people into the game, it causes them to walk away.
    I need to file this under hyperbole. The AS teleport cost is cheesy, it's entirely unnecessary, but at least it's optional. I'm not happy that it exists and don't like it as an indicator of where the game is going.

Aren't you undermining your position against the entire AS thing by participating in the ASAH though? Not exactly taking the moral high ground is it?

And while the 3 AS to teleport is cheesy as hell, I don't see it being sufficient to cause people to walk away. If it was the only way to get to the quests then I would probably agree with you.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    That xp amount is good for about 30mins of playtime. Since ship buffs ran out I assume that you took longer than 30 mins for it. Epic xp my goal is 10k per min or close to it.
    We didn't go in fully buffed, but that's not the point, we were in for about an hour all told, mostly because we had to actually explore and find the explorers for ourselves without the aid of a map. Which you can now find with all of the explorers marked if you care to make the effort to look.

If you're looking for 10k per min then why are you even posting about the Storm Horn quests?

You know what the quests are worth and how long they take right?

You'd be better off just starting a new thread complaining about the low XP/min from the new expansion

So people are just determined to whine about stuff for no good reason.

You started off saying that it takes too long to get to these quests. So I put a video showing you it takes less next to no time. You then said that wasn't the quest you're talking about and cited another. So I put up a video showing you that's less than 2 minutes. So then you say that you need to tag a camp and that's worth nothing. I've just told you it's worth 306k. Now you're saying that you want 10k/min or it's not worth lifting your mouse. You do realise just how ridiculous you're making yourself look here by continually shifting the goal posts so that you have something to complain about.

I would have had more respect for your position if you had answered 'Okay, fair enough. It's not as bad as I had first thought, thanks for the sanity check' some time ago.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

I don't even need to try any more, you're doing all the work for me.
    Oh wow, You really are lonely. Look, Ill give you my phone number you can just keep texting me, so youre not so lonely any more.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    Cost of doing business in today's marketplace has gone up. Businesses must adapt to the market and their client base in order to keep churning a profit. As for Turbine, they are finding other ways to make money. Is it greed? Is it simply to milk what they can out of a dying playerbase? Is it to attempt to turn a healthy profit? Has an email/phone call been dropped on them by WB that states turn a $___.00 profit this year or we are closing up shop? Maybe its not any one of these but several of them, or something similar. All I know is the game I loved for so long keeps changing, and I keep changing with it. Change it too much... simplify it too much... and I'll lose interest.
    It's pretty much a given that every year they have to make a profit that is competitive with other uses WB can find for their budget. It's likely the reason a raidless expansion was released. They are pretty much stuck with the premium/VIP hybrid structure. So finding ways to get everyone to pay more, rather than just moving to whichever payment plan is giving the most bang for their buck, is their only alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Catteras View Post
    If you cant be bothered to find them, or are unable to, then i suggest a simpler game. Snakes and ladders was still available in stores the last I checked.

But wait, would you then require a free teleport to the store to buy it? Yeah, I guess we are back to square one.

Sorry for the interruption. Please continue.
    Nope. Snakes and Ladders is long gone. Too non-PC. It is now Chutes and Ladders.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

When you're old enough to understand, someone will tell you about 'psychological projecting'.
    I'm sure that matters on the ddo forums and community of 20 people. You are so wise. And I dont really care what you think. I dont like being charged for a teleport. It is not a convenience they delivered to us for a fee. It was to be free from the lfm panel but they couldnt get it right unless they charged 3 shards. You can say what ever you want I really dont care. We are all pretty clear that we wont be friends. I'm much too young and immature for you and I dont like much of you any way, so.
    Last edited by Rubbinns; 08-27-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbinns View Post
    I'm sure that matters on the ddo forums and community of 20 people. You are so wise. And I dont really care what yout think. I dont like being charged for a teleport. It is not a convenience they delivered to us for a fee. It was to be free from the lfm panel but they couldnt get it right unless they charged 3 shards. You can say what ever you want I really dont care. We are all pretty clear that we wont be friends. I'm much too young and immature for you and I dont like much of you any way, so.
    lol u so funneh. go find north camp and then no take 3 shards form u evar again. unless ur 2 drunk to find quest or 2 lazy to walk from camp. lol lol
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    lol u so funneh. go find north camp and then no take 3 shards form u evar again. unless ur 2 drunk to find quest or 2 lazy to walk from camp. lol lol
    Hehe, Darth I'm entirely too lazy to be bothered to. If they can teleport me to a quest door, they can do it for free :P

Hehe, Darth I'm entirely too lazy to be bothered to. If they can teleport me to a quest door, i will pay as :P
    there, I fixed for u
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darthhento View Post
    there, I fixed for u
    Nuuuu.

Now, I wonder what the fix the teleport from the lfm panel threads looked like?

I'm not happy that it exists and don't like it as an indicator of where the game is going.
    This is exactly my point. I am not on the Chai bandwagon that this will kill the game anytime soon, but this is no hyperbole. The more and more we see things like this introduced and we accept them, the more Turbine will push the envelope.

Aren't you undermining your position against the entire AS thing by participating in the ASAH though? Not exactly taking the moral high ground is it?
    I do participate in P2W by selling my items on the ASAH so that I am able to afford these obstacles that Turbine presents. This is not the point of the post and there is no moral high ground. The point is that Turbine will not lose the blood lust for money no matter if you put tp into my account or if I buy them myself.

And while the 3 AS to teleport is cheesy as hell, I don't see it being sufficient to cause people to walk away.
    I do not wish to speak bad of you. You do a great job on keeping the monster manual up to date and have added many great threads to the forums, but at what point does this turn from “cheesy” to “BS I am outta here”?

The best part of all the threads like this is by reading what the apologists say. “If you don’t like it, leave”. They get mad if an elitist person runs of a new person, but that stand firm by Turbine when they run off new people with all these fire sale schemes.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

Hehe, Darth I'm entirely too lazy to be bothered to. If they can teleport me to a quest door, they can do it for free :P
    Well I'm sure they can do it for free. They just don't choose to do so.

You started off saying that it takes too long to get to these quests. So I put a video showing you it takes less next to no time. You then said that wasn't the quest you're talking about and cited another. So I put up a video showing you that's less than 2 minutes. So then you say that you need to tag a camp and that's worth nothing. I've just told you it's worth 306k. Now you're saying that you want 10k/min or it's not worth lifting your mouse. You do realise just how ridiculous you're making yourself look here by continually shifting the goal posts so that you have something to complain about.

I would have had more respect for your position if you had answered 'Okay, fair enough. It's not as bad as I had first thought, thanks for the sanity check' some time ago.
    I agree... Char, it's time to man up and admit that it's not as bad as you thought.

Just like you did with the enhancement pass...

Really, it's OKAY not to hate a game that you play 2+ hours a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    ...at what point does this turn from “cheesy” to “BS I am outta here”?
    When the cheese gets deep enough that I ask myself why I play such a silly game. Say what you like about giving Turbine warnings of my having had enough with such things. If they are so oblivious as to not realize when they are going to far, or so reckless as to try to push the edge of the envelope, they deserve to fail as a business.

Someone there needs to step back far enough to see how this sort of sleaze is detracting from the game as a whole and have good enough judgment to realize it's going to kill the game. They can't actually think we are to stupid to realize it ourselves. Or maybe they do and are right in enough cases to be able get away with it. If that's the case then DDO will simply become another game I used to play regardless of what I think in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I agree... Char, it's time to man up and admit that it's not as bad as you thought.

Just like you did with the enhancement pass...

Really, it's OKAY not to hate a game that you play 2+ hours a day.
    No I really really do hate the stormhorns. I will probably not step foot back in them again, and will recommend to people not buy them. Actually I find the quest packs of the expansion bad for multiple reasons that I summed up in another thread here

The good

The ep came out ok, some problems but not as bad as feared
    The art department did a good job

The bad
    shard icon on main screen
    as teleport
    large explorers with no loot, poor xp/min, and no challenge leaving no reason to want to be in them
    fight design for end fights borrowed from nwo it feels like, have one bag of hp and adds, a lot of adds.
    Secret door changes
    graphic effects of shadowfell giving some people headaches
    graphic effects of wgu flying effects giving me motion sickness
    named loot design that is underpowered
    named loot design with too much randomness
    random loot design that is more powerful than the named items
    xp ransack changes fix a player concern by killing the ability to farm, if you want to stop farming go more carrot and less stick and people would do it anyways.
    Sadly WGU was probably one of the few quests that I actually liked but the effects make it where I just can not even play it at the moment without becoming violently ill.
    Last edited by Charononus; 08-27-2013 at 07:10 AM.

No I really really do hate the stormhorns. I will probably not step foot back in them again, and will recommend to people not buy them. Actually I find the quest packs of the expansion bad for multiple reasons that I summed up in another thread here
    Your list of good and bad is perfectly valid as your opinions, but I'm talking about admitting that the shard teleport thing isn't as bad as you thought because Turbine also put in free teleports that put you close to the quests.

Sidenote: Your expectation of 10k/min for epic quests is really out-of-whack... Especially for a NEW area. Turbine really did you a disservice by leaving Impossible Demands and Rusted Blades up for so long didn't they? Now you are ruined for the rest of the game.
    Last edited by Thrudh; 08-27-2013 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremmlynn View Post
    When the cheese gets deep enough that I ask myself why I play such a silly game. Say what you like about giving Turbine warnings of my having had enough with such things. If they are so oblivious as to not realize when they are going to far, or so reckless as to try to push the edge of the envelope, they deserve to fail as a business.

Someone there needs to step back far enough to see how this sort of sleaze is detracting from the game as a whole and have good enough judgment to realize it's going to kill the game. They can't actually think we are to stupid to realize it ourselves. Or maybe they do and are right in enough cases to be able get away with it. If that's the case then DDO will simply become another game I used to play regardless of what I think in the matter.
    Well let’s not talk about Gremmlynn or Vint for a second. Remember right before the expansion most servers LFM’s were dead and we kept seeing threads about people logging on for 10 minutes and logging right back off as there was nothing to do? You or I could have found things to do so we could discount what they said, but it does not eliminate the fact that people will log off if they are not “catered” to.

Say whatever you like about this situation. Tell this guy good riddance and good luck in his future endeavors, but does this sound like a good strategy to keep people?
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Your list of good and bad is perfectly valid as your opinions, but I'm talking about admitting that the shard teleport thing isn't as bad as you thought because Turbine also put in free teleports that put you close to the quests.
    Those still require playing in an incredibly boring zone for 30-60mins to get the campsites per toon per life as compared to vale, orchard, gh, sands, where you just have to learn the path and can get to each quest in under 3 mins from the main entrance. It's a design meant to irritate some players into paying money to bypass the irritation. That's a horrible sign on the direction of the game.

Sidenote: Your expectation of 10k/min for epic quests is really out-of-whack... Especially for a NEW area. Turbine really did you a disservice by leaving Impossible Demands and Rusted Blades up for so long didn't they? Now you are ruined for the rest of the game.
    Just means I play the other stuff for loot or challenge after I'm xp capped.

Community Member

Those still require playing in an incredibly boring zone for 30-60mins to get the campsites per toon per life as compared to vale, orchard, gh, sands, where you just have to learn the path and can get to each quest in under 3 mins from the main entrance. It's a design meant to irritate some players into paying money to bypass the irritation. That's a horrible sign on the direction of the game.
    The disconnect you don't seem able to recognize is that the reason you find the explorer area "incredibly boring" is tied to you prioritizing XP per minute over actually playing and enjoying the content.

You view the explorer areas as an obstacle to be overcome as quickly as possible rather than as something worthy on its own merits. You also need to realize that getting to the quests is part of the challenge for this area.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast