Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Well still working on my bard, but had pretty close to max enchantment dc prior to this update and then this update got a little bit more charisma so was at 58 charisma or so + magister twist enchant in fatesinger + epic spell focus enchantment and using twilight. I was at that level when I cc those huge mob sets. The last one at end fight had a little bit more trouble because had several death penalties from the assassins hammering me and us not know what we were doing. I am working on getting her higher with charisma +10 item, spell focus V enchantment item so at least could have been 3 higher dc and probably 4 when all is said and done.
    How reliable was fascinate?

a 54(?) DC enchant on my wizard was working okay, it might be required to go full-retard on the Enchantment taking all 3 feats, Enchant AM and Magister twist to push it over 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

a 54(?) DC enchant on my wizard was working okay, it might be required to go full-retard on the Enchantment taking all 3 feats, Enchant AM and Magister twist to push it over 60.
    I do not know if this is quite the case Troll. I would get a fairly high % of mobs with discoball, mind fog, crushing despair, and hypno. The real point is that my character was lacking enchantment focus 5, charisma + 10, and probably another dc somewhere. You can probably get your dc as high as my bard is now without going full retard with that gear I mentioned. I imagine wizards will put the +11 item and fit +5 enchantment focus somewhere on their build.

Fascinate takes a little bit more time to set up and has a different mechanic of course even with enthrall so I was more using the discoball set up, but enthrall is pretty strong of course and then pull single target style. If things went awry I bit in the quest I used enthrall especially on those pesky assassins although alot of otto's irresistable dance there. Anyway could see enthrall being successful only issue is while playing it with the lag when those mobs spawns can be a little finicky/rough.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    This is a tough nut to crack, have beaten it a few times but each time was an expensive blood-bath.

Has anyone found the easy-button yet? I'm not above cheese and exploity perch-spots.
    Massive wave of orcs? Use a druid or a bard to CC, then blitz the mobs away. Shadovars dance to the tune of otto's irresistible, provided you get past the SR.

The boss giving you trouble? Either have a WF hold aggro or keep a stack of stone to flesh scrolls handy.

As for cheese, there's only 4 mobs in the end fight who can see invis and they're the 4 Shadovars. You can deal with pillars by invising to each pillar and dps'ing it down before you get too much aggro.

You can even run up the chains to the end fight and never open the last gate. This gives you a safe spot from everything whenever you need to recover (just jump down, the gate's not open and mobs can't get to you). Using this strategy even allows you to group up a bunch of orcs in a tight little corner as they try to reach you and get stuck trying to get past the raised gate, making them easy pickings for cc+blitz tactic mentioned earlier.

Mind you, now that I've explained the trick with the chain, expect it to be fixed in a future update. :P
    Old forum names (that I can't use anymore because of forum changes): Lehmu, Kanttura.
    I play Iioi, Feira, Shrtguy Stabsalot, Hjeelmee Nao, Kesib, Eisiishai, Iioo, Iiio & Havesword Will Travel on Argonnessen.
    I'm also in youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehmuska View Post
    Massive wave of orcs? Use a druid or a bard to CC, then blitz the mobs away. Shadovars dance to the tune of otto's irresistible, provided you get past the SR.

The boss giving you trouble? Either have a WF hold aggro or keep a stack of stone to flesh scrolls handy.

As for cheese, there's only 4 mobs in the end fight who can see invis and they're the 4 Shadovars. You can deal with pillars by invising to each pillar and dps'ing it down before you get too much aggro.

You can even run up the chains to the end fight and never open the last gate. This gives you a safe spot from everything whenever you need to recover (just jump down, the gate's not open and mobs can't get to you). Using this strategy even allows you to group up a bunch of orcs in a tight little corner as they try to reach you and get stuck trying to get past the raised gate, making them easy pickings for cc+blitz tactic mentioned earlier.

Mind you, now that I've explained the trick with the chain, expect it to be fixed in a future update. :P
    The ledge by the last gate is easy to jump up onto as well, this has to have been placed as a refuge from the melee orcs so you can take out the priests and prey upon the last surviving.

I personally don't use blitz as I spec to go higher dps on bosses, with nightmares blitz doesn't really add much to killing time of trash anyway on my tempest and I prefer to keep the points for majority of quests where blitz isn't as easy to keep up.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

I like this quest a lot.

The red alert can be mitigated if you are careful with how many mobs you pull, i don't mind it really. When I blitz the mobs, the alert goes down quickly.

The most annoying part of this quest is the purple screen when the shadavers spawn. This needs to go ASAP because it lags me out.

I like the endfight, if you want an easy button - hit a 72 fort save and avoid the guys flesh to stone. I don't find the mob density a challenge, it merely keeps things interesting.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Fascinate is quite reliable. We completed an three man EE run a few days ago with a bard, wizard and trapper. I took a screenshot of some orcs just hanging around fascinated while we pew-pewed the pillars. It was my first run, so I didn't realize the quest could have been much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post

Frets warchanter ¤ Incise ex-ranger ¤ Tiagan druid ¤ Carpal monk ¤ Thwart swashbuckler ¤ Humbucking trapper ¤ Hemolytic paladin ¤ Coercive warlock ¤ Unhealer cleric
    Leader, ~Elite Raiders~ of Khyber ...

Welcome to the your first Quaid*, enjoy...

(*6 man raids designed with ED 10 / ML 30 in mind)

Figured it out, got it done in a psuedo-efficient manner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12