Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Default Randgem loot not dropping many MoTU prefixes and suffixes

Are many prefixes and suffixes just gone from the new tables?

Convalescent,
    Greater Convalescent,
    (Superior Parrying even?),
    Radiance,
    Scintillating,
    Dynamo,
    Heavenly Wrath,
    Devastation,
    Mauling,
    Mangling,
    Blasphemy,
    Thousand Suns,
    Toxic,
    Oceanic,
    Temestuous,
    Meteoric,
    etc.

On the AH I have only seen any of these with ML 25 or lower, indicating they're items from before the expansion.

In my questing of the new content I have also not seen a single one of these old prefixes or suffixes.

If I'm dead wrong on this, please correct me, but if I'm not, umm... can we get these back - especially Convalescent bracers?

It's rough to functionally decree that you can't put heal amp on bracers unless you already had a pair pre-expansion.

Weapons of radiance are almost required for a rogue. There are melee named item alternatives, but sticking every new repeater rogue with a Rad II Greensteel is harsh.

EDIT: RandgeN loot doesn't have any of them either.
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 08-25-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    In Von 3 the breakables in the Troll Ambassador optional room are slow to get to and unnecessary for ransack.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

I am not 100% sure, but I think greater parrying and superior parrying are appearing in the new rangen loot, except that they are all called PARRYING now (which is like how many of the new U19 effects appear in item name - which I dislike, I liked being able to tell by the item name what level of effect it had).

for parrying at least, the items were retroactively changed, so if you had a superior parrying item, it now just has PARRYING in the item name, but if you look at the item description:

PARRYING I = "parrying" = +1 insight bonus
    PARRYING IV = "greater parrying"= +2 insight bonus
    PARRYING VIII = "superior parrying"= +4 insight bonus

((EDIT: sorry I meant PARRYING not CONVALESCENCE in this post))

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post
    Are many prefixes and suffixes just gone from the new tables?

Convalescent,
    Greater Convalescent,
    (Superior Parrying even?),

On the AH I have only seen any of these with ML 25 or lower, indicating they're items from before the expansion.

In my questing of the new content I have also not seen a single one of these old prefixes or suffixes.

If I'm dead wrong on this, please correct me, but if I'm not, umm... can we get these back - especially Convalescent bracers?

EDIT: RandgeN loot doesn't have any of them either.
    Last edited by Graskitch; 08-26-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Community Member

Alternate hypotheses:

1) They just havent dropped yet. All the new mods (and there are a lot) are going to dilute the pool, making it rarer that any given affix is going to spawn. Its only been a week.

2) They have dropped, just they havent reached the AH yet. Either because people are keeping them when they drop, or they're largely assuming that by L25, no one's interested in lootgen and they're just vendoring them.

3) Maybe they weren't added to the L26-28 loot tables for whatever reason (purposefully or accidentally), but they still do drop on L20-25 random loot. You cant tell, after all, what on the AH was spawned before or after the update.

Sofar I havent seen Good Luck yet either but maybe people are just keeping those themselves.

Considering I have the +3 Good Luck trinket from FoT that would suit me just fine though but its probably too soon to tell.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    I am not 100% sure, but I think greater convalescent and superior convalescence are appearing in the new rangen loot, except that they are all called PARRYING now (which is like how many of the new U19 effects appear in item name - which I dislike, I liked being able to tell by the item name what level of effect it had).

for parrying at least, the items were retroactively changed, so if you had a superior parrying item, it now just has PARRYING in the item name, but if you look at the item description:

PARRYING I = "parrying" = +1 insight bonus
    PARRYING IV = "greater parrying"= +2 insight bonus
    PARRYING VIII = "superior parrying"= +4 insight bonus
    [x] convalescence = 10/20/30% Healing amp....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

oops sorry about that, yeah the original post was asking about the missing convalescence prefix, but I mixed up the convalescence with parrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    [x] convalescence = 10/20/30% Healing amp....

I haven't been seeing those MOTU prefixes/suffixes either. While I don't hate most of the new random loot design, I find both the naming and the variety disappointing.
    Bogenbroom's legion... 102 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.