Hybrid View

Question Missing gears in the Shadow Crypt ?

I have searched for answers to this and I can't find any. Please let me know if I've missed some page or thread.

This is the second time I'm running this quest and can't find more than 10 gears. I am following the wiki pattern maps.

I find a chest in most rooms, except the underwater ones. Given the number of steps in the wiki maps, it would mean that there needs to be chests underwater, but I have never found a chest underwater. What am I missing?

Yes there are always chests in the water rooms. They will be above water though. I just go in and swim around hitting Q til I target one then work my way to wherever it is.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    Yes there are always chests in the water rooms. They will be above water though. I just go in and swim around hitting Q til I target one then work my way to wherever it is.
    Does that mean they must be at one of the N/W/S/E entrances? Or are there places to surface in the middle?

there are places to surface all over but these and the chests are constrained to the outer walls. I don't have the placement memorized but from what I recall the chests are usually just to one side of the NSEW entrances.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Sorc TR7 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/8 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 TR2 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Nevermind! I figured it out using the Q method. Thanks so much!!